Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Guest diogo_sg

I just had a bowl of corn flakes.

"So how corn flakes move on

How come milk don't flow

When I get to the end of my bowl"

I'm eating some "experimental" soup today.

Yesterday I started cooking and when I was halfway I discovered that I was missing some ingredients.

I threw some things in the cooking pot and the result was OK-ish. :)

I didn't have any signs of food poisoning today so I guess it will be save to eat the rest of it.:D

#notreallyakitchenprincess

• Like 1

I'm eating some "experimental" soup today.

Yesterday I started cooking and when I was halfway I discovered that I was missing some ingredients.

I threw some things in the cooking pot and the result was OK-ish. :)

I didn't have any signs of food poisoning today so I guess it will be save to eat the rest of it.:D

#notreallyakitchenprincess

Care to share what these experimental ingredients are, not-a-kitchen-Princess? hehe

Care to share what these experimental ingredients are, not-a-kitchen-Princess? hehe

The things I could find in my fridge: carrots, broccoli, red paprika, mushrooms, a little bit of ginger and bacon.

It looked awful but tasted pretty good.

I just tried to see if it was still edible and it was even better than yesterday. :)

But, be aware: try this at your own risk! :D

The things I could find in my fridge: carrots, broccoli, red paprika, mushrooms, a little bit of ginger and bacon.

It looked awful but tasted pretty good.

I just tried to see if it was still edible and it was even better than yesterday. :)

But, be aware: try this at your own risk! :D

Hmm sounds like a delicious soup to me to be honest! hehe Especially crispy bacon on top of a soup adds just the right zest :) I´d probably do without the mushrooms though hehe

I've just eaten a couple of tamales. We're celebrating the Candelaria's Day, which is a religious tradition. This day we eat tamales, they're very delicious and are made of smashed corn.

This is celebrated in many places around the world, both as part of common religions (christianity) and other denominations (paganism). In the USA its celebrated as Groundhog Day, in Italy as Calendaria (similar to the one you mention here, from candles= light), in neo-paganism its Imbolc (midwinter =half way between the winter solstice and spring equinox).

Religion has adopted it from ancient paganism, but I think its all very fitting as all of this is a celebration of the light (in paganism its the light of the Sun, in Christianity its Jesus as the light of the world, Groundhog day is about the advent of Spring). I do like it how traditions like this can be celebrated by different groups but under similar meanings :)

I also like how you eat those tamales made of corn, corn being of golden colour...like the Sun/Light :)

Apologise if this sounded geeky...I do have a passion for these things and I like to share /exchange :D

• Like 2

Hmm sounds like a delicious soup to me to be honest! hehe Especially crispy bacon on top of a soup adds just the right zest :) I´d probably do without the mushrooms though hehe

Yeah, the mushrooms were a mistake. :)

I've just eaten a couple of tamales. We're celebrating the Candelaria's Day, which is a religious tradition. This day we eat tamales, they're very delicious and are made of smashed corn.

15 minutes ago I learned that it is national pancake day today.

And the origin is also religious: Maria Lichtmis.

Well, too late, I'm not hungry anymore.

• Like 1

We also celebrate it here, but don`t eat anything special, just go to church and light the candles :)

• Like 1

This is celebrated in many places around the world, both as part of common religions (christianity) and other denominations (paganism). In the USA its celebrated as Groundhog Day, in Italy as Calendaria (similar to the one you mention here, from candles= light), in neo-paganism its Imbolc (midwinter =half way between the winter solstice and spring equinox).

Religion has adopted it from ancient paganism, but I think its all very fitting as all of this is a celebration of the light (in paganism its the light of the Sun, in Christianity its Jesus as the light of the world, Groundhog day is about the advent of Spring). I do like it how traditions like this can be celebrated by different groups but under similar meanings :)

I also like how you eat those tamales made of corn, corn being of golden colour...like the Sun/Light :)

Apologise if this sounded geeky...I do have a passion for these things and I like to share /exchange :D

It's good, we always learn something new every day. What led me to read more about this tradition. In Mexico people take their baby Jesus figurine to church the same way Virgin Mary presented him. We eat tamales because they're related to pre-Hispanic celebrations when Mayans believed people were made of corn and they offered this kind of dishes to their gods.

And I've just read China is celebrating the New Chinese Year which can be related with light I guess.

15 minutes ago I learned that it is national pancake day today.

And the origin is also religious: Maria Lichtmis.

Well, too late, I'm not hungry anymore.

You can eat it the next day it doesn't matter if it isn't a special day.

We also celebrate it here, but don`t eat anything special, just go to church and light the candles :)

We eat something special because during the Epiphany Day or the Three Kings' Day we eat a rosca (a kind of cake/bread that has a donut form but bigger) and it contains a small baby Jesus figurine (el niño). If you get el niño you have to invite the tamales in the Candelaria celebration. I'm not sure about the origin I think it is related with the fact that we love parties and food!

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
I'm sorry, I forgot that (almost) no one can't resist the delicious taste of chocolate!

Haha LOL, it seems like I'm the only one around here who can resist it ;) Everyone is so crazy for chocolate, I never knew...

• Like 1

Haha LOL, it seems like I'm the only one around here who can resist it ;) Everyone is so crazy for chocolate, I never knew...

Chocolate is one of the best things on earth! I could eat a whole chocolate cake or a bag of kisses or ferreros! Well, not that much, but if someone wants to makes me happy all I need is chocolate!

• Like 1

Chocolate is one of the best things on earth! I could eat a whole chocolate cake or a bag of kisses or ferreros! Well, not that much, but if someone wants to makes me happy all I need is chocolate!

Haha, doesn't it make you nauseated eating so much sweets? :o

It's not so much the chocolate, but I am craving cakes :D

to explain...I am currently on a diet. Actually i overate again today :( but it is somewhat working and I have lost some weight. Cakes are difficult to fit into my diet plan... :(

• Like 1

Actually i overate again today :(

I hate overeating, I know how you feel

Cakes are difficult to fit into my diet plan... :(

I heard a joke once that goes like this: For me going on a diet is not enough. I must go on two :laugh1:

• Like 2