✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

[2016-07-23] Soldier Field, CHICAGO, IL

I assume you bought through ticketmaster and your prices include fees? Price range listed on the page says $28-128 so im hoping I find something reasonable.

I have a suspicion that does not include fees etc. I remember seeing $25-30 for the worst seats (nosebleeders) last year as well, but with fees even the worst seats were around $50...

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good for you!! My husband already said "no way" for financial reasons. Emotionally, I wanted to have something to look forward to after my recovery. But, honestly, for me, this tour felt "over-produced", even though it was incredible. The commercialization seemed a little too evident this time. As you know, we missed a bunch of the show and had a really rough time with the weather. That night will be forever seared in my mind for how literally painful it was to my back, my ruined phone, my fear standing alone on a dangerous street corner trying to find my husband, etc. But I will especially remember the crowd joyfully spashing in the standing water and pouring rain to ASFOS and then chanting VLV all the way down the ramps coming out a half hour later. Those memories are what I want to be left with for this tour. I am good watching on Periscope, and like to see it even more from other countries. That is my virtual life! Sorry for rambling. It is great to hear from you!! I ned to drop you a line.

Sent from my SM-T350 using Coldplaying mobile app

• Like 2

I assume you bought through ticketmaster and your prices include fees? Price range listed on the page says $28-128 so im hoping I find something reasonable.

I got mine thru Ticketmaster and those prices did not include fees. My $174 floor seats were about $200 after fees. Be prepared to pay a lot for parking too if you want to park close by. I paid about $50 for a reserved space in one of the soldier field lots. You can pay a lot less if you don't mind being further away or in some shady areas of town. I brought my 8yo girl to that show so I laid down the big bucks for good parking for her sake.

Hopefully I'll go again next summer! Good luck to you!

• Like 1

Good for you!! My husband already said "no way" for financial reasons. Emotionally, I wanted to have something to look forward to after my recovery. But, honestly, for me, this tour felt "over-produced", even though it was incredible. The commercialization seemed a little too evident this time. As you know, we missed a bunch of the show and had a really rough time with the weather. That night will be forever seared in my mind for how literally painful it was to my back, my ruined phone, my fear standing alone on a dangerous street corner trying to find my husband, etc. But I will especially remember the crowd joyfully spashing in the standing water and pouring rain to ASFOS and then chanting VLV all the way down the ramps coming out a half hour later. Those memories are what I want to be left with for this tour. I am good watching on Periscope, and like to see it even more from other countries. That is my virtual life! Sorry for rambling. It is great to hear from you!! I ned to drop you a line.

I'm sorry Chicago had such a harsh experience at a concert (and then you of all people, with the back pain and all that ! it must have been terrible...) and amazed that you can still hold on to these good things. Cool that you like Periscope. I watched some at the beginning of this tour when we all were not yet sure what the setlist would be, but now these are a little bit too pixelated for my liking.

I know the tour is very overproduced and commercial and as you know I'm an Oldplayer, but still shows like that do make you want to go back again. Even though they are not really the band I can identify with anymore, it just feels great because it is a collective celebration, and I want to have something good to look forward to in 2017, that's why I decided to buy another ticket. But I totally understand anybody who doesn't want to go again, and it's true that the 2017 tickets are even more expensive, which is a shame.

Yeah, I wanted to write you too, I actually still wanted to make a playlist for you !

I would LOVE a playlist from you!! I

m waffling a bit about going. My husband actually encouraged me to buy two tickets, even though he won't go. I don't know.

Did you get playlists from other people as well ? Would you mind sharing what you already got, perhaps via PM ? I wanna pick out some things that you don't already have in your list ! :)

I got mine thru Ticketmaster and those prices did not include fees. My $174 floor seats were about $200 after fees. Be prepared to pay a lot for parking too if you want to park close by. I paid about $50 for a reserved space in one of the soldier field lots. You can pay a lot less if you don't mind being further away or in some shady areas of town. I brought my 8yo girl to that show so I laid down the big bucks for good parking for her sake.

Hopefully I'll go again next summer! Good luck to you!

My daughter & I are getting ready to buy floor seats for the August 17th, 2017 show. We want floor seats!!! We have always been stuck in nosebleeds seats. Do you have any good advice or recommendations on how to get the best seats?! I am willing to spend $300 a seat!! [emoji23][emoji173]️[emoji636][emoji441]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My daughter & I are getting ready to buy floor seats for the August 17th, 2017 show. We want floor seats!!! We have always been stuck in nosebleeds seats. Do you have any good advice or recommendations on how to get the best seats?! I am willing to spend $300 a seat!! [emoji23][emoji173]️[emoji636][emoji441]

Buy them as early as you can. :-)

Also, if you're on a computer rather than a smart phone, I seem to remember last time, I was able to go into this link to buy tickets from the map rather than letting the TM system search for you and get stuck in a really long wait.

Last time, I didn't log in to buy tickets for the Saturday show until a few days after the presale opened, and there weren't any good floor seats left, so we got ones in the back. Then when Sunday became available, I got on about five hours into the presale and got good floor seats.

• Like 1

Buy them as early as you can. :-)

Also, if you're on a computer rather than a smart phone, I seem to remember last time, I was able to go into this link to buy tickets from the map rather than letting the TM system search for you and get stuck in a really long wait.

Last time, I didn't log in to buy tickets for the Saturday show until a few days after the presale opened, and there weren't any good floor seats left, so we got ones in the back. Then when Sunday became available, I got on about five hours into the presale and got good floor seats.

I have a presale code for tomorrow at noon. I am going to be ready asap! I will be on my computer and ready to go. What section did you sit in?

I have a presale code for tomorrow at noon. I am going to be ready asap! I will be on my computer and ready to go. What section did you sit in?

I can't remember the section numbers, but Saturday was straight back from the stage in the 200 level seating. Sunday was about 15 rows back from the stage in front of where Guy usually stands.

• Like 1

I can't remember the section numbers, but Saturday was straight back from the stage in the 200 level seating. Sunday was about 15 rows back from the stage in front of where Guy usually stands.

Well, I know that I will be on that computer tomorrow ready to make the purchase! Thanks for all your help? Are you going to the next show?!

How much were 200 level seats pre fees? And with fees if you remember. Floor is too pricey for me. Im hoping 200-300 level on the sides.

Well, I know that I will be on that computer tomorrow ready to make the purchase! Thanks for all your help? Are you going to the next show?!

I'm still not sure. Last time I spent over $600 between both shows because my two kids came with and definitely didn't pay their own way. My husband wasn't thrilled with that.

I texted a few friends to see if they'd like to go. If one of them says yes by tomorrow morning, I think I'll get tickets and ask my husband for forgiveness later. [emoji39]

• Like 1

I'm still not sure. Last time I spent over $600 between both shows because my two kids came with and definitely didn't pay their own way. My husband wasn't thrilled with that.

I texted a few friends to see if they'd like to go. If one of them says yes by tomorrow morning, I think I'll get tickets and ask my husband for forgiveness later. [emoji39]

I am taking my 17yo daughter, my cousin & my dad is joining us this time too! I introduced him to Coldplay a few years back. I am buying my tickets tomorrow. Good luck with your hubby[emoji6]

How much were 200 level seats pre fees? And with fees if you remember. Floor is too pricey for me. Im hoping 200-300 level on the sides.

I think they were about $85-90 pre-fees, $100 with fees.

I did read on another thread this afternoon that 2017 tickets are more expensive, but I couldn't figure out how they know that. Maybe comparing the European legs that already went on sale? Hope they're not too far off from 2016 prices.

• Like 1

Did you get playlists from other people as well ? Would you mind sharing what you already got, perhaps via PM ? I wanna pick out some things that you don't already have in your list ! :)

Yes, I got some great live playlists. I'll PM you a list. Great quesiton. I tried to download the links in the B-sides download thread, but it doesn't let me for most because it says they are available on Amazon. So I still don't have most of those gems.

• Like 1

Yes, I got some great live playlists. I'll PM you a list. Great quesiton. I tried to download the links in the B-sides download thread, but it doesn't let me for most because it says they are available on Amazon. So I still don't have most of those gems.

Don't worry I can send you the B-sides !

I'm going again in 2017!!!!!!

[emoji2] [emoji95] [emoji93] [emoji322]

One of my friends replied before the presale started that she'll go if tix stay around $100. Of course, with the prices higher this year, I didn't want nosebleed seats, so I sprang for level 200 seats on the side about half way back, and I'll cover the extra for her. I'm the obsessed one between the two of us, and just glad to have someone to go with. Last time I saw them on both Saturday & Sunday with my two kids (one each night) so that was a lot more ticket price covering then.

Hip hip! [emoji4]

• Like 2

I'm going again in 2017!!!!!!

[emoji2] [emoji95] [emoji93] [emoji322]

One of my friends replied before the presale started that she'll go if tix stay around $100. Of course, with the prices higher this year, I didn't want nosebleed seats, so I sprang for level 200 seats on the side about half way back, and I'll cover the extra for her. I'm the obsessed one between the two of us, and just glad to have someone to go with. Last time I saw them on both Saturday & Sunday with my two kids (one each night) so that was a lot more ticket price covering then.

Hip hip! [emoji4]

Yea I got some too! Stayed under $100 and got low 400 section mid catwalk. Looked at pics from last year and it doesn't look that high up.

you are the best! I didn't get a ticket today. When I went to look tonight, just to see what was available, it looked like the price for the top tickets was $10 LESS than last year. The field arrangement looked different too. I checked on $96.50 tickets, the most I would spend this time, and it took me all the way up to level 3. I would't pay that up there and I couldn't do it anyway, due to severe fear of heights!

Yea I got some too! Stayed under $100 and got low 400 section mid catwalk. Looked at pics from last year and it doesn't look that high up.

Your seats probably won't be any further from the stage than my 200 level seats were all the way in the back last time. [emoji6]