✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

[2016-07-23] Soldier Field, CHICAGO, IL

I SO appreciate the media posted here!! I lost everything on my drowned iPhone, and am really bummed. I will download yours, and that will make up for much of ! This is such a supportive community. It's really a family, isn't it!

I'm so sorry about your phone. Don't worry too much, the experience you lived will be forever in your mind and in your heart. I'd love to read your review :)

I'll look for some cool videos on youtube just for you :)

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I feel stupid asking this question because I was there on Saturday, but I can't remember, and haven't had time to check videos yet. Did they do any of the confetti cannons on Saturday? I sat in the 200 level in the back and don't remember seeing them go off. I'm sure they didn't at the end while it rained but I'm not sure about the beginning when it was still dry enough.

When I came back for Sunday's show, I had floor seats and they did confetti at different times through the entire show. It occurred to me when they went off that I didn't remember seeing that on Saturday. Either because they didn't do it, or because I was sitting too far back to see, or because I was totally oblivious. Not sure which is worse. LOL. [emoji12]

I was kind of bummed for everybody attending this show when I read about the weather chaos and that the show had to be shortened. But then reading all your comments here and on social media it really made me smile how much fun everybody seemed to have despite it all, making the best out of it, and bonding over a surely extraordinary experience. It really is what this band is about. :)

• Like 2

I was there last night. I was bummed the openers were cut, but so happy Coldplay got almost a full set in. I was convinced that they would get 5 songs in and have to stop because the radar did not look very nice around 8:00 last night. brobbins is right on about the feeling in the stadium for the show. Everyone sort of just took the weather situation for what it was and made the best of it. The place was electric when the band came on stage to start the show. I don't think I've ever experienced anything quite like last night. It was definitely one for the memory books.

Alisbe, these are EXACTLY the songs I wanted! I feel complete now!! Eternal gratitude for your caring and time!!

• Like 2

I feel stupid asking this question because I was there on Saturday, but I can't remember, and haven't had time to check videos yet. Did they do any of the confetti cannons on Saturday? I sat in the 200 level in the back and don't remember seeing them go off. I'm sure they didn't at the end while it rained but I'm not sure about the beginning when it was still dry enough.

When I came back for Sunday's show, I had floor seats and they did confetti at different times through the entire show. It occurred to me when they went off that I didn't remember seeing that on Saturday. Either because they didn't do it, or because I was sitting too far back to see, or because I was totally oblivious. Not sure which is worse. LOL. [emoji12]

Brobbins, First, you were wonderful to keep responding to my questions here Saturday when I was stuck in traffic. I nearly fell off my chair when I saw your question. WHY? Because I saw a video on Twitter #ColdplayChicago that showed the confetti cannons going off. I was on the floor platform right next to the B-stage and the sound mixing booth. I felt so cheated and so blind when I saw that Twitter video because I, too, NEVER saw the canons go off. I couldn't recall what song they went off for, and thought we missed it with Up and Up or that the lightening prohibited it for ASFOS. But I just remember being rained on by confetti at two points in the show. Like a child in awe, I went nuts and forgot my back pain for a few minutes and jumped up to grab confetti, picking up soaked pieces off the floor in the rain. And causing more back pain...I thought in my crazed state I must have looked up instead of over by the B stage. Thing is, I was so close to it, I still can't believe I wouldn't have seen that. So maybe I'm not crazy or blind. You made my day with your question.

@brobbins perhaps the rain didn't let you see the confetti or you were so into the show that you didn't pay attention to that detail. But, yes there was confetti, that's what I saw on the videos.

@iamsue it's my pleasure. I'm glad you enjoyed it and that the show helped you to forget your pains for a moment. I didn't imagine you wanted those specific videos I just looked for the ones which were good and complete. The only one I tried to find was Fix You I thought that might be the one that it's more meaningful for you :)

• Like 1

Heard about this mayhem and I am so sorry for everyone who went to this show. I would be so sad if I'd been looking forward to the tour and all of the sudden this happened to the one concert I was going to...

All the more amazing in what high spirits people were nonetheless. I don't think I would have managed that ! You guys must have better than the NY crowd, who despite excellent conditions I did not once hear doing the Viva chant on their way out...

I read that post about @iamsue grabbing wet confetti in the rain despite back pain and you know what I thought ? I collected a small bag full of (dry and relatively clean) birds and stars after the NY show and I would like to send some out to those who didn't manage to get any because of the rain or got only soaked ones in bad shape. If you want a letter with a few confetti, just PM me your adress. Of course for free !

• Like 4

Heard about this mayhem and I am so sorry for everyone who went to this show. I would be so sad if I'd been looking forward to the tour and all of the sudden this happened to the one concert I was going to...

All the more amazing in what high spirits people were nonetheless. I don't think I would have managed that ! You guys must have better than the NY crowd, who despite excellent conditions I did not once hear doing the Viva chant on their way out...

I read that post about @iamsue grabbing wet confetti in the rain despite back pain and you know what I thought ? I collected a small bag full of (dry and relatively clean) birds and stars after the NY show and I would like to send some out to those who didn't manage to get any because of the rain or got only soaked ones in bad shape. If you want a letter with a few confetti, just PM me your adress. Of course for free !

That's so nice of you! Fortunately I got a handful of dry confetti on Sunday, so I'm good, but I'm sure some others will really appreciate that. [emoji122]

Speaking of the Viva chant as we left, when I was there on Sunday, I only heard it start up once vs. 3 or 4 times leaving on Saturday. Not that we had perfect weather on Sunday either, but the Viva spirit was definitely stronger on Saturday.

• Like 1

Brobbins, First, you were wonderful to keep responding to my questions here Saturday when I was stuck in traffic. I nearly fell off my chair when I saw your question. WHY? Because I saw a video on Twitter #ColdplayChicago that showed the confetti cannons going off. I was on the floor platform right next to the B-stage and the sound mixing booth. I felt so cheated and so blind when I saw that Twitter video because I, too, NEVER saw the canons go off. I couldn't recall what song they went off for, and thought we missed it with Up and Up or that the lightening prohibited it for ASFOS. But I just remember being rained on by confetti at two points in the show. Like a child in awe, I went nuts and forgot my back pain for a few minutes and jumped up to grab confetti, picking up soaked pieces off the floor in the rain. And causing more back pain...I thought in my crazed state I must have looked up instead of over by the B stage. Thing is, I was so close to it, I still can't believe I wouldn't have seen that. So maybe I'm not crazy or blind. You made my day with your question.

You're so very welcome for the updates! I was glad to help, and happy I was at least in the stadium by then under a shelter overhang rather than where you were. I didn't envy you being out in the storm trying to make it in on time.

Glad I'm not the only one who didn't see all the confetti. Thanks for admitting that and making me feel not alone in that! Lol [emoji28]

• Like 1

@iranaway that is such a kind offer! Now that my confetti has dried out, let me see what I got and I'll let you know. I just realized some were birds. I think. Really cute. Don't recall stars. Tiny squares and birds. We were very lucky to have gotten in two dry hours in beautiful weather. I was probably affected more by the rain after the concert than during. The sheer joy in watching people dancing in the aisles in a downpour while sloshing in water nearly brought me to tears. There was love in that stadium Saturday night. [emoji171]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 3

Wow, CondeMatt, I think you were just a couple rows in front of me on Sat. Do you recall seeing the wheelchair platform? How close were you to that? For sure, we were in the same side. I love the clear shot you got of the confetti canons firing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

That is super nice of you! I think I'll take you up on the offer.

• Like 1

That is super nice of you! I think I'll take you up on the offer.

Hi, I just put together your "letter" and I realized that most of my confetti are a bit crumpled due to the way I stuffed them into a bag and transported them home...I hope you will still enjoy them :)

Hi, I just put together your "letter" and I realized that most of my confetti are a bit crumpled due to the way I stuffed them into a bag and transported them home...I hope you will still enjoy them :)

I'm sure they'll be fine. Thank you again!

• 2 months later...

i did. Expect topay $176 for field seats in Sections B and back. Section A was stratospheric, like $750 to over $1000 I think, for the special packages, Level 1 was same as floor in front then down to about $90 in back, i think. Level Two was maybe $90-$75, I know I'm missing some tiers in between, like $125. I don't recall anything less than $75. Good luck with tickets and getting better weather than we did!!

Sent from my SM-T350 using Coldplaying mobile app

i did. Expect topay $176 for field seats in Sections B and back. Section A was stratospheric, like $750 to over $1000 I think, for the special packages, Level 1 was same as floor in front then down to about $90 in back, i think. Level Two was maybe $90-$75, I know I'm missing some tiers in between, like $125. I don't recall anything less than $75. Good luck with tickets and getting better weather than we did!!

Sent from my SM-T350 using Coldplaying mobile app

I assume you bought through ticketmaster and your prices include fees? Price range listed on the page says $28-128 so im hoping I find something reasonable.