✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

[2016-07-23] Soldier Field, CHICAGO, IL

They made a point of saying the start time changed to 7 so I think it will be very close to that. If I recall right, I think they went on about 8:30 or 8:45 for Mylo.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll be there the 23d. Given major back issues needing surgery soon, I switched to a disabled seat on the deck in B1. I just saw the map and I swear it looks like B1 got farther from the ramp to the B stage. Anybody else agree? I'm there alone (hubby not a fan, and does a mean- really mean- impersonation of Yellow.) By mean, I am saying the opposite of nice! But he's being gracious enough to drive me there because I can't. He thinks I am nuts but knows how much this means to me. Good guy for sure.

I am so sorry to hear that you will be going alone... :( Such a pity we live so far apart, otherwise we could've gone to the same show and surely would have had lots of fun together :D

By the way, I did unfortunately not find out where B1 would be during my show, but I saw that TM has updated the seat map now so I hope you know where your seat is now.

They made a point of saying the start time changed to 7 so I think it will be very close to that. If I recall right, I think they went on about 8:30 or 8:45 for Mylo.

From the NY shows, when the concert starts at 7, Coldplay would come on at about 9 pm !

First Foxes and then Alessia Cara. I didn't enjoy Foxes very much (but I also felt a bit sorry for her, it is an ungrateful job to have the first opening slot because she sings to a stadium that is half empty and half preoccupied with getting food/drinks/looking at Coldplay merch/dwelling in excitement about Coldplay).

Alessia Cara certainly has some catchy hooks in her songs and also does singalongs with the (by that point much more complete...) audience, from what I heard from her talking between the songs she seemed really nice and to have a good message in her songs, albeit definitely geared towards a teen girl audience. :)

From the NY shows, when the concert starts at 7, Coldplay would come on at about 9 pm !

First Foxes and then Alessia Cara. I didn't enjoy Foxes very much (but I also felt a bit sorry for her, it is an ungrateful job to have the first opening slot because she sings to a stadium that is half empty and half preoccupied with getting food/drinks/looking at Coldplay merch/dwelling in excitement about Coldplay).

Alessia Cara certainly has some catchy hooks in her songs and also does singalongs with the (by that point much more complete...) audience, from what I heard from her talking between the songs she seemed really nice and to have a good message in her songs, albeit definitely geared towards a teen girl audience. :)

I'm looking forward to Alessia Cara. I really like her song called "Here".

It's about being stuck at a party that she went to with her friends, and she hates every minute of it with all the a-holes and drunks there. Reminds me of college when I felt the same way at parties. Having young kids, I think it's a great message for them to know that you don't have to go along with the crowd, and it's okay to not enjoy partying. It's got an interesting beat and melody too. CP.com posted a good article about her opening for the band, and that dreadful "first opener" spot she had during the European tour.

http://coldplay.com/alessia-cara-interview/

Anyone worried about thunderstorms cancelling these shows possibly?

It looks like the rain and thunderstorms are predicted for late Saturday (starting 10-11pm) to Sunday morning, so hopefully if they happen at all, it'll be over night between both concerts. I know they won't cancel it just for rain.

Agree. When there was a bad Tstorm during the recent soccer championship, they moved everyone inside at halftime and continued after it passed. That storm had tornadoes to the south.

The stadium stands are evacuated right now. They moved everyone to covered areas by the concession stands. Hope this blows over and doesn't come back. Maybe they'll skip Foxes part of the opening sets and not delay the rest of the show?

7fd0dc8116a8c286e59031a6f3b0c177.jpg