✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

[2016-06] Chris Martin interview on le Republican

gai

155420072-fd482829-3d54-4488-ba46-558df4d8ab91.jpg&offset=0&relOffset=true&prevResizeDirective=crop

FASHION | INTERVIEW

Chris sings Color

CARLOTTA MAGNANINI

20 June 2016

It is a world that returns to bright hues, to Martin: after the divorce has found a new charge of optimism. And he made a hymn to music and life

The Man Who Fell to Earth to be Chris Martin.Are the same age, the Nicolas Roeg film and the leader of Coldplay, will inevitably say something. Perhaps because it takes a talented world of the other, to rise for 20 years on a stage holding millions of people with the nose in the air and feet on the ground so as to give the impression of being able to become friends with each other. personally also they say that Martin is one type at hand. And so easy enthusiasm and adolescent explosions remember former classmate. Only he is infinitely sexier. But rather than blond traits of Devon, the skater from the physical nervous, feline acrobatics on stage, "sexy" it is mainly because of the voice: live, has the same tone cavernous, crumpled and a bit 'nasal who he just got out of bed. If you listen with your eyes closed, in short, Chris Martin you imagine speaking to you from under the sheets. "Sorry we're late," she said to have moved to 45 (laughable) the minutes of the interview schedule. This confirms the second thing they say about him, that he has the habit - very British - often ask excuse. Even when it is not necessary: "Sorry, we just play it, this", comes out at the concerts when he believes that a song in the lineup has a little 'stew. "Sorry, I messed up the text», in Boston to have messed with Warning sign. And even when, precedes us with: "Write it: in Italy will come next summer, ', mo' preventive care is like he meant: sorry folks if this year we give you the hole. Then he hastens to add: "But playing in your country is so funny ... pure energy." He will be forgiven. The tour started in March 2016 in South America, continued in Europe in Nice, Barcelona and London (where it all started for Coldplay), and ends in September in Los Angeles. Martin There was prepared as were the Olympics: the race for breath, protein diet, for fun surfing and marathons motivational front of Rocky on TV. "It was my Rio in 2016," he joked but not too much. "Now I'm an old man, I should be more careful, to cut down on chocolate, going on a diet ... But then if I pass out on stage for the hungry?".Quest ' "old man", who in the career front leading grossed all possible awards - Grammy, MTV and Nbe - has just turned 39, "a useless number, 39 is an age of transition," he says. In fact, the celebrated in slippers, "I have been fortunate to enjoy a whole day my children, we listened to music, gave me the letters ...."The children Apple and Moses, 12 and 10 years, had with Gwyneth Paltrow. The house is to be $ 12 million that the couple had bought in Los Angeles two years and a half ago: six months before their epoch-making, media "conscious divorce". It was March 2014 and then, in the popular imagination, that conscious uncoupling threw an unprecedented molasses patina inevitable from War of the Roses scenario that regularly signs the end of each conjugal love. Not theirs, because ever since the outbreak of the couple more "pretty" the show has never had drop style. The merit is said to go to the work of Gwyneth psychotherapist Katherine Woodward Thomas, who coined the term then went viral.Despite diplomacy to candy performed before by actress Macrobiotics (from its house organ Goop.com) and then from the Uk musician ( "I had a wonderful divorce," he said recently to The Sunday Times), the separation has weighed a lot on the beautiful broad shoulders of Martin. Only recently he has begun to talk about it openly: "To address a wedding at the terminus there are two ways: the aggressive one of those who give all the blame to the partner and the introspective instead of who folds upon itself to give himself cleaned up and get back on feet. I chose the second. "More or less. In recent months there has been much gossip.

155620747-048759bb-0c9d-4da8-beec-9ec1ebcddc2d.jpg

And whole-girlfriends, rumors, paparazzi.Rumours about Alexa Chung and Kylie Minogue, much more than rumors about Jennifer Lawrence and Annabelle Wallis - it official by its participation in the song Up & Up (although the most malignant - or romantically devoted to the status quo - could think of operation misdirection, as even Paltrow sings in the album, but in Everglow, sealing due to the six tracks) away. However, the seventh album of Coldplay, the result of the introspective period, escape any doubt about the good emotional health of their leader: A head full of dreams, jumped on top of the iTunes charts in 90 countries, with the single Adventures of a Lifetime double platinum in Italy and the video Up & Up, it is a colorful riot of life. Between songs, a Hymn for the weekend, included among the "25 songs that tell us where he's going to the music," according to the New York Times. But the entire album reflects a state of optimistic expectation from the village Saturday, very different from the atmosphere of the previous Ghost Stories (released two months after the "conscious divorce"). The ghosts of Chris words have evaporated. He also argues in the books, "Rumi, the Persian poet of the thirteenth century, it has been my greatest source of inspiration, then the birds verb, the poem of Attar of Nishapur, where all the birds of the world gather to decide which of them will become the leader ... Extraordinarily present. "The attraction for the remote past of this extraterrestrial pop sinks in a degree in Ancient History at UCL. "My thesis ... ', recalls with a smile," it was titled Musical instruments in ancient Greece. " It should publish it, who knows a bang, with that name on the cover. He doubts it: "No editor would invest us a dime."Already in college, Martin trod the scenes at clubs, changing band formations (the Starfish were the most durable group) with songs like Ode to deodorant. Phil Harvey, creative director and "fifth member" of Coldplay (a bit 'the George Martin of the Beatles), was his friend since they were 13 years old. "Chris was a type geezer", he says of him, "known by all without being" Mr. Popularity. " It was sporty, fun, but also one that has never managed to hide a certain vulnerability. " How not to fall in love? Shortly suggestible, but a sponge in terms of suggestions, for the latter work Martin has not only inspired by the ancient Persians, "Nicholas Kristof with his book Half the Sky has opened my eyes to the plight of women in the world, and then John Steinbeck, Noel Gallagher, Beyoncé, producers Stargate .... " The human knowledge has enriched him not only as a musician, "I have learned that I am continuing to learn. Eventually, A head full of dreams is about acceptance: says to embrace who you are and look at the world with gratitude, even when things go wrong.We are not living a good time. They are dark years of terrorism, but there are also many good things, I think of the advances in medicine, the more awareness ... For this is also a message to myself, I said "Do not give in. '" Optimism may be a sugary thread, if only Martin is usually translate into concrete beneficial actions which reserves 10% of the gains (from Oxfam at Live 8, up to the commitment as artistic director of the Global Citizen Festival). Budget there. Coldplay, to taste the "new U2" or "new Radiohead", as well as being phenomena of ranking, are a machine for the business from $ 475 million, shared equally (none of the four earns more than the other). And a smart car, because they understood that the era of the stream there is only one way to see the rose: do concerts."That music has become a very strange world, where the music is not paid but listening more than ever. Everyone is wondering what will become the industry in 10 years, how will a young man to live there ... I think the answer lies in people: more and go to listen to live music. " In short, Martin does not fear the future. And even "be a Dad with a teenage daughter," she says veering unexpectedly on staff. "How am I ... The only way to survive adolescence of your kids think is helping them to distinguish right from wrong, giving them confidence, especially now that social networks have shrunk our protective sphere."Nor the restless have chosen to live in a country in which Donald Trump has so many supporters. 'Well', you Italians know well the embarrassment to show the unpresentable government leaders', it causes laughing. "I continue to be a fan of Barack." So as to have gotten the okay from the White House to enter one of Obama's speech in Kaleidoscope.Remaining optimistic: the next album who would prefer to sing, Hillary Clinton or Bernie Sanders? "We'll see who will be available." For now better to keep our feet on the ground, and a head full of dreams. The most important thing to achieve? "Um, that question," as if they never had they done. "I have to think".Then, I decided: "I wish the West could learn to better understand that all look alike to us and we are part of the same family." A hope both generic and peace & love to worry: that Chris Martin is in love? "Sure I am." Three seconds of silence and then, from under the sheets: "I am in love with life," and they mean it. If it ever really was Chris Martin fallen man on Earth, one thing is certain: then he got up, he looked after his wounds. It found that the beating caused him much good.

DATES IN1977 Chris Martin was born near Exeter, Devon, March 2. 1996-1998 With Jonny Buckland founded the band: Pectoralz. Two years later changed their name to Coldplay.2000-2002 The Yellow happened preceding the album Parachutes. A Rush of Bloof to the Head won a second Grammy. 2005-2008Third album, X & Y. Then with Viva la vida is a Brit Awards. 2011-2014 Mylo Xiloto and Ghost Stories. 2015 In December the album A head full of dreams.

Link

Translated by Google translate

• Like 3

I love how happy Chris is now despite the personal trauma he went through in the past few years. I remember when the news of his "conscious uncoupling" came out, and then the somber tone of Ghost Stories, where you could feel how sad he was during much of the time he wrote GS. I went to an MX concert in late 2012, and it was so sad to think back on that concert later on, knowing that his marriage was falling apart and he was in turmoil, even though he put on a happy face to make sure the show was still great for the fans. I respect and appreciate him so much for that. Now that he's picked himself up, dusted himself off, and is truly enjoying life again, I'm really looking forward to seeing them live again next month. I'll know then that his excitement and happiness on stage comes from a good place within, and not just making the best of it. He's an inspiration!

• Like 2

I love how happy Chris is now despite the personal trauma he went through in the past few years. I remember when the news of his "conscious uncoupling" came out, and then the somber tone of Ghost Stories, where you could feel how sad he was during much of the time he wrote GS. I went to an MX concert in late 2012, and it was so sad to think back on that concert later on, knowing that his marriage was falling apart and he was in turmoil, even though he put on a happy face to make sure the show was still great for the fans. I respect and appreciate him so much for that. Now that he's picked himself up, dusted himself off, and is truly enjoying life again, I'm really looking forward to seeing them live again next month. I'll know then that his excitement and happiness on stage comes from a good place within, and not just making the best of it. He's an inspiration!

I hope this too.

Everyone in the performing arts (and the other arts to a certain extent) is an actor though.

If he wasn't he wouldn't be able to perform at all! [emoji4]

I will have to listen to this with Gwyneth in mind.

This together but not together thing is a little too complex for my (actually, really) autistic mind to cope with [emoji1]

Don't worry, for me it's also hard to get my head around this whole relationship :D

• Like 2

I don't get everything perfectly cause the translation sometimes doesn't make sense, but I think it's a really good article.

I think Chris is really a great inspiration for all of us. He really helped me so much to see what is important in life and be happy most of the time.

Of course I don't know what exactly was going on in his life, but it is clear he had a hard time, but he picked himself up again and now seems to be happier than ever.

It really is the most awesome thing when you start to like a band for their music and then find that they are so nice people and (especially Chris) can help you so much in your own life with there attitude and idea of life and values.

I really love the sentence "Sure I'm in love, with life"[emoji173]

Hang on. Gwyneth is *on the album*? What?

:confused:

She's sings these "Heeeyeh" parts in Everglow

Actually, I don't think she sings those parts. :thinking: As far as I know, it's just the one line: "how come things move on, how come cars don't slow..." It's kinda quiet, but if you listen close you can hear her sing behind Chris's vocals

• Like 1

Actually, I don't think she sings those parts. :thinking: As far as I know, it's just the one line: "how come things move on, how come cars don't slow..." It's kinda quiet, but if you listen close you can hear her sing behind Chris's vocals

Well, computer can do anything ;) You mean this whisper? It's too quiet to recognize whose voice is that. I think it might be just echo.

Well, computer can do anything ;) You mean this whisper? It's too quiet to recognize whose voice is that. I think it might be just echo.

in the article in Q Magazine from November Chris talked about it:

"Martin got the concept from Paltrow, and she sings the lines that she originally said to him: 'How come things move on/How come cars don't slow'. 'She came up with the idea so I said, 'Is there any chance you'd sing that line cos it's your idea?' "

• Like 2

in the article in Q Magazine from November Chris talked about it:

"Martin got the concept from Paltrow, and she sings the lines that she originally said to him: 'How come things move on/How come cars don't slow'. 'She came up with the idea so I said, 'Is there any chance you'd sing that line cos it's your idea?' "

So you're right :)