✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

When Yellow was Released...

anthamic

Happy 16th birthday, Yellow! ☀️

I feel super old now!

**Thread Started by [uSER=101247]@diogo_sg[/uSER]** Moderator's note: Please ignore the posts that may seem out of order here haha! :laugh1:

Post by [uSER=101247]@diogo_sg[/uSER] :

Yellow. The song that started everything (kind of).

Here you just have to post what was going on or where you were or how old you were or something else that you can think of when Yellow was released in the year of 2000.

Have fun everyone!!

• Like 4

Guest diogo_sg
Yellow can't really be 16 years old... it's crazy, I was a 6 months old baby at that time!

When Yellow was released, I was yet to be born [emoji5]

We should create a new thread called "When Yellow was released..." ;)

Back in 2000 I was about to start elementary school and I was living in a different country... so my life has changed a lot since then.

• Like 1

Guest diogo_sg
We should create a new thread called "When Yellow was released..." ;)

Back in 2000 I was about to start elementary school and I was living in a different country... so my life has changed a lot since then.

We should totally do that!

If someone wants to create it, I can move all the posts about it here to the new thread

http://www.coldplaying.com/forum/index.php?threads/107319/ [emoji6]

I was 19/20 in 2000. I was in a bad relationship wishing my A levels were over (I was two years later than normal) and wanting to escape to uni in North Wales.

My parent divorced that year and my nan died.

I was so very glad to leave home in 2001.

I think I started liking them around this time but can't remember when I bought their album. I used to earn about £25 from my Sunday checkout job and was left with a tenner after paying my mum for food and it used to go on CDs. Garbage, Radiohead, Coldplay. Never any clothes or books. Just music. Oh, and Select magazine [emoji6]

• Like 3

Yellow can't really be 16 years old... it's crazy, I was a 6 months old baby at that time!

When Yellow was released, I was yet to be born [emoji5]

you guys are making me feel old and i'm only 23! :P

when Yellow was released i was a wee 8-year-old... well i guess i would have been 7 1/2 years old. so probably i was just doing a lot of nothing, playing some Gameboy and bossing around my sisters :charming:

i didn't hear Yellow for another two or three years, actually. and then i was like... who's this? :ears: and forgot about Coldplay after that until Speed of Sound's video came out :P

• Like 4

With the fear of revealing my age (and I'm not old but you're making me feel like that lol) I was in elementary school making a teacher feel bad. It wasn't my fault, I just went to her desk to see my grades before the official ceremony. I just heard someone said "look here you can see your grades" and I stood up and walked directly to the desk and I saw my grades. A classmate who failed told the teacher what we did but she said I was the first one to see the papers and that wasn't true, another classmate was. So, I was there crying because my favorite teacher was scolding me :'(

So, there you have my sad story

• Like 2

I was a little one year old:braces:. I used to hear it a lot when I was a kid though and I remember always hearing it on the radio as I went to sleep at night. Brings back memories whenever I hear it.

• Like 5

I was in elementary school at that time,but I didn't hear Yellow when it was released. First I heard In My Place and then I started researching Coldplay. I was in a highschool when I discovered them. Since then I moved away from home because of college,I started doing sports and dancing, changed several jobs,I got married,well a lot of things...but always with Coldplay around me :arobtth::ghoststories::gs::mx::viva::parachutes::x&y:

• Like 6

• 2 months later...

I was a freshman in high school and my first time hearing Yellow was actually through the music video. I was in my room one night and I had MTV2 on in the background. When the video came on and I heard the opening chords, I immediately fell in love with the band and went out and bought Parachutes as soon as I could. Yellow is still my favorite Coldplay song and video to this day :-)

All you guys who said you feel old, this'll help you....I was about 27 then, four years out of college and two years married. I was really into Bush then and harder rock music so I never really heard CP on the radio or knew much about them. Didn't catch the CP bug until about 4 years ago when my usual rock station played Viva and I never looked back. Yellow only sounded a little familiar the first time I paid attention to it then.

• Like 4

I was 18 and had just graduated from high school. I'm not sure exactly when the first time I heard it was, but I know it was before August when I went off to the my first year of college. I have a memory of hearing it while driving through this particular intersection and thinking how much I liked it, but don't remember much else. When I got to college that August my roommate, whom I'd just met, put on Parachutes and I recognized Yellow, she sent me some of the songs and that was the start of it all. It's hard to remember a lot from back then, I was just a different person, but I remember the feeling of listening to Coldplay, and that part still feels exactly the same.

• Like 1