✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

US Tour 2017?

asrons333

Sorry if someone already asked this somewhere but I'm new around here...

Anyone know if they are swinging back through the US in 2017? I'm from the midwest and missed St Louis, Indianapolis, and Chicago due to my schedule. I'm heartbroken but hoping for a second chance next year. I know for MX they did a few US shows then did their main US leg in year two. Maybe this time it is in reverse?

Anyway if someone knows something before 2017 dates are announced I would really appreciate it. I have never seen them and did not learn that this may be the end until after I missed the midwest shows.... so there is a sense of urgency but I am in no position to be flying to the west coast.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Shall we start the pondering of dates and cities now? :bomb::dance::drummer:

For MX they hit major US cities in yr 1 then did an extended leg in yr 2. This yr they just did an extended US leg so my guess is NY LA Chicago next year. Sort of reverse from MX. But I would love them back in St Louis.

Just off the top of my head, here are some cities that didn't get hit in 2016 that are likely to be in 2017. I'm not saying ALL these cities will get shows, but they do have proper venues and have not yet been played.

Vancouver

Edmonton

Calgary

Winnipeg

Toronto

Ottawa

Montreal

Quebec City

Seattle

Portland

Sacramento (opening a brand new arena next year)

San Diego

Houston

Austin / San Antonio

Nashville

Atlanta

Miami

Tampa

Charlotte / Raleigh

Washington D.C.

Hartford, CT

NYC area (probably arenas)

Albany

Cleveland

Cincinnati

Kansas City

Omaha / Lincoln / Des Moines

Minneapolis

Milwaukee

• Like 3

We are getting a new Nassau Coliseum on Long Island, supposed to open up March 2017, the acoustics were horrible and power outages happened all the time there. They actually are offering helicopter service from NYC to the Coliseum for the artists performing.

If they only hit the big cities on the second go around this tour, that would be a shame! The big cities always get shows. Even one off or special shows. I really hope they will play cities they didn't play this year. Fingers crossed for Seattle!

• Like 1

I think we can almost guarantee that there will be Canadian shows next time around. I could see them maybe playing in Seattle, Minneapolis, and Atlanta, as well as the usual Los Angeles and New York-area venues.

I really hope I can see them over spring break or during the summer... even if they don't return to Denver which is the nearest AHFOD tour city to where I live, it would be nice to see them somewhere like Las Vegas or Kansas City that isn't too far from home.

Having just seen Paul McCartney at Busch Stadium in St Louis that would be a cool venue if they come back there. Chicago deserves another show with the rain issue.

As for new locations on that list Milwaukee or Kansas City would be in range for me. Big shows used to come through my home town but not so much anymore...

• Like 1

Hoping for a setlist shakeup next year.

Guarantee we see DC, Atlanta, Florida, Texas, Portland, Seattle, Minneapolis, and various Canadian cities.

Oh, and then NYC, Chicago, and LA again. Arenas, I bet.

We may see the Carolinas or maybe Nashville. Maybe. Or Boston proper (TD Garden).

• Like 2

I like this set list. Though I want to see Speed of Sound. It was the first song of theirs that I heard. Then I went back and got their older stuff and have been a fan since. Not my top favorite song but it is special because of that.

• Like 1

Right on! Nice to see some baseball fans here. :drinking: You a Cardinals fan, I assume?

Yep.

Meanwhile last show of the official us tour tonight other than the Philly music fest.. I will be trying to watch on periscope. Hope we hear about next year soon.

I am keeping my fingers crossed for more shows in 2017! Gonna start putting money away for tickets!!

Sent from my SM-G920V using Coldplaying mobile app

Me too! I only got to see them once this year so I'm really hoping I can see them again next year. Even if they don't come to my home city of Denver again (where I missed them this year), I am open to driving somewhere a day or two away like Kansas City. Hopefully they will have reworked the setlist a bit, just to keep things fresh. And who knows, what if they release an EP before then and we get a few brand new songs in the set?