✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

How Was Your Coldplay Moment Today?

Athena Pedroza

Hello to all the Colplayers across the globe. How was your Coldplay moment today? :nice:

Here, let me start with mine..

My morning went off to a bad start. I was already riding the van heading to school when I found out that I LEFT MY EARPHONES :bomb: :bomb:and I was just so sad (I wasn’t just sad, I was more than sad, I felt miserable for an hour on my way to school as I never leave my house without my earphones with me! and also the fact that I couldn’t play my morning Coldplay playlist and you know earphones + all the Coldplay songs are my way of escape from everything that has got to do with College!). But anyway, life goes on and like what Chris Martin said “everything that’s happening to you, is what’s supposed to be happening to you. So just relax”. But..:cry::bigcry: Okay Chris, with that in mind, I told myself, I’m gonna slowly let this small problem pass. Slowly. Let. This. Small. Problem. Pass.:\

After enduring an hour without Coldplay music playing in my ears, I finally arrived at school. Inside the university I had to take another ride (we have this mini van inside and we call it ‘shuttle’) to get to my department for my first class. The queue to get into the shuttle was long and I started hearing a very familiar music. It was so pleasing to my ears.:omgomg: :omgomg: :omgomg: O. M. G. IT WAS THE SCIENTIST PLAYING OVER THE EXTERNAL SPEAKERS FROM THE SHUTTLE. I JUST WENT FROM UNHAPPY TO EXTREEEMELY HAPPY BEE INSTANLY! AND I WAS LIKE (OH FORGET THE EARPHONES!):lol::lol::lol: I was so happy because I rarely ever hear Coldplay songs around inside my university. (Tons of people here like The Chainsmokers, and other EDMs AND Maroon 5). So anyways, I was really enjoying the ride already because The Scientist was on. When we were near to approaching my destination, FIX YOU WAS PLAYED NEXT :omgomg: (MY GOOD LORD, YOU ARE SO KIND AND EVERYTHING!) AND IT’S MY ANTHEM! (MY HEART JUST MELTED MANY TIMES) and at that point I wish to not get off the shuttle yet because I want to finish the song but I had no choice. I just can't get enough of them. Well, now there's no need to feel sad about because at least I heard 2 Coldplay songs played publicly before I started my daily hectic College routine:sweatdrop::laugh4:. And also before I got off, I asked the shuttle driver if by any chance he’s a Coldplay fan because he just played some of the classic Coldplay songs right there! and he just answered to me directly “yes ma’am” and we exchanged that coldplay-admiration-smile haha! At first I was hesitant to ask him, I don’t know where I got the courage to really poke him and ask him:laugh3:. So yeah guys haha that was just it, I’m sorry for the long story. I hope you enjoyed reading it as I did typing it.

I’m extremely glad that I became a huge Coldplay fan. Whenever I hear their songs most especially in public places (as they’re not really that famous here, sadly) it just lifts my mood up in an instant. I know I've had a lot of Coldplay moments but this one i really did not expect (arriving at the university without my earphones with me and later on ABSOLUTELY NOT KNOWING the first thing that I would hear would already be my favourite band ever on the loud speakers from one of our shuttles) :happy2:. Well Coldplay really put my life in Technicolor!

So really, how was my Coldplay moment today? IT WAS JUST DEFINITELY INDESCRIBABLE :heart: :D:dance::dazzled::loveshower::drummer::bliss:

• Like 7

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That was awesome! Still waiting for my Coldplay moment today :laugh1:

A fun story :)

I too must wait for my first Coldplay moment today, unfortunately :cry: I think I will put Talk on my speakers after quite a long time not hearing it!

That is epic.

Thank you haha. when i heard those 2 songs i was just silent all the time but my entire mind, heart, body and soul weren't. Gosh.

• Like 2

i posted this in random coldplay thoughts thread but im so happy I'll post it here too :D

while watching the news today out of nowhere intro of LIFE IN TECHNICOLOR ii started playing and i flipped out even though it was only a 5 second intro XD you have to understand that you don't expect to casually hear coldplay in my country, thus my excitement :p

• Like 3

i posted this in random coldplay thoughts thread but im so happy I'll post it here too :D

while watching the news today out of nowhere intro of LIFE IN TECHNICOLOR ii started playing and i flipped out even though it was only a 5 second intro XD you have to understand that you don't expect to casually hear coldplay in my country, thus my excitement :p

LiT ii is rare anywhere. :D

• Like 3

thanks for sharing! yes and i do know the feeling. i don't casually hear Coldplay songs here either

EDITED

• Like 2

I had a pretty awesome Coldplay moment on my French classes. We introduced ourselves to practice our speaking skills. We've done that before but this time we talked about more specific things. Then, we had the opportunity to ask to three of our classmates a question to know more about their answers. My obvious question was to know who their favorite band was to the ones who said they like rock music. Someone said the1975 and I was like ok that's not the answer I was waiting but that was good. Then someone asked me who my favorite band was. Of course I said Coldplay and his reaction was to ask for a fist bump, I was kind of shocked and I said" what?" and he said "you are on my team" that's when I realised he is also a coldplayer. He asked me what my favorite song was and I just said "I love all their songs". Then he mentioned if I went to their concerts because he couldn’t go. I couldn't asked more because I didn’t know how to react, I didn't expect to meet a coldplayer among a few people and because the teacher was asking us to keep asking to other classmates. Also, I discovered there is an oasis fan who told me the documentary that Matt Whitecross directed will be streamed on a cinema near the place I live. She invited me but sadly I won't be able to go. Then she told me she hasn't listened to Coldplay because according to her they're too pop for her musical taste. But, my love for this band led me to suggest her to listen to Politik as I believe this is the side of the band she might enjoy. Hopefully, she'll join the oldplayers team and that'd count for me as a proud coldplayer.

That’s my Coldplay moment today :)

• Like 6

I just had mine a few hours ago! So I was at school, and I was pretty unhappy for some reason and I don't know why. As I was taking the shuttle to my first class, which was on the other side of campus, I noticed that a Coldplay song was playing inside the shuttle. It was Birds! I don't think I have ever heard that song outside of my life other than the 3 Coldplay concerts I went to over the summer. So I was finished with all my classes for the day at around 1pm, so I headed back to my dorm to study. I walked into the dorm, and I heard Coldplay coming from the speakers (we have a few Sonos speakers set up in there) apparently on shuffle. I see that someone (most likely my roommate, because who else would be in there) polished my AHFOD poster, which is framed above my bed.

No idea why any of this happened, but I am now happy as I am listening to my favorite band in the world as I type this.

So that's your random Coldplay moment for the day.

• Like 3

I wasn't online for a few days here because of so many school activities to attend to. Reading your posts about your coldplay moments seems to take my stress away :happy2: . Tomorrow's going to be our Departmental exam and right now im just listening to the album mylo xyloto before i go to bed. wish me luck!

• Like 2

I wasn't online for a few days here because of so many school activities to attend to. Reading your posts about your coldplay moments seems to take my stress away :happy2: . Tomorrow's going to be our Departmental exam and right now im just listening to the album mylo xyloto before i go to bed. wish me luck!

Good luck!!! May the Coldplay force be with you!!!

• Like 1

I love that album, I do keep it for special occasions but for me more often when something really good is coming up :D

• Like 2

Now I'm not sure what thread this was originally in so I'll just post it here. Remember when that one person said that in their shuffle playlist they had one album song play right after the other in the order they should be? And I said that brevet happened to me but I wish it would? Well last night I got what I wanted!! Well, kind of. Last night we were getting food, we were in the truck playing my music. Midnight played which was epic as always then Another's Arms came on. It went over my head initially but a minute in I realized that's the track that follows Midnight in Ghost Stories! I did get excited. Because it was out of all the 800+ songs I have on my phone.. What are the chances of that happening?! Obviously not very high since I've had an extensive amount of songs for over a year now and this is the first time I've at least realized it's happened. (I guess you could say that, because even here it took me a minute and I wouldn't doubt the possibility of this not being the first time it's happened to me but it just went over my head the other few times.) Now here's the catch; it wasn't the normal version of Another's Arms, it was the extended version by @SprayCanSoulGuy. And I know on his album remake Ghost Story precedes Another's Arms, not Midnight. Oh well, close enough. Am satisfied :D

• Like 2

Now I'm not sure what thread this was originally in so I'll just post it here. Remember when that one person said that in their shuffle playlist they had one album song play right after the other in the order they should be? And I said that brevet happened to me but I wish it would? Well last night I got what I wanted!! Well, kind of. Last night we were getting food, we were in the truck playing my music. Midnight played which was epic as always then Another's Arms came on. It went over my head initially but a minute in I realized that's the track that follows Midnight in Ghost Stories! I did get excited. Because it was out of all the 800+ songs I have on my phone.. What are the chances of that happening?! Obviously not very high since I've had an extensive amount of songs for over a year now and this is the first time I've at least realized it's happened. (I guess you could say that, because even here it took me a minute and I wouldn't doubt the possibility of this not being the first time it's happened to me but it just went over my head the other few times.) Now here's the catch; it wasn't the normal version of Another's Arms, it was the extended version by @SprayCanSoulGuy. And I know on his album remake Ghost Story precedes Another's Arms, not Midnight. Oh well, close enough. Am satisfied :D

That reminded me of something similar. In one year of listening, once, on Spotify shuffle, two songs followed each other (i am not sure any more which songs exactly, I think from AROBTTH ?).

And then there eas of course the moment in MetLife Stadium when In My Place was followed by GPASUYF, which was awesome too ! I immediately thought 'wow, two consecutive songs of the album' !

• Like 2

That's awesome! Well currently, I only have very few songs from different artists on my phone. Most songs saved on my phone are from Coldplay so you can actually guess my chances of having Coldplay songs play right after the other in the right order :lol::happy2:

• Like 1

That's awesome! Well currently, I only have very few songs from different artists on my phone. Most songs saved on my phone are from Coldplay so you can actually guess my chances of having Coldplay songs play right after the other in the right order :lol::happy2:

Oh, were you the other person to have the songs play in the right order? :) Yeah, my chances were higher in the past as once my library was like half Coldplay but now i wouldn't even say it comprises a quarter of what is on my phone so yeah...

Earlier this morning, went into this coffee shop alone and after a while Christmas light was played. So much feels. Never thought of hearing yet another rare Coldplay song here.

Cool, that one is very rare and especially when it isn't even Christmas! :D you know that song is good when it's getting played outside of Christmastime. Whoever plays the music there must be a big Coldplay fan. :D

• Like 1