✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

[2017-08-17] Soldier Field, Chicago, IL

AMDB9

Provided everything works out with GC, I will have a section 219 ticket available for sale. Sorry, but it is a single ticket. I should know very soon.

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk

Do you know where your seat will be yet with GC? That's awesome if you get an even better seat with them!!!

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just bought my ticket and flight last week, coming in all the way from Texas! :) I'll be attending the Houston show too, but with a floor seat. I tried to get some for Kansas City as well, since I saw them in STL and Dallas last year, but it was just way too out of my price range for both flight and ticket. :(

In any case, depending on the forecasted weather, and considering last year was pouring rain, I will most likely be going in my Hymn For The Weekend outfit (as shown in my avatar), and I'm excited to meet other Coldplayers! If we decide to have a meet-up, I'm game! Any tips for an out-of-stater like parking and whatnot are greatly appreciated.

Any tips for an out-of-stater like parking and whatnot are greatly appreciated.

If you don't mind spending about $50 on parking, I recommend the Waldron Parking lot just south of the stadium. You can reserve a space online ahead of time so there's no worry about it filling up before you get there. It's also closest to where you enter the stadium. Just a couple minute walk from the gates.

http://www.soldierfieldparking.com

If you don't mind spending about $50 on parking, I recommend the Waldron Parking lot just south of the stadium. You can reserve a space online ahead of time so there's no worry about it filling up before you get there. It's also closest to where you enter the stadium. Just a couple minute walk from the gates.

http://www.soldierfieldparking.com

YIKES! For $50, I kinda do mind. The most we ever pay for immediate lot concert parking at (NFL) stadiums here in Texas is $20-30, and same for when I lived in Missouri and went to events there. I believe I tried that link a while back (I'm on mobile right now so I can't check), but it didn't yield any results in my desired range. Oh well. :/ I guess I'll try parking within a 5 mile radius and just ridesharing nearby...

Yeah, it's a really pricy option. It worked well for me last year in the pouring rain with a little one in tow, but if it hadn't been for that I might have regretted spending that much. I'm taking a train in this time so no parking needed.

I've seen other websites where you can reserve parking spaces around the city but I don't know how reputable they are. Maybe check out reviews. Good luck in researching your options!!

Just bought my ticket and flight last week, coming in all the way from Texas! :) I'll be attending the Houston show too, but with a floor seat. I tried to get some for Kansas City as well, since I saw them in STL and Dallas last year, but it was just way too out of my price range for both flight and ticket. :(

In any case, depending on the forecasted weather, and considering last year was pouring rain, I will most likely be going in my Hymn For The Weekend outfit (as shown in my avatar), and I'm excited to meet other Coldplayers! If we decide to have a meet-up, I'm game! Any tips for an out-of-stater like parking and whatnot are greatly appreciated.

Definitely meet up! You will find me around with Global Citizen. I dont yet know where my seat will be, but am tak8ng a chance and selling my ticket for the money! We need it!! I will sell at Face value.

Definitely meet up! You will find me around with Global Citizen. I dont yet know where my seat will be, but am tak8ng a chance and selling my ticket for the money! We need it!! I will sell at Face value.

Congrats on getting a volunteer position with GC, Iamsue ! How are you and how is your health ? Have things gotten better ? :)

Any details on the proposed meetup to get the ball rolling? The days are ticking away for the show. :p

I would park farther away and take the L train. But be careful. I will research options tol and let you know.

I think I'm going to forego any public transportation this round because me being a mid 20s small woman that gets passed off as a 15 year old, in an unfamiliar city (especially in a "weird" outfit) is kind of a big red flag target to some pretty nefarious individuals on trains/busses. I've got a rental car already reserved, so it's just the issue of finding adequately priced parking that isn't a mile or more walk, but if it comes to that, I'll just uberpool/lyft line or pedicab (if y'all have that there).

• Like 1

Still won't know my seat probably till that night. If I don't sell my ticket it's section 219. Will let you know when we meet up. I will be working from 4pm till through the opening acts, I believe. Awaiting final details. @ira will PM you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Hi everyone,

I am going to the show on 17th. is the area around soldier field super busy an hour or 2 before gates open at 5?. I assume it is but I am just confirming....

UGh I have class in the morning at 8, with a presentation so I can't skip but fortunately I can present early and leave early. It will take about 4 hour drive to get to Chicago since I live in a suburb of Detroit (SE Michigan). Thinking if I leave at 11:30am/12pm going at a reasonable speed, I can make it there around 3/4pm with the time change?.

Hi everyone,

I am going to the show on 17th. is the area around soldier field super busy an hour or 2 before gates open at 5?. I assume it is but I am just confirming....

UGh I have class in the morning at 8, with a presentation so I can't skip but fortunately I can present early and leave early. It will take about 4 hour drive to get to Chicago since I live in a suburb of Detroit (SE Michigan). Thinking if I leave at 11:30am/12pm going at a reasonable speed, I can make it there around 3/4pm with the time change?.

Hi, Coldplay13,

Your guess would be right. I just came back from a trip to South Haven and Saugatuck/ Douglas last week. We left around 11am and got back to the southern suburbs around 3 or 3:30. Traffic from I-55 to the Dan Ryan can get quite dicy from then on. I would think if you got to the Dan Ryan (94 E I think it is there), by 3 you would be fine. My suggestion is to find a restaurant near Soldier Field (anyone?) and get a bite to eat to kill time until closer to 5. Depending where you park, you should have time.

I am still planning where to park and whether to take public transportation. I am hoping @brobbins can offer clearer insight, as I think she comes in from Indiana and also goes through there.

Hi everyone,

Yep you should be fine with that plan. I live in SW Michigan, north of South Bend, and when I drove there last year for the Sunday show I mostly took the 80/90 toll road into Chicago through the Skyway. Soldier Field is surprisingly far south of all the Chicago Loop craziness and you'll reach it before you think. I did it in well under 2 hours. Of course with that being Sunday afternoon it might have been less busy, but on a week day going towards the city in late afternoon/evening it shouldn't be bad either. The rush hour traffic should be leaving the city going south.

One thing we did on accident that I don't recommend is stopping for food and restrooms off the highway just a few miles south of the stadium. Holy scary area of town, no offense to any south-siders reading this. We should have stopped much sooner somewhere further out in the country. But like I said, it can sneak up on you quickly.

This time I'm taking the Southshore train in from South Bend, which will take us just north of the stadium closer to the museums. This is what I did for the Saturday show last year, and walked to the stadium. There's some restaurants around there along S. Michigan Ave. about 15 to 20 minute walks to the staduim. I need to research the area again and remind myself what's there. Last year I passed a bunch of nice looking places on my walk to the stadium and ended up eating at a very small Dunkin Donuts when I ran out of better choices. By then I was hot and tired and didn't want to backtrack.

All: I am volunteering, as I've said here. Well, I've gotten myself into a mess because I bought a parking spot on StubHub at 2138 S. Indiana Ave. Problem is, it is for parking after 6pm (darn doing things in a hurry!) and I have to be in the lot no later than 3. I'll sell it for half price. At $20 that's a bargain! I looked it up on Google Maps and believe it should be a good neighborhood, just west of McCormick Place by a couple blocks. To walk to SF, it is 1.6 mi. but you can also take public transportation. If interested, please PM me, before my husband kills me for spending $40 on a spot I can't use! I need to live until Thursday night!!

• Like 1