✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

[2017-08-17] Soldier Field, Chicago, IL

AMDB9

What lovely pictures ! Hope you had an amazing time despite there being rain again as I heard ! :)

Luckily the rain was nowhere near as bad as last time. More like a teaser to make us all worry but then it stopped after a couple minutes. And according to the weather app on my phone there was a 0% chance of rain all night. Guess the app didn't realize there was a Coldplay concert going on or it would have upped the prediction!!

• Like 2

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You were so sweet to find me!! Your daughter is beyond adorable!! You can't see the back of her shirt here-it said "Next-gen Coldplayer"! @brobbins you did an unbelievable job making these shirts!!!! Great meeting you guys-definite highlight of the night!

Awww thank you!!! And thank you once again for giving my daughter your cross-stitch tour balloon necklace. You did a beautiful job making that too! It will have pride of place among our CP memorabilia at home. :)

• Like 1

BTW @iamsue where did you end up sitting?

We got nosebleed seats in level 4 back corner. It was a great view but way too scary up there for us. Our fellow volunteer said he was on Level 2 and there were open seats next to him, so we wound up just left of stage facing it and under an overhang...stayed dry. We were on 2 for 2/3 of the show I think. I was deliriously tired by then!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

SophiaM, your Periscopes are amazing!! I think during Magic is when we moved. We were on your side, but Level 2 last row under the overhang directly behind Chris. Boy in your broadcast you really see the rain. Did you catch what Chris said about the rain? All of his talking was muffled to me. You had seats I would have dreamed of!!

• Like 1

After five years of trying, Thursday marked the first time I was able to see Coldplay twice on the same tour. Last year in St. Louis was the first - and I'll never forget it - but Chicago's open-air experience completely and utterly changed my perspective of the tour. I was sitting near the back-left of the field, and our view was considerably better than what I was expecting. My girlfriend had never seen them before, which meant I was trying to 'show off' them to her (even though she likes them a lot already). For the most part, my section was pretty mild and not doing much more than standing on the chairs, but at some point, everyone spilled out into the open areas and it turned into an amazingly cool little dance party.

Now, mind you, I have had to make myself stop following the setlist (even though I know what'll be played), which meant I was trying to pinpoint exactly where the band would be for the C-stage. I vividly remember the C-stage being in the lower stands in St. Louis, and I knew they followed the same rule for most of the arena shows, but I wasn't thinking in a 'stadium mentality.' So, I'm running all over the field with my girlfriend saying, "THEY'RE TOTALLY GONNA BE RIGHT HERE! Just wait until you hear everyone scream and that's where they are!" Well, me being me, I hear the crowd behind us yelling and think, "Oh, they must be running around the crowd!" Nope. Instead, they were two sections over from my seats. We immediately ran back to the area everyone was crowded around in and we fought our way in to see them up close and fucking personal. The band was probably no more than 20 feet in front of us. Sure, In My Place is tired, but I didn't care at that point. I just stood there in awe and sang along. At some point some girl tried to stand on top of a chair directly in front of my girlfriend, so she goes, "UM, NO." and said girl looks at her all sorry-like, apologizes and moves over a bit.

I'm so damn glad they played GPASUYF over Birds (even though it's in my Top 10 Coldplay songs), and I'll be the first to confess SJLT is considerably more enjoyable when you're seeing it in-person. The open-space-turned-dancefloor only grew as the night went on, despite the small amount of rain. One of my favorite moments was when Chris restarted Charlie Brown and told everyone to put their phones down and just focus on the show for one song. People went wild. The same happened with the abundance of messages for unity, love, and peace throughout the show. I think he speaks for most everyone when he talked about Charlottesville and Barcelona and all the chaos in the world. I don't know how they do it, but Coldplay manages to pull everyone in even if just for a few hours. It's really something special.

Let us know how you are. Hope you still enjoyed it! Where were you sitting! Hope you didn't get wet.

I'm sorry! I just saw this. We were in D5 on the field. Great view!

• Like 3

Lucky to see this tour at Soldier Field for a third time. Thank you to the band for broadcasting this one. Links are good for a week. Enjoy!

FLAC: https://we.tl/gAhH8TOv77

MP3: https://we.tl/QHlPTXi9US

Coldplay

August 17, 2017

Soldier Field; Chicago, IL

Lineage: Samsung VR Live Webcast>Batch script (*.ts segments)>TSSplitter (join)> Uncompressed.ts

Uploader: jerpaa

Audio Transfer: lowlight10

Lineage: .ts file>CyberLink Wave Editor 2>Audacity>FLAC/MP3

01 -intro- ("O Mio Babbino Caro")

02 A Head Full of Dreams

03 Yellow

04 Every Teardrop is a Waterfall

05 The Scientist

06 God Put a Smile Upon Your Face

07 Paradise (Tiësto Remix outro)

08 Always in My Head

09 Magic

10 -Chris speak-

11 Everglow

12 Clocks

13 Midnight

14 Charlie Brown (false start)

15 Charlie Brown

16 Hymn for the Weekend

17 Fix You

18 Viva la Vida

19 Adventure of a Lifetime / All Night (Chance)

20 -encore- ("Kaleidoscope")

21 In My Place

22 -band intros-

23 Don't Panic (Will on vox)

24 -request video-

25 Us Against the World

26 Something Just Like This

27 A Sky Full of Stars

28 Up&Up

Notes: Resampled to 44.1KHz.

• Like 3

@lowlight10 can the mp3 download be viewed without the Samsung VR like a regular video? I was lucky to be at this concert too but some of my friends will love to watch this if they can. Or is that just an audio file? I think I just remembered what an mp3 is vs. mp4. I'm technologically challenged. LOL. Thanks!!!!!!

@lowlight10 can the mp3 download be viewed without the Samsung VR like a regular video? I was lucky to be at this concert too but some of my friends will love to watch this if they can. Or is that just an audio file? I think I just remembered what an mp3 is vs. mp4. I'm technologically challenged. LOL. Thanks!!!!!!

This is just the audio extracted from the video capture. The full video is up on dime but is 11GB and you need Samsung VR to watch it properly. It can be played on other software but looks odd.

This is just the audio extracted from the video capture. The full video is up on dime but is 11GB and you need Samsung VR to watch it properly. It can be played on other software but looks odd.

Can you give link to this video? I'd like to download it for future use if I ever get a VR gear.

This may sound stupid, but how do I download from there? I have BitTorrent and have made an account, but I don not see the link anywhere.

EDIT:

So according to this:

http://wiki.dimeadozen.org/index.php/DimeFAQ:Frequently_Asked_Questions#Why_am_I_not_able_to_get_dot-torrent_files_and_join_torrents_here.3F_Or_I_can_do_that.2C_but_why_am_I_not_authorized_to_post_my_own_torrents_onto_DIME.3F

You have to e-mail and ask for an account upgrade.

SophiaM, your Periscopes are amazing!! I think during Magic is when we moved. We were on your side, but Level 2 last row under the overhang directly behind Chris. Boy in your broadcast you really see the rain. Did you catch what Chris said about the rain? All of his talking was muffled to me. You had seats I would have dreamed of!!

Thanks, Sue! Sorry I missed you, I was looking for the booth but I couldn't find it! Soldier Field is huge! During Everglow, Chris was basically talking about how out of all of the concerts they have, it only rains in Chicago! He also had his speech about how we should all send and spread love to other places around the world like Charlottesville, Barcelona, Venezuela, etc. I thought the stream was better quality but I guess not. Some of the videos I shared on my twitter (@squirly7) were better quality but I'll make sure to post more in the coming days!

• Like 1

This may sound stupid, but how do I download from there? I have BitTorrent and have made an account, but I don not see the link anywhere.

EDIT:

So according to this:

http://wiki.dimeadozen.org/index.php/DimeFAQ:Frequently_Asked_Questions#Why_am_I_not_able_to_get_dot-torrent_files_and_join_torrents_here.3F_Or_I_can_do_that.2C_but_why_am_I_not_authorized_to_post_my_own_torrents_onto_DIME.3F

You have to e-mail and ask for an account upgrade.

I got stuck on that point too. [emoji53]

Yep you should be fine with that plan. I live in SW Michigan, north of South Bend, and when I drove there last year for the Sunday show I mostly took the 80/90 toll road into Chicago through the Skyway. Soldier Field is surprisingly far south of all the Chicago Loop craziness and you'll reach it before you think. I did it in well under 2 hours. Of course with that being Sunday afternoon it might have been less busy, but on a week day going towards the city in late afternoon/evening it shouldn't be bad either. The rush hour traffic should be leaving the city going south.

One thing we did on accident that I don't recommend is stopping for food and restrooms off the highway just a few miles south of the stadium. Holy scary area of town, no offense to any south-siders reading this. We should have stopped much sooner somewhere further out in the country. But like I said, it can sneak up on you quickly.

This time I'm taking the Southshore train in from South Bend, which will take us just north of the stadium closer to the museums. This is what I did for the Saturday show last year, and walked to the stadium. There's some restaurants around there along S. Michigan Ave. about 15 to 20 minute walks to the staduim. I need to research the area again and remind myself what's there. Last year I passed a bunch of nice looking places on my walk to the stadium and ended up eating at a very small Dunkin Donuts when I ran out of better choices. By then I was hot and tired and didn't want to backtrack.

Hi! I just saw this. Thanks for the reply. We ended up leaving at noon and then getting to Chicago by 5pm. Traffic wasn't too bad. Fortunately we booked a hotel right by grant park and there was a parking lot right across from the hotel. Also a walkable distance to the stadium. I agree with you.

The south side didn't seem to good. Good thing my cousin warned me about it. We stopped for food and rest room in indiana and then just straight shot to Chicago. Good city, I just wish I was there for more than 1 night. Went home the day after the concert.

Did you enjoy the concert ? :) it was amazing!

• Like 1

Well that was worth waiting a year. Anyone who talked to me last summer remembers I missed St Louis because I was busy. I was scared I missed a last shot to see them. So glad I got to go. One of the best nights of my life. Thanks to everyone who helped me get information over the last year. It was great and I look forward to talking here more!

Sent from my SCH-I435 using Coldplaying mobile app

• Like 1

Did you enjoy the concert ? :) it was amazing!

Oh yes!!! We stayed at a hotel near Grant Park too, the Best Western. It was literally only a few minute walk from the train station! I'll definitely stay there again if we come into the city for museum stuff or soldier field. We had fun taking one of those pedicab/rickshaw things from the hotel to the stadium. The guy saw our CP shirts and played HFTW really loud while we road past all the walkers! Loved that!!

• Like 1

You got the music on your rickshaw ride! We didn't and I heard it on others. Cool ride though. I was parked at a hotel lot right across Grant Park too, off of MI and a block from Balbo. Valet, was great. Got my car in like a second. I am going through my videos. A few are good, but most were either in a bad place to get good shots of the screens or under the overhang on Level 2, which blocked the pyro view and was just to the stage side so, again, bad screen views. Anything worth posting, I'll share here and in the gallery.

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk

@brobbins Who knows? we might have passed each other! My cousin went with me to the concert & we saw the rickshaw drivers passing us. One even asked us if we wanted to ride but we didn't. How much was the rate? now I'm thinking I should have! Gotta try new things lol but anyways it was amazing hearing Coldplay blaring on the street. Yup, Coldplay fans descend upon the Windy City.

@iamsue LOL I promised myself that I wouldn't take so much videos on this concert, since I attended one already. I couldn't help myself lol! I was too excited and the visually pleasing to not take pics. Although, my videos are bad. I blindly covered the mic. New phone so I'm not used to the mic placement. So I get cracking audio (ugh). I can't wait to see your pics! I'll try to share mine as well when I have time.

I think it's safe to say that was one of the best concerts...ever! I'm so grateful for my seats and for the unforgettable experience Coldplay gave me (two years in a row)! I'm so happy that Coldplay has brought so many people together through their amazing and inspiring music and message! Here are some photos from the best night of my life (my videos won't upload for some reason):

1240381356_Coldplay10.thumb.PNG.38558d96b3824ec0058b7a7b3ff27e21.PNG

1446165136_Coldplay1.thumb.JPG.795310fa70e94c3fd695c66f5c24cff1.JPG

1977071516_Coldplay2.thumb.JPG.7fb6780b1eff73e13e202ab7b9c35fae.JPG

1910312837_Coldplay5.thumb.PNG.1dc07290acc028edceb57a9018a7520a.PNG

147184652_Coldplay3.thumb.JPG.d1851b9af8d6b04893786c610e3d3baa.JPG

169235459_Coldplay6.thumb.PNG.9181450e55f00c71935b860164e785ec.PNG

1336711132_Coldplay7.thumb.PNG.e535a6bd2f26f89a4f1691aba3e6dd27.PNG

1425836836_Coldplay8.thumb.PNG.1b0c73475d4500857e4751bdc1b88865.PNG

748535392_Coldplay9.thumb.PNG.8adebbe85fcee86f9f7e9ad5870275a8.PNG

• Like 4

Hi all! I agree. Best night of my life! I'm editing my videos and pics and will upload next week. Sorry, but busy with work and other stuff and it taking awhile to recover. I've not had such a late night with so much talking and standing (after four hours for GC). Chronic fatigue, fibro and chronic jaw pain took a huge hit. So worth it but causes me to take 4 times longer than normal to get caught up because I keep having to rest.