MyloXyloter

How should album 8 be like?  

22 members have voted

1. 1. How should album 8 be like?

• More Like Viva La Vida Or Death And All His Friends
    • More Like Ghost Stories
    • More Like X&Y
    • Just Like A Head Full of Dreams or Mylo Xyloto

This does actually exist as a CD, an unofficial compilation. You can google the tracklist. However, it's not complete, and it costs a lot. If you are lacking any of these songs, I can send them to you.

Also, the artwork you see on this CD was drawn by our very own @Batman, and taken by the discmakers without permission...

Thank you, I think I have them all, I just thought maybe someone made an unofficial album like cause cause then I would have had them all together:)

• Like 1

Interesting thought! You mean something like ghost stories? To be honest, i think, if they gonna make another album it just has to be something less commercial. What do you think about Parlophones opinion, when coldplay (for god sake no) ends thier carrer?

Less commercial is what I mean. Something more true to their non-pop influences. Parlophone's biggest artist is Coldplay, so if Coldplay leaves then they will have a lot more freedom in my opinion. It may not change their musical style a ton, but it certainly would change how they release music (free, old b-sides that the label doesn't own, etc).

And I don't mean like Ghost Stories. We may all have different opinions here, but GS is a very cleanly produced pop record. Coldplay tried to convince us that it was an understated, intimate, indie album--but really it was just as successful commercially as other albums and spawned tons of new fans with ASFOS and Magic. It also had the TV special, a string of music videos, a deluxe addition, big top 40 producers...

So I love GS, but it is a very commercial pop record with modern sound. What I would want is something more stripped and minimally produces. Let's hear more tracks like Ghost Story, Moving to Mars, Now My Feet Won't Touch The Ground. To me, those are some of Coldplay's best tracks that wouldn't have necessarily fit on the standard releases.

• Like 4

As much as I'd love to see coldplay leave major labels and make their own, I don't think that will happen. They have always spoken very highly of their label (except during x&y) and I remember at least once Chris said how much they love working with their label people when asked on this line of thought. And that was as recently as mx or later. And I have never seen them show an interest in creating their own label. More so they seem interested in staying away from the logistics of making music.

• Like 1

So I love GS, but it is a very commercial pop record with modern sound. What I would want is something more stripped and minimally produces. Let's hear more tracks like Ghost Story, Moving to Mars, Now My Feet Won't Touch The Ground. To me, those are some of Coldplay's best tracks that wouldn't have necessarily fit on the standard releases.

I think GS is indeed a very important part in coldplays development as a band and artist. GS is so far the most spiritual album in coldplays career. But to be honest, when i hear the word coldplay, GS is not the album that i associate with coldplay, because its just a little bit too dark. Oh and on which ep can i fnd moving to mars?

And do you know if there are B-Sides for Mylo Xyloto?

• Like 1

I think GS is indeed a very important part in coldplays development as a band and artist. GS is so far the most spiritual album in coldplays career. But to be honest, when i hear the word coldplay, GS is not the album that i associate with coldplay, because its just a little bit too dark. Oh and on which ep can i fnd moving to mars?

It's on the ETIAW EP. Which you can find on Spotify or any other streaming services.

• Like 1

And unfortunately, Moving to Mars was the only released B-Side from that era--which is a huge bummer because the kinds of sounds they were producing around then were incredible. I don't want to say it....but.... where my Car Kids at!?!?

But while we are on the topic of future Coldplay, we know Chris was talking about news "songs" and ideas for an App they might release prior to 2017 shows. So maybe AHFOD will finally produce some B-sides. Or they could be unrelated, like Atlas and Miracles and Christmas Lights.

But if you ever want a hint of what Coldplay's music might sound like in the next era, you have to listen to B-sides and extra tracks! Atlas hinted at GS tone, Miraces hinted at production of AHFOD...I could go on.

• Like 2