MyloXyloter

How should album 8 be like?  

22 members have voted

1. 1. How should album 8 be like?

• More Like Viva La Vida Or Death And All His Friends
    • More Like Ghost Stories
    • More Like X&Y
    • Just Like A Head Full of Dreams or Mylo Xyloto

I really want to know, what you guys are all thinking about album 8.

In my opinion, i really want to see something new (as it always is with coldplay) but i think, it would be great to hear something like X&Y again.

Please let me now about your Thoughts and opinions and dont forget to do the poll which i created to the topic.

I just want it to exist. :laugh4:

I want to say X&Y just because those first three albums were my favorites and when they came out they just clicked with me like almost nothing else ever has. I wish all the time I could go back to that era, not just of Coldplay, but of my life. Plus I feel really sad I didn't go to gigs in those days despite how much I loved the music (never made it to one until 2008) so I missed out on hearing a lot of my favorites live. But, on the other hand, I love what they're doing now, in a different way, and I think it's who they are now. I don't think X&Y is who they are now, and I'm not sure it would really be the same. So I try to tell myself not to waste time wishing to go back to something you can't go back to, instead of enjoying whatever comes along. I do think there are always songs that have little vibes of previous albums, so in that sense, I hope for little bits and pieces of the old days, but on a whole I'm just down to enjoy wherever they go next! (Still voting for X&Y in this poll though, because, you know)

• Like 7

I just want it to exist. :laugh4:

I want to say X&Y just because those first three albums were my favorites and when they came out they just clicked with me like almost nothing else ever has. I wish all the time I could go back to that era, not just of Coldplay, but of my life. Plus I feel really sad I didn't go to gigs in those days despite how much I loved the music (never made it to one until 2008) so I missed out on hearing a lot of my favorites live. But, on the other hand, I love what they're doing now, in a different way, and I think it's who they are now. I don't think X&Y is who they are now, and I'm not sure it would really be the same. So I try to tell myself not to waste time wishing to go back to something you can't go back to, instead of enjoying whatever comes along. I do think there are always songs that have little vibes of previous albums, so in that sense, I hope for little bits and pieces of the old days, but on a whole I'm just down to enjoy wherever they go next! (Still voting for X&Y in this poll though, because, you know)

What an awsome comment! Its really great to read about peoples stories, how they got thier connections to coldplays music! In that case, when you hear someone saying the word coldplay, my first thoughts are about X&Y songs and Mylo Xyloto songs. Thats my toughts when somebody would aks me: hey, what is coldplays music about?

I would probalby show him X&Y and MyloXyloto.

• Like 2

Honestly if they announced an album full of scrapped X&Y Era songs and other unreleased songs from previous eras, I would be like 10000% more excited than any new album at this point.

As they say with LP7 the chapter is finished, there should be an epilogue. [emoji4]

• Like 3

I am hoping for a rockier, but electronic feel. Something like Ghost Stories, but a little less poppy and more rock. Like something reminiscent of AROBTTH/Viva blended in with Ghost Stories. Now, at this point, I dont think we will be getting another A Rush or X&Y. It's just not in the books, so dont expect it. I honestly dont want them to take the U2 direction and go back to their roots almost completely, because that would seem very uncreative IMO. But if we get some ACTUAL experimentation involved like GS and Viva, I think Coldplay could potentially be cooking up something really good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 4

I am hoping for a rockier, but electronic feel. Something like Ghost Stories, but a little less poppy and more rock. Like something reminiscent of AROBTTH/Viva blended in with Ghost Stories. Now, at this point, I dont think we will be getting another A Rush or X&Y. It's just not in the books, so dont expect it. I honestly dont want them to take the U2 direction and go back to their roots almost completely, because that would seem very uncreative IMO. But if we get some ACTUAL experimentation involved like GS and Viva, I think Coldplay could potentially be cooking up something really good.

Thats exactly my thought too!

As they say with LP7 the chapter is finished, there should be an epilogue. [emoji4]

But i heared in previews interviews before AHFOD that the band quoted: "This will be the last thing" and now as you can see (Or hear ;) we got AHFOD. So i think they are definitely doing some other stuff again after AHFOD.

• Like 1

I voted for Viva because I think that album has some of their best production balance--organic but extremely layered.

But let's be honest. This decade has been Coldplay fully jumping into pop. We have had three solid albums of pop tunes with a few alternatives in the mix. We know that AHFOD is potentially their last on their record label, and as they have said, the completion of "something." I think that means they really have used up a lot of ideas and fulfilled their repertoire. They've toured the globe, collaborated with great pop and rock artists, made diverse albums with multiple genres.

So with LP8, I imagine them releasing their own label--going independent. And with that, I could see them releasing an extremely stripped down record. Something easy for them to record as men with families, something to the point, acoustic, minimal production. It would be a huge mix up after the last three bombastically produced albums. I am sure they have more hits to write, but seven albums deep and a 2-year world tour in, they ought to do something more low key and less commercial.

At least, that is what I would hope. Another quickly made and Top 40 produced album that splits fans wouldn't be that surprising.

• Like 3

I'd personally like something along the lines of a blend of Viva and GS perhaps with sprinkles of X&Y with something completely new. That to me sounds like an epic album. Hoping it happens!

'Politik' and 'A rush of blood to the head' both D: They're so incredibly intense and powerful. The whole album tbh and it being inspired by 9/11 just adds so much more depth to it.

I wish someone would leak the scrapped songs from that period lol :P

The whole album packs such an emotional punch, like ahhh seriously. Such a wonderful masterpiece...

I want someone to leak every single song Coldplay have worked on, that would be interesting :P

I voted for Viva because I think that album has some of their best production balance--organic but extremely layered.

But let's be honest. This decade has been Coldplay fully jumping into pop. We have had three solid albums of pop tunes with a few alternatives in the mix. We know that AHFOD is potentially their last on their record label, and as they have said, the completion of "something." I think that means they really have used up a lot of ideas and fulfilled their repertoire. They've toured the globe, collaborated with great pop and rock artists, made diverse albums with multiple genres.

So with LP8, I imagine them releasing their own label--going independent. And with that, I could see them releasing an extremely stripped down record. Something easy for them to record as men with families, something to the point, acoustic, minimal production. It would be a huge mix up after the last three bombastically produced albums. I am sure they have more hits to write, but seven albums deep and a 2-year world tour in, they ought to do something more low key and less commercial.

At least, that is what I would hope. Another quickly made and Top 40 produced album that splits fans wouldn't be that surprising.

******2 albums with pop tunes. Mylo is dominetely pop rock, and the rock side of it at that.

I also wouldn't call GS "bombastically produced". Sure, it has a very clean sound and if that is what you were talking about I completely agree but there isn't really a lot going on, I mean it's really atmospheric and cool and I like that but they left a LOT of space in that album which I also like.

I'd love to say the same for MX but that arguably blows up even more than AHFOD which I like. Don't hold back if your making upbeat music. Go all out! Make the emotion flow! They pulled this off a lot better in MX than in AHFOD IMO.

• Like 1

That's EXACTLY what I would want. Something experimental and totally new with a bit of a feeling of music from the 2010s but still a bit more Rock and Alternative sound.

But until they feel like making another album I'd really appreciate if they released a album with a few unreleased tracks/B-Sides and maybe acoustic versions from all eras.

• Like 2

Interesting thought! You mean something like ghost stories? To be honest, i think, if they gonna make another album it just has to be something less commercial. What do you think about Parlophones opinion, when coldplay (for god sake no) ends thier carrer?

• Like 1

I voted for the last option. I really like the current vibe they've got. But in reality I would like a big mix of this, I like it all! I see it less as good and bad periods just all awesome times with a bit different music, I just want the guys to write what THEY WANT to write, cause only then will it be real and actually COLDPLAY

Yes, just with songs we never heard before!

Can I download this somewhere?

Unfortunately I only think it's a picture someone made, I don't think someone actually made a tracklist for it...

I voted for the last option. I really like the current vibe they've got. But in reality I would like a big mix of this, I like it all! I see it less as good and bad periods just all awesome times with a bit different music, I just want the guys to write what THEY WANT to write, cause only then will it be real and actually COLDPLAY

See, I really like the vibe they've got too. I would love to hear another Mylo Xyloto. But in reality I know they wouldn't want to do that again. Coldplay are for changing their sound now. They're still constantly evolving. I wouldn't imagine hearing another Mylo style album from them (as freaking epic as that would be). Maybe it mixed with one of their older albums like A Rush and something completely new. Now that would be something cool to hear...

• Like 1

Yes, just with songs we never heard before!

Can I download this somewhere?

Unfortunately I only think it's a picture someone made, I don't think someone actually made a tracklist for it...

This does actually exist as a CD, an unofficial compilation. You can google the tracklist. However, it's not complete, and it costs a lot. If you are lacking any of these songs, I can send them to you.

Also, the artwork you see on this CD was drawn by our very own @Batman, and taken by the discmakers without permission...

• Like 3