✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

[2017-4-12] HSR Taoyuan Station Plaza, Taipei, TAIWAN

Christa42

From Coldplay.com:

CxQ6ieEW8AA1t3z.jpg

Good evening. The band have just announced a run of Asian stadium shows for the A Head Full Of Dreams Tour, including the band’s first ever concerts in Taiwan, the Philippines and Korea (they last played Japan in 2014 and Singapore in 2009).

Sat Apr 01 – National Stadium, Singapore, SINGAPORE

Tue Apr 04 – MOA Concert Grounds, Manila, PHILIPPINES

Wed Apr 12 – HSR Taoyuan Station Plaza, Taipei, TAIWAN

Sat Apr 15 – Olympic Stadium, Seoul, KOREA

Wed Apr 19 – Tokyo Dome, Tokyo, JAPAN

Tickets for the Asian dates go on sale on 21 Nov (Singapore, Tokyo) and 24 Nov (Manila, Seoul, Taipei).

Support: Jesse Kent

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
I'm in shock!

Great that they still know how to play this one. [emoji16]

That was such an awesome surprise ... I was so glad to hear it again. Completely caught me off-guard and was such a fun moment even though I was far back and couldn't see much, it made my night! :)

aaaand of course they did: Chris sang him Happy Birthday in Mandarin: [MEDIA=instagram]BSyUyRAA5RP[/MEDIA]

Mobile Link: https://www.instagram.com/p/BSyUyRAA5RP

In other news: they played Violet Hill instead of Heroes!

It's about time to bring this song back to the set list.. Hope it will stay till the end of this leg

Sent from my LG-H815 using Coldplaying mobile app

My videos and pictures from the two nights in Taiwan. Despite lots of rain the shows were awesome and the crowds were so enthusiastic ... I think for a lot of people it was their first time seeing the band since they hadn't played here before or come to the general area often. It reminded me of the first time I finally got to see the band and what a magical feeling that was. And Violet Hill was a huge treat that I didn't expect, that also took me back in time. I'm lousy at describing shows with words so I'll just leave you with images. ;)

Photos (mostly from first night, a few from second)

Coldplay at Taipei, Taiwan

Videos (from night two)

A side note on Violet Hill: Chris said something to the effect of "we never play that, but we played it for you because of the rain", but obviously they didn't just pull it out of nowhere so hopefully it's something they just wanted to bring back. I'd love to see it become a regular or semi-regular in that spot on the set.

• Like 3