✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Norah Jones

Guy'sChick

e

^ :rolleyes: :P

but seriously you are right lilchick629 she didn't deserve them...

she deserved the ones that were more polished! :angry: did you see how dirty those things were c'mon people she deserves better!!! good pick up lilchick629 ;) :lol: btw making myspace when holidays arrive at the mo im :snore:

I dont get it---what do u mean about myspace--and holydays :huh:

• Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

sori im very forgettable :lol: :embarrased: :rolleyes:

you gave my your myspace address or whatever you call it. i'm working on it in the holidays....

but ok if you do not want to associate with me then... well... :cry: ...thats fine :angry:

d

sori im very forgettable :lol: :embarrased: :rolleyes:

you gave my your myspace address or whatever you call it. i'm working on it in the holidays....

but ok if you do not want to associate with me then... well... :cry: ...thats fine :angry:

lol-- :lol:

nah---just came out of the blue---thats why--lol

have you joined the CFU messageboard???

http://s13.invisionfree.com/Coldplay_Fans_United/index.php?act=idx

I dont like norah jones only cause she didnt deserve all those grammys :angry:

Why did she not deserve the grammys?

Pray tell. For her debut i dont think there was anyone more deserving of the grammys then her. At the time she was a fresh sound. Something no one else had been doing. And she revitalised the singer-songwriter side of music for women. Put some decency back into it. Destroyed the image of fit women with crap voices going round in nothing more then a thong and a very small bikini.

I will forgive you though. Like Kekita has done :D

8 freaken grammys for a newbie---a starting singer---nah---no-one deserves that much just for a new album----i hate it when only one artist takes most awards :angry:

i do like her music---but hate her for that

i'm glad i'm still forgiven (hope this comment doesnt make u change ur mind)

Pray tell. For her debut i dont think there was anyone more deserving of the grammys then her. At the time she was a fresh sound. Something no one else had been doing. And she revitalised the singer-songwriter side of music for women. Put some decency back into it. Destroyed the image of fit women with crap voices going round in nothing more then a thong and a very small bikini.

Extremely good point - especially the bit about the unnecessary "flesh exposure" by certain singers (male AND female)! :P

Norah's was indeed a very fresh sound when the debut album appeared.

When I first heard it (in a shop) I knew nothing about her and I bought the album purely on the strength of what I'd heard (which is how it should be).

A similar thing happened with David Gray.

I admire the way Dido dresses to, as she is extremely un-showy and usually sticks to wearing jeans/trousers and a trendy (non-revealing) top.

The likes of Norah Jones and Dido don't need to expose their flesh as the music they produce speaks for itself!! :D

Nah. You can see it in her face when they gave her the first grammy that she was shocked. Her album had been working its way up the billboard chart steadily for several months. If my facts are straight she was in the top 20 when the grammys started. She would have been just as successful if she had not even been nominated. She did not expect to win the grammys. And it certianly meant that there were stressful times ahead. I remember being on the official site some 2 years ago. Probably more. There was this note on there that she had written. Explaining just how stressed out she was. At one point she even contemplated seeing a shrink. She did not expect what happened. Niether did she want it to happen either really. And she does not take easily to fame

I say this as one of her biggest fans...and someone who met her in June 2003. After a concert. I had the honor of meeting her and the rest of the band backstage. I got the impression that she was not all that used to it all. And some reporter guys managed to sneak past the security. Then they all got up and ran for the bus. With the reporter guy trying to catch them. And the funny thing is that Norah saw him first. And her words were "Shit...guys grap your stuff. The paparrazis here.

So dont hate Norah. If you want to hate anyone hate the grammy officials. For trying to ruin her carrear.

Extremely good point - especially the bit about the unnecessary "flesh exposure" by certain singers (male AND female)! :P

Norah's was indeed a very fresh sound when the debut album appeared.

When I first heard it (in a shop) I knew nothing about her and I bought the album purely on the strength of what I'd heard (which is how it should be).

A similar thing happened with David Gray.

I admire the way Dido dresses to, as she is extremely un-showy and usually sticks to wearing jeans/trousers and a trendy (non-revealing) top.

The likes of Norah Jones and Dido don't need to expose their flesh as the music they produce speaks for itself!! :D

And that is exactly what i think. Though im not a big fan of dido mr Squared. Dont shoot me. Its my neighbours fault. When she released the album with "White Flag" in it was constantly rammed into my head by the evil cow next door.

Hey--i'm just a hater---what can i say

nah--but u have a good point--i shouldnt hate her but the grammy officials---but its the same thing we were saying about GreenDay---greenday songs are burned everywhere and played and replayed all the time--so why do people hate Greenday--they should hate the radio and everyone who plays the songs too much

its just easier to tag it to the artist-----i do like her songs though---so i'm with you on that---though i am not that big of a fan

nah--but u have a good point--i shouldnt hate her but the grammy officials---but its the same thing we were saying about GreenDay---greenday songs are burned everywhere and played and replayed all the time--so why do people hate Greenday--they should hate the radio and everyone who plays the songs too much

its just easier to tag it to the artist-----i do like her songs though---so i'm with you on that---though i am not that big of a fan

Fair enough. If we all liked the same thing the world would be bloody boring. I cant claim to know how much she is played in her home country. But i hardly hear her where im from. Maybe occasionally on the radio. Sometimes on classic fm. Sometimes on gold. Sometimes {but very rare} on my local station. Radio Wyvern. So for me whenever she is on the radio it is a shock. Thats why i have her albums.

d

Fair enough. If we all liked the same thing the world would be bloody boring. I cant claim to know how much she is played in her home country. But i hardly hear her where im from. Maybe occasionally on the radio. Sometimes on classic fm. Sometimes on gold. Sometimes {but very rare} on my local station. Radio Wyvern. So for me whenever she is on the radio it is a shock. Thats why i have her albums.

i didnt quite mean that she gets played alot---my point was that we make the mistake to pin all problems with the artist and blame the artist when maybe it wasnt even their fault

yeh i like her too. i only got her second album tho (with 3 extra songs). its mighty

That would be the delux edition with the dvd with it. Yes?

My fav song has to be moon song.

yeh thats right. i love moon song too. i pretty much like every song on it.

thats great

You have a great way of putting across your views, by the way. Are you related to Aaron?? :)

Sorry. What do you mean?

Was that a compliment? Or were you being sarcastic? :/

I think marks comment was meant to be a compliment. If it was, then he's probably referring to colduser [(aaron) who is the coolest bitch around here :cool: :kiss: ]