✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Norah Jones

Guy'sChick

• Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How is her second album?Can you compare it to the first?

I think it depends on your taste. I like both albums as much as each other. For different reasons. Come away with me is calm and soothing. Where feels like home has more energy. But it is also more countryish {Norahs own lable for it} For me her stuff is so good there are only 2 songs spanning both albums that i dont like. Those are "Feeling the same way"which is too repetetive in the lyrics imo, and "creepin in" which has Dolly Parton in. And is probably the most countryish song you will ever hear. Other then that both albums are brilliant. Also if you get hold of the delux edition of FLH you get 3 bonus tracks. Those are "Sleepless nights" "Moon song"{Which is Norahs}and "I turned your picture to the wall" Moon song is bloody brilliant.

And also if you are ever able to get a hold of it get the "Special edition" come away with me album which you will know because it has the picture below on.

norah_jones2.jpg

This special edition has "Peace" by horace Silver, Cold cold heart live, Ruler of my heart{With the dirty dozen brass band}and a Bob Dylan classic called "Ill be your baby tonight"

So all in all her debut{if you get the special edition} out weighs her second album by 2 songs. But for me her second album has more songs that i can listen to time and time again. So that basically mean they both come out about equal. Well for me anyway. It completely depends on your individual taste however

Hey something else that might interest you.

http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=4837922

This url will take you to a site that has the whole of the performance from the jazz concert that was on Saturday Norah was in it. She sung "I think its gonna rain today" There are also performances by Diana Krall, Elvis Costello and many more. Hope you like.

I was extremely disappointed with the second album in comparison to the first, which blew me away when I first heard it.

"Come Away With Me" is an extremely classy track.

Nothing seemed to stand out on the second album, and Norah (inevitably)seemed to be too surrounded by media hype when it came out, so I gave it a miss.......................................................

I've got one of Diana Krall's albums, too. She's from Vancouver Island, which holds special memories for me, ya know!! :D

I was extremely disappointed with the second album in comparison to the first, which blew me away when I first heard it.

Nothing seemed to stand out on the second album, and Norah (inevitably)seemed to be too surrounded by media hype when it came out, so I gave it a miss.......................................................

I've got one of Diana Krall's albums, too. She's from Vancouver Island, which holds special memories for me, ya know!! :D

I know what you mean. The price of winning all those grammys i fear. However i choose not to be scared away by all the media hype. Still remember being down Hmv at quarter to nine waiting for the damn store to open :rolleyes: Which Diana Krall album you got Mc? I was planning on getting some of her stuff but just lately i been a bit preoccupied with a certian band. You know the one {I predict a riot}

I know what you mean. The price of winning all those grammys i fear. However i choose not to be scared away by all the media hype. Still remember being down Hmv at quarter to nine waiting for the damn store to open :rolleyes: Which Diana Krall album you got Mc? I was planning on getting some of her stuff but just lately i been a bit preoccupied with a certian band. You know the one {I predict a riot}

I've got the Diana Krall album which features "The Look of Love".

You mean you've been preoccupied with Chris & co.?? :huh:

Have you had your head down a toilet recently?

Don't know what you're talking about. I've been away, if that's what you mean...................................

Don't know what you're talking about. I've been away, if that's what you mean...................................

Have you not heard of the Kaiser Chiefs? :stunned:

Have you not heard of the Kaiser Chiefs? :stunned:

Of course - but what's that got to do with you??

Back on the thread subject. Heres an interesting fact. Whilst Norahs debut did not get 8 grammys {Like the few albums in the world that have achieved this} her album is currnetly the highest selling solo album since the millenium.

I found this in a book that was published around july 2005. So its not old info either :stunned:

I found the above fact in a book that is all about all the greatest albums of all time. Thats a huge achievement for someone who has only been around 3 years.

^ :rolleyes: :P

but seriously you are right lilchick629 she didn't deserve them...

she deserved the ones that were more polished! :angry: did you see how dirty those things were c'mon people she deserves better!!! good pick up lilchick629 ;) :lol: btw making myspace when holidays arrive at the mo im :snore: