✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Random Thought about UP&UP and production in general

wmessin

This is the original live debut of UP&UP which I consider the very best version of UP&UP despite a few minor errors which are easily overlooked. I think this performance of the song easily shows how the studio production influences on the song and songs in general can, well not so much derail, but rather undercut the overall value of the song. If they had left the song in its more simple form and not messed with it so much it would have been so much better. Anyway, what are your thoughts?

• Like 5

This is the original live debut of UP&UP which I consider the very best version of UP&UP despite a few minor errors which are easily overlooked. I think this performance of the song easily shows how the studio production influences on the song and songs in general can, well not so much derail, but rather undercut the overall value of the song. If they had left the song in its more simple form and not messed with it so much it would have been so much better. Anyway, what are your thoughts?

As with any music, what version is "better" or "worse" is entirely a matter of subjective taste.

That said, I think people's reactions are likely to depend on what genres in general they tend to favor. If you don't like the dance/electropop influences the band are flirting with here the stripped down version is probably better sounding to you, if you do like those things, you're probably going to favor the full production.

I agree that the live version is better but sort of for the opposite reason. The album version is actually a lot cleaner because the piano has been taken out from much of the such, and a lot of the strings and stuff seem tighter. Either way, I think various production decisions went the wrong way for AHFOD for songs that seem amazing live.