✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Ghost Stories - Elimination Game

I ran away

Welcome to the Elimination Game for Ghost Stories !

The rules are as follows: Each round lasts around one to two days, depending on how quickly votes the votes are coming in. In that time you have to vote for the song you want to see eliminated (i.e. the song you like least in the list). The song with the most votes during each round will be eliminated from the list.

The last song left in the list after several rounds will win.

The respective winning tracks of all albums/EPs will then go on to one grand final elimination game to determine the overall winner.

This is the list - vote away !

Always In My Head

Magic

Ink

True Love

Midnight

Another's Arms

Oceans

A Sky Full Of Stars

O

I vote for A Sky Full Of Stars.

• Like 1

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Really sux only one can win, My top four from this album is ASFOS, Midnight, Ink and Fly On/O Where would the first Miracles be included into an elimination game? Christmas Lights is/was so why not the first Miracles?

I know you love this album. It would be the same for me with X&Y, fo example.

No, Christmas Lights was included in the MX Hurt and Heal game, which was not made by me. For these elimination games I'm running I plan to put those extra singles and B-sides together for one grand B-sides elimination game, at the end after we've done the studio releases.

I know you love this album. It would be the same for me with X&Y, fo example.

No, Christmas Lights was included in the MX Hurt and Heal game, which was not made by me. For these elimination games I'm running I plan to put those extra singles and B-sides together for one grand B-sides elimination game, at the end after we've done the studio releases.

Oh ok. Makes sense. After everything is done on your part, I guess I'll try to start my own Elimination game.

• Like 1

Blasphemy

I have listened to the live GS album start to finish numerous time and while I get the purpose of this song as it relates to the album it just has too much imagery/symbolism for me. A flock of birds reference doesn't do it for me but to each his own. Chris obviously has an admiration of birds.

• Like 2

I actually think the imagery is very nice and it has some of the best lyrics of the otherwise lyrically mediocre GS album.

That piano melody is so simple yet haunting. It's a very touching song, one of the few songs of the last three albums that can easily make me cry.

• Like 3

I actually think the imagery is very nice and it has some of the best lyrics of the otherwise lyrically mediocre GS album.

That piano melody is so simple yet haunting. It's a very touching song, one of the few songs of the last three albums that can easily make me cry.

It makes me cry too. I used at my dad's funeral when he died in 2014 September.

• Like 1

Wouldn't a faster way to do it be to have people just rank the songs favorite to least favorite and assign points 9 to 1? Not trying to hijack your thread but you will take 10 to 14 days doing it this way but maybe that is your intent. Just an idea and not trying to upset the apple cart as my suggestion of O did. :p

Wouldn't a faster way to do it be to have people just rank the songs favorite to least favorite and assign points 9 to 1? Not trying to hijack your thread but you will take 10 to 14 days doing it this way but maybe that is your intent. Just an idea and not trying to upset the apple cart as my suggestion of O did. :p

Or a poll? I was thinking about a poll for mine elimination game, but I dont know how that would work.

I have listened to the live GS album start to finish numerous time and while I get the purpose of this song as it relates to the album it just has too much imagery/symbolism for me. A flock of birds reference doesn't do it for me but to each his own. Chris obviously has an admiration of birds.

Maybe you have a point that he's overplayed his use of birds references here, but I don't even really think about the lyrics when it comes to that song. The piano melody emits such an emotion that perfectly captures what Chris is feeling. You know exactly what he's talking about even if the "flock of birds" is a bit ambiguous and cliche.

I'm never usually a big fan of Chris' lyrics. It's hard to point to any song that they've written that has a line or 2 that sticks in your mind, since it's all very broad and cliched. But the emotion from Coldplay songs is more powerful than any band I've listened to. That's why Coldplay is so universally loved. Many Coldplay fans don't even speak English.

It's almost like you know exactly what Chris is feeling/talking about without even listening to the lyrics, if that makes any sense.

• Like 2

The intention of these games is mostly to pass the time, not to get results quickly. The hiatus is long. :D

• Like 1

Welcome to the Elimination Game for Ghost Stories !

The rules are as follows: Each round lasts around one to two days, depending on how quickly votes the votes are coming in. In that time you have to vote for the song you want to see eliminated (i.e. the song you like least in the list). The song with the most votes during each round will be eliminated from the list.

The last song left in the list after several rounds will win.

The respective winning tracks of all albums/EPs will then go on to one grand final elimination game to determine the overall winner.

This is the list - vote away !

Always In My Head

Magic

Ink

True Love

Midnight

Another's Arms

Oceans

A Sky Full Of Stars

O

I vote for A Sky Full Of Stars.

Always in my head

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Another's Arms 8

ASFOS 2

AIMH 1

O 1

When the pain just rips right through you...Another's Arms is eliminated.

Still available for late night watching TV:

Always In My Head

Magic

Ink

True Love

Midnight

Oceans

A Sky Full Of Stars

O

I vote for A Sky Full Of Stars again