✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

(27-11-2019) Coldplay at Maida Vale studios

42JTR

They did Lovers In Japan again?! YESSSSSS! We're getting a proper live recording of the new acoustic version.

Guns

Orphans

Daddy

Lovers In Japan

Arabesque

Gypsy Woman

Everyday Life

and Chris said Femi's band also recorded an extra song but that wasn't broadcast (yet) I think

It has been saying "Femi Jam" after Arabesque on the official setlists for the last couple of shows so I wonder if that's what was recorded

• Love 1

I loved that the cover they made (Gypsy Woman), even unintentionally, fits perfectly into the theme of the new album, both in lyrics and arrangements. This is something to admire. Btw, those who want a HD audio of the cover, extracted on BBC Sounds, just DM me.

• Like 1

I love how they're always pretty smart about their choice of cover song when they do decide to whip one out. I wouldn't at all be surprised if there was a lot of thought put into the choice to play Gypsy Woman, given the kind of themes that song explores. Fits this era perfectly.

• Like 2

They did Lovers In Japan again?! YESSSSSS! We're getting a proper live recording of the new acoustic version.

It has been saying "Femi Jam" after Arabesque on the official setlists for the last couple of shows so I wonder if that's what was recorded

Chris said they'd recorded one of Femi's own songs for the extra track.

• Like 1

My brain since yesterday evening:

La da deee, la da daaa

:joy:

But honestly, great cover from the band. This cover and session yesterday made me feel really warm about this new era - something of the sparkle of early Coldplay has crept back into their performances !

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...