🌙 COLDPLAY ANNOUNCE MOON MUSIC OUT OCTOBER 4TH 🎵

The Snow Patrol Thread

fifi

Canon PowerShot SX200 IS[/url] and am very happy with it!! :)

THANKS so much for the recommendation Anna! It looks great - and I think it will work quite well! :)

Jen & Kimmi - thanks for the help too! :) you guys are SO good to me! HAHA Jen - i hope your hubby can take a hint and get you "Up To Now" 24 more shopping days until Christmas!

• Replies 6.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Finally Up To Now has arrived, a little late I guess.

I had it in my hands!!!! I was like :o

but my mom told me we are going to US in a couple weeks

and I saw in target's website (or bestbuy) the more expensive

Up To Now like Jen said I guess

so I decided to wait longer :cry: so that I hopefully

get the deluxe version there.

Kimmi- Thank you so, so, so much! :kiss: I am yet to get my very own copy of Up To Now (my husband's getting it for me for xmas, if he knows what's good for him).

no worries, Jen... ;) :kiss:

*lol* guess your husband had better be paying attention to any hints you've been dropping to him. hope you get Up To Now for your X'mas pressie! *fingers & toes crossed*

ooooh...i hope you can find it when you're in the US then (& at a good price too)! *fingers & toes crossed x2*

Oh, Miguel- I hope you can find it! I have not seen it ANYWHERE in ANY STORE. The only one I ever see is just the two CD set (w/out the dvd). The websites might have it, but the stores don't. Good luck!

no worries, Jen... ;) :kiss:

*lol* guess your husband had better be paying attention to any hints you've been dropping to him. hope you get Up To Now for your X'mas pressie! *fingers & toes crossed*

:laugh3: I'm waaay past dropping hints. I flat out told him I wanted it and where to order it! I've even picked up the one at target and said "NOT this one... I want the one with the DVD!!!" :lol:

Oh, Miguel- I hope you can find it! I have not seen it ANYWHERE in ANY STORE. The only one I ever see is just the two CD set (w/out the dvd). The websites might have it, but the stores don't. Good luck!

:laugh3: I'm waaay past dropping hints. I flat out told him I wanted it and where to order it! I've even picked up the one at target and said "NOT this one... I want the one with the DVD!!!" :lol:

*lol* ok...they he better not be getting you anything else instead of the specific copy of Up To Now that you want then! :lol:

btw, on top of Gary being on Q mag's Artists of the Century (he's billed as {"The Celt"} for his section/article), there's a full page ad for Up To Now on the back of that mag. but i'm curious, what exactly is the difference between the 3(?) versions around? specifically the CD/DVD contents?

Thanks for your videos, Naomi! :nice:

Elena tweeted this earlier (thanks!)

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5S4nymgZyY8]YouTube- Snow Patrol - Gary Lightbody - Just Say Yes[/ame]

And I saw this on TTB, but I guess you all check there more regularly than me :uhoh:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QfVQ8lDvmDg]YouTube- Gary Lightbody from Snow Patrol talks to Ruth Scott PT 1/2[/ame]

[ame]

[/ame]

I also stumbled upon this picture on google when I was looking for something else actually!!

Snow-Patrol-06.11.09.jpg

Have a nice weekend everybody! :kiss:

aw, I love this acoustic version of Just Say Yes :nice: Will watch the interview now, thanks for posting!

I've got a question..

Before AHMS came out, sp.com was under construction and you could only watch a video of people putting up the origami stars for the album cover. Does anyone have that video or can find it on youtube? I tried there but I couldn't find it.

And I saw this on TTB, but I guess you all check there more regularly than me :uhoh:

I also stumbled upon this picture on google when I was looking for something else actually!!

Snow-Patrol-06.11.09.jpg

Have a nice weekend everybody! :kiss:

loving that acoustic version of Just Say Yes! :wacky:

& those videos from TTB are new to me...but then i tend to just randomly read/view stuff there. thanks for them!

...maybe it's just me...but i'm fairly sure that Gary's looking not quite wide awake yet when the interview was done.

lost count of the number of videos i've seen of Gary performing with his white Macbook close by. he could write an article about his Macbook for Apple's collection of celebs & their Macs...if they're still doing that thing. :lol:

love how he walks off with the mug & his Macbook....but leaves his guitar behind for the roadie. :P

I've got a question..

Before AHMS came out, sp.com was under construction and you could only watch a video of people putting up the origami stars for the album cover. Does anyone have that video or can find it on youtube? I tried there but I couldn't find it.

I've seen that video. Not so long ago...

Couldn't find it right now.

The videos and the archive on SP.com aren't working for me at all :stunned: But I'm pretty sure that I've seen the video on the official site and it must've been in the summer.

:shrug: Sorry!

Oh god please don't tell me that.

I hope I find it, otherwise I think I'm pulling my hair off, I want it so badly!!

Oh dear, that acoustic version of JSY is so damn beautiful! I think Gary's doing a pretty decent job on his own, but I must admit that I miss Nathan nonetheless... Especially his backing vocals. ;)

Has anybody noticed Gary's mug? You can see it in the video, too. It's so funny because he seems to carry it with him almost everywhere. :lol:

And the Macbook... :rolleyes: I guess that one's quite "famous" now as well... It's there to help him remember the lyrics, but he still tends to forget them anyway... :laugh3:

The interview's awesome as well! That story about his parents is so cute. :cheesy: And the fact that he showed his mobile phone... :laugh3:

He also mentioned his niece Honey again! Gary's obviously loving her to bits. :blush:

more vids

planets...

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yy5ZCB4yXeg]YouTube- Snow Patrol - Planets - Royal Albert Hall - 25th November 2009 Reworked Tour 2009[/ame]

shut your eyes (hasn't finished processing yet)

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s-_8vO0pVV4&feature=channel]YouTube- Snow Patrol - Shut Your Eyes - Royal Albert Hall - 25th November 2009 Reworked Tour 2009[/ame]

Oh god please don't tell me that.

I hope I find it, otherwise I think I'm pulling my hair off, I want it so badly!!

how long are you in the US for? maybe you could order online & have it delivered to where you're staying (if that is somehow possible?)...

Has anybody noticed Gary's mug? You can see it in the video, too. It's so funny because he seems to carry it with him almost everywhere. :lol:

And the Macbook... :rolleyes: I guess that one's quite "famous" now as well... It's there to help him remember the lyrics, but he still tends to forget them anyway... :laugh3:

did he walk onstage at RAH with a/the mug too? cos he did at Bristol...& i found that highly amusing. & i kinda was looking for the Macbook to be nearby too! :lol:

& Gary forgetting the lyrics...in the Up To Now docu, Nathan's like all "i don't know how or why, but he just keeps forgetting words!" :P

@darkchoc92 : great videos...keep 'em coming! :)

I found this video yesterday when I was searching for one of Gary & Lisa singing "Set the fire to the third bar":

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LRRewAzWcX0]YouTube- Snow Patrol Set the Fire to the Third Bar - Reworked Tour Dublin 2nd December 2009[/ame]

Well, one can't see much of the two of them, but better than nothing. I really love the (new) country-feel to the song. :)

And here's another video of Gary's performance in the HMV in Dundrum:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0K4FTIyGv8o]YouTube- Snow Patrol - Chasing Cars[/ame]

Poor Gary, he seems to be so lost without Nathan... :lol:

did he walk onstage at RAH with a/the mug too? cos he did at Bristol...& i found that highly amusing. & i kinda was looking for the Macbook to be nearby too! :lol:

& Gary forgetting the lyrics...in the Up To Now docu, Nathan's like all "i don't know how or why, but he just keeps forgetting words!" :P

I'm not so sure whether he walked on stage with the mug, but it certainly was there at some point. It appears in quite a few of Anna's and my videos. I even took a photo of him holding the mug as a proof for Bianca, but it unfortunately turned out rather blurry (just like most of my photos). :dozey:

Yeah, I loved that part in the documentary! :lol: I think nobody can really explain it, but I guess it's already kind of "routine" and something would be missing/feel strange if Gary suddenly remembered ALL lyrics. :lol: At least I find it quite amusing and cute anyway. ;)

I found this video yesterday when I was searching for one of Gary & Lisa singing "Set the fire to the third bar":

Well, one can't see much of the two of them, but better than nothing. I really love the (new) country-feel to the song. :)

And here's another video of Gary's performance in the HMV in Dundrum:

YouTube- Snow Patrol - Chasing Cars

Poor Gary, he seems to be so lost without Nathan... :lol:

I'm not so sure whether he walked on stage with the mug, but it certainly was there at some point. It appears in quite a few of Anna's and my videos. I even took a photo of him holding the mug as a proof for Bianca, but it unfortunately turned out rather blurry (just like most of my photos). :dozey:

Yeah, I loved that part in the documentary! :lol: I think nobody can really explain it, but I guess it's already kind of "routine" and something would be missing/feel strange if Gary suddenly remembered ALL lyrics. :lol: At least I find it quite amusing and cute anyway. ;)

haha...i guess he's just got bad memory. bless him.

i felt a number of the reworked songs were really country-style-ish...but then i tend to associate any song with banjos twanging away as country music. :dozey:

& country music isn't usually my cup of tea, but the way the guys've pulled it off works incredibly well for me. :D

+ just realised what's on Gary's tee in that HMV video! Where The Wild Things Are! SQUEEE!!! :wacky:

well, i guess it was somehow noticeable in Bristol cos it was dark-ish & the mug's white.....................either that, or i'm just a sad case for noticing a mug.

Just found a video of Run which was the third song Gary performed:

[ame=

]
[/ame]

The quality's pretty much amazing! :cheesy:

(There's the bad memory again... :lol:)

haha...i guess he's just got bad memory. bless him.

i felt a number of the reworked songs were really country-style-ish...but then i tend to associate any song with banjos twanging away as country music. :dozey:

& country music isn't usually my cup of tea, but the way the guys've pulled it off works incredibly well for me. :D

+ just realised what's on Gary's tee in that HMV video! Where The Wild Things Are! SQUEEE!!! :wacky:

well, i guess it was somehow noticeable in Bristol cos it was dark-ish & the mug's white.....................either that, or i'm just a sad case for noticing a mug.

I actually liked the idea they had in the documentary of Gary being too lost into the "moment" and forgetting the lyrics because of that. It sometimes really seems like that's exactly the case. :)

Haha, Gary seems to have a thing for T-Shirts related to children stories etc., doesn't he? I remember him wearing a "Dr. Seuss"-T-Shirt when I met him in July. :lol:

I wonder whether it's the same mug all the time... :thinking: Maybe it's something like a talisman, who knows? :)

yeah, i've always thought that he looks like he gets really into the song when he's singing...kinda like he's all high on the song.

& he does seem to like his vintage graphic tees, doesn't he? haha

even showed up for the Q Awards in one with the Kellog's cereal mascot(s) when everyone else was dressed up in suits! :lol:

2dqkoz.jpg