🌙 COLDPLAY ANNOUNCE MOON MUSIC OUT OCTOBER 4TH 🎵

The Snow Patrol Thread

fifi

• Replies 6.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I bought it last week (after two visits to my music store which hadn't it in stock the first time) and I took the only one! :D I put one CD on my hi-fi system and the other one the CD player in my bathroom :lol: Gary is with me everywhere!

Santa came through!

Up to Now deluxe w/ the DVD was under my tree this morning! :dance:

Can't wait til I get a chance to watch!!

Hope everyone has had a lovely xmas! :hug:

YAYAY Jen! You got it you lucky duck - did you get a chance to watch the DVD material yet? I'm dying to hear what you think!

I will have to break down and just buy it for myself I think...especially if you people say its worth it! :) Hope everyone had a happy holiday! :)

I've just read a brilliant article about them playing at the Royal Albert Hall, and the changes they are making and everything! It was a good read!

Could you mean this article by any chance? I read that one today and thought it's excellently written and very informative, I really enjoyed reading it. :)

@Meredith: You should definitely go and get it yourself, it's wort it. I promise. :)

i see.. are they new songs or some kind of compilations?

i feel bad for snow patrol, i just knew it that the album has already released :(

don't feel too bad about this. technically, Up To Now hasn't been released yet for your side of the world. it's only released in Malaysia (& hence, i assume this applies to Singapore & Indonesia also) in December. & apparently what'll be brought in will be the "UK limited edition"...whatever that means. fairly sure it's NOT the fan edition & very likely is the deluxe edition with the DVD. :thinking:

Santa came through!

Up to Now deluxe w/ the DVD was under my tree this morning! :dance:

Can't wait til I get a chance to watch!!

Hope everyone has had a lovely xmas! :hug:

yay!!! so your very (un)subtle hints to the hubby worked then!!! :dance:

looks like it's a Merry Christmas for you...heh :hug:

I finally got to watch the dvd material and it was awesome! MY favourite moment was when Gary talked about Run and how it makes him feel when people sing it at concerts :heart: now I HAVE TO see them live.. :D

i love how the live concert stuff on the DVD are full of bromance-y moments between Gary & Nathan...especially at the festivals! :laugh3:

my fave is the Up To Now docu cos i think there's a great story there about the band & their journey "up to now". & in the booklet for the SP.com "fan edition", there's stuff written by Gary on the 1st page about how the name "Snow Patrol" came about & a short paragraph each on how he met each of the current band members, which i think ties in real nicely with the docu.

@merryberry9 : just say yes & go get it...it's worth it. ;)

hey. first time here. :lol:

i'm thinking about getting one album for the end of the year, but i need to make up my mind what. and Snow Patrol's Up To Now is part of my options.

How good is the album?

p.s. : I LOVE THE VOCALS FOR SNOW PATROL! GARY LIGHTBODY WOOHOOO. :lol:

and the backing vocals are awesome.

i'm thinking about getting one album for the end of the year, but i need to make up my mind what. and Snow Patrol's Up To Now is part of my options.

How good is the album?

Hi there and welcome to our cozy little group! :D

First of all: I think it's a very good decision to get one of their albums, I'm sure you won't regret it as all of their albums are awesome in their own way. :)

As for the beginning, I think the idea of buying "Up to now" is very wise as there are loads of songs on the 2 CDs which makes it easier to get an overall impression of their music as there's a very nice mix of older and newer songs on them. :)

If it's a matter of price (for I assume the compilation might be a bit more expensive), I think "Eyes Open" is a good way to start with as well as at least I think it's the album that makes their music most "accessible" to the listener. :)

I hope I could help you and good luck with the shopping! Feel free to tell us your opinion about the album you bought afterwards, I'd be very interested to read what you think about it. :)

How good is the album?

hello, fellow Malaysian!!! :D

& "YAY!!!" for you!!! :dance:

more Malaysians need to get to know the brilliance that is Snow Patrol, imo...as in beyond "that 'Grey's Anatomy' song"...haha

as Ilione has said, 'Up To Now' is a good start. i'm not sure what the RRP for it is going to be, but i do know that there's a "Malaysian Edition" & the standard UK edition with only the 2 audio CDs. anyway, that's a good start already since the album covers the full spectrum of their career so far.

otherwise, if you really want to listen to their albums beyond 'Up To Now', check out the Rock Corner shops around town. look for the Dutch 2-in-1 editions. there is one that bundles both 'Final Straw' & 'Eyes Open' together for a decent price. ;)

@guills : long time no see! & that's cute that you had that song stuck in your head today...heh :wacky:

Hi there and welcome to our cozy little group! :D

First of all: I think it's a very good decision to get one of their albums, I'm sure you won't regret it as all of their albums are awesome in their own way. :)

As for the beginning, I think the idea of buying "Up to now" is very wise as there are loads of songs on the 2 CDs which makes it easier to get an overall impression of their music as there's a very nice mix of older and newer songs on them. :)

If it's a matter of price (for I assume the compilation might be a bit more expensive), I think "Eyes Open" is a good way to start with as well as at least I think it's the album that makes their music most "accessible" to the listener. :)

I hope I could help you and good luck with the shopping! Feel free to tell us your opinion about the album you bought afterwards, I'd be very interested to read what you think about it. :)

Eyes Open... Hmm.. I think I would start with Up To Now, like you said, it would be easier to get an overall impression. :D thanks! :)

hello, fellow Malaysian!!! :D

& "YAY!!!" for you!!! :dance:

more Malaysians need to get to know the brilliance that is Snow Patrol, imo...as in beyond "that 'Grey's Anatomy' song"...haha

as Ilione has said, 'Up To Now' is a good start. i'm not sure what the RRP for it is going to be, but i do know that there's a "Malaysian Edition" & the standard UK edition with only the 2 audio CDs. anyway, that's a good start already since the album covers the full spectrum of their career so far.

otherwise, if you really want to listen to their albums beyond 'Up To Now', check out the Rock Corner shops around town. look for the Dutch 2-in-1 editions. there is one that bundles both 'Final Straw' & 'Eyes Open' together for a decent price. ;)

@guills : long time no see! & that's cute that you had that song stuck in your head today...heh :wacky:

thanks! :D :awesome:

Yup, there's the Malaysian edition and the imported one. Malaysian edition is obviously cheaper, but i suspect the quality is not as good.

My friend once said that the imported Coldplay CD sounds awesome with headphones, so there should be a difference.

and Rock Corner and Speedy have this 'Buy 2 for RM50'. Snow Patrol is included. :D

but most prob Malaysian Edition.

it's cheaper so who cares? the songs are the same anyway. unless there are other bonus with the imported ones... :thinking:

thanks! :D :awesome:

Yup, there's the Malaysian edition and the imported one. Malaysian edition is obviously cheaper, but i suspect the quality is not as good.

My friend once said that the imported Coldplay CD sounds awesome with headphones, so there should be a difference.

and Rock Corner and Speedy have this 'Buy 2 for RM50'. Snow Patrol is included. :D

but most prob Malaysian Edition.

it's cheaper so who cares? the songs are the same anyway. unless there are other bonus with the imported ones... :thinking:

haha...yeah, 2 for RM50 then likely to be the Malaysian Edition ones.

well...................................there IS a difference in the audio quality. to me.

BUT unless you've been influenced to be particular about audio quality by a dad who deals in industrial AV equipment, then don't worry about the imported CDs' quality. cos it's not a really big deal if cost is a factor & you need the right audio gear too anyway to be able to hear the real difference.

the other difference, & the main reason i stick to buying the imported CDs (tho it helps a lot that i'm already in the UK now), is that the Malaysian Edition's CD booklets are nothing more that a slip folded in 2 or 3 with not much content.

I DO NOT LIKE THAT!!! :(

i love opening the wrappings & taking out the booklets to read the stuff that the artist/band includes in their albums' CD booklets, like the 'thank you's, where the songs were recorded/mixed, who worked on the songs, etc. (ok, i'm weird like that... :shame: )

& i *especially* love the cheeky little messages like SP's "Mums and Dads of the world be patient with your children" that's in every one of their albums. :wacky:

+ for Final Straw the 'thank you's includes a line thanking everyone who bought the record instead of just downloading it for free off the Internet... :wacky: :wacky: :wacky:

+ my Final Straw booklet's signed by all the guys, except Nathan, so i love it to bits...haha

btw, Snow Patrol stuff listened through a pair of Grado Labs' Alessandro MS-1 headphones = AWESOME!!! :D

im a noob in terms of techonology. dont ask my the difference between an xbox and play station.

okay, i do knw a little diff, some thing about xbox has a usb port or smtg okay now im a noob.

OMG! SIGNED BY THEM? :O luckynyahhhhhhhhh!

but why didn't nathan sign it? his voice is brilliant as backing vocals!

the inner sleeves are different? :thinking:

i have mika's latest album, malaysian edition, and the inner sleeves are a lot.

oh yes, i read that one member left the band, replaced by another member. is there any difference in the music then?

bassist right?

im a noob in terms of techonology. dont ask my the difference between an xbox and play station.

okay, i do knw a little diff, some thing about xbox has a usb port or smtg okay now im a noob.

OMG! SIGNED BY THEM? :O luckynyahhhhhhhhh!

but why didn't nathan sign it? his voice is brilliant as backing vocals!

the inner sleeves are different? :thinking:

i have mika's latest album, malaysian edition, and the inner sleeves are a lot.

oh yes, i read that one member left the band, replaced by another member. is there any difference in the music then?

bassist right?

off-topic, but...difference between XBox & Playstation, in layman terms :

XBox = Microsoft

Playstation = Sony

;)

i dunno...i'm guessing that's one way to cut cost for the albums/CDs. i have Kaiser Chiefs' 'Yours Truly, Angry Mob' & James Morrison's 'Undiscovered' which are "Special Singapore Edition". both have just a simple 2-page inner sleeve. sads. :thinking:

as for why Nathan didn't sign it...........he ran off so fast back into the back alley he came from that when i was done taking photos & stuff with Paul (i still haven't figured this one out, but why is he called "Pablo" or "Pabs" by the guys? :confused: ) & Jonny, he was gone. :disappointed:

anyway, yeah, the original bassist & co-founding member, Mark, left like some time after Final Straw was released...i think. but i personally don't think there's a big difference in sound on the albums from the change in bassists. dunno about live performances tho...cos Paul didn't actually play bass guitar until SP recruited him. (darn these naturally gifted musicians! :P )

off-topic, but...difference between XBox & Playstation, in layman terms :

XBox = Microsoft

Playstation = Sony

;)

i dunno...i'm guessing that's one way to cut cost for the albums/CDs. i have Kaiser Chiefs' 'Yours Truly, Angry Mob' & James Morrison's 'Undiscovered' which are "Special Singapore Edition". both have just a simple 2-page inner sleeve. sads. :thinking:

as for why Nathan didn't sign it...........he ran off so fast back into the back alley he came from that when i was done taking photos & stuff with Paul (i still haven't figured this one out, but why is he called "Pablo" or "Pabs" by the guys? :confused: ) & Jonny, he was gone. :disappointed:

anyway, yeah, the original bassist & co-founding member, Mark, left like some time after Final Straw was released...i think. but i personally don't think there's a big difference in sound on the albums from the change in bassists. dunno about live performances tho...cos Paul didn't actually play bass guitar until SP recruited him. (darn these naturally gifted musicians! :P )

Also for Final Straw, they had Iain Archer on as a full-time member of the band to play guitar ;)

Also for Final Straw, they had Iain Archer on as a full-time member of the band to play guitar ;)

speaking of Iain, after the show in Bristol he drove a VW Polo (i think) & mounted the curb pretty close to me when he drove towards where i was to pick up Miriam...i was like "what the hell's this guy doing???", then i saw Miriam getting into the car a couple of minutes later. & i realised who the driver was. d'oh. :P