🌙 COLDPLAY ANNOUNCE MOON MUSIC OUT OCTOBER 4TH 🎵

The Snow Patrol Thread

fifi

• Replies 6.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

aw, you're not going to go, Bianca? I read thru the thread pretty quickly (it was a lot to catch up on!) I guess I just assumed you were going. :(

Everybody supposed so because I'd love to go seeing it's precisely one year after my first Snow Patrol concert. And Elena considers going and wants me to come too but I fear that won't happen. Nothing's for sure yet, but as I said, I don't really see it happen.

Damn it. :(

It was also played on American Idol this week.:D

:stunned:really?? did someone sing it, or did they just play it over video?

Everybody supposed so because I'd love to go seeing it's precisely one year after my first Snow Patrol concert. And Elena considers going and wants me to come too but I fear that won't happen. Nothing's for sure yet, but as I said, I don't really see it happen.

Damn it. :(

:sad: Oh, I hope it works out that you can go! :hug:

They added an extra date on June first. :thinking:

I might've caved. :wacky:

Edit: from SP site

PATROL TO PLAY AMSTERDAM SHOW! ** SECOND SHOW ADDED AND BOTH SOLD OUT***

Tickets for the show went on sale at 10am (CET) this morning and sold out within minutes, a second show has since been added but that too sold out with minutes of going on sale.

So who got tickets? :D

A friend of mine already got our tickets on Wednesday, so yay, I'm definitely going on the 31st! :dance: I think that I'll need some time to realise that I'm really going to see the lads THAT soon again! :cheesy: :wacky:

It's a shame we didn't know about the second show at that time and that it's already sold out... Well, I'd have had to talk about that with my parents a little bit more in detail anyway... :rolleyes: But two shows in a row would definitely rock, so... Nothing's impossible anyway considering my insanity that probably can't be beaten... :rolleyes::laugh3:

I have a ticket for the 31st (couldn't resist the pre-sale :sweatdrop:). If they do a Reworked set, I'll definitely go and if they don't I'm not sure yet. My finals start that week so I'll have to see whether that works out. :nice:

And I must say, I'm kind of surprised tickets sold out this fast, so I'm glad the gigs aren't at a bigger venue.

It's gonna be my fifth concert in Amsterdam in May. :dozey:

I don't think that it'll be one of those reworked gigs as I rather doubt that they'll (be able to) gather all the other musicians together again for only those two shows... Not that I would mind if they DID a reworked show because the reworked gig in London was the best I've ever attended! :heart: Their "normal" gigs are already beyond words as well, but hearing the reworked versions of their songs is just a wee bit more special. ;) Plus the set'd probably be much longer (therefore you'd get to hear even more songs and enjoy the guys' talent even longer!) which is a nice side effect, isn't it? ;)

Well, there's still the possibility of shouting out to Gary as he sometimes really grants the wishes and listens to what you have to say. :lol: I know one time a couple wished for Olive Grove and another time someone asked for Gleaming Auction and they played it even though they hadn't played it for 5 years (that's at least what Gary said :lol:).

But even if he listened to you, it'd still depend on whether he's able to remember how to play the song on the guitar and (even more important in his case :rolleyes:) remember the lyrics properly. :laugh3:

Some days ago I heard the reworked version of Shut Your Eyes and I didn't like it at all. I don't really like the reworked songs much although I have to say Set Fire To The Third Bar has something about it in the country version.

Just try and request a song, Gary can't do more than ignore your shout. And I guess he always gets more excited when someone wishes to hear a song from the first two albums as he says apporoximately five people bought them all in all. :lol:

You guys will be in the front row anyway, so you've got the power to request a song! :smug: :D

You're right, I don't really mind what they're going to play, either. I mean, of course I can think of songs I'd kill for if I could hear them live (like... Warmer Climate & The Lightning Strike), but actually I'm alright with almost anything. :wacky:

And I totally agree! Gary's interaction with the crowd is something I really love about them! It's hard to describe, but I think there's hardly anyone who's as good in captivating the audience as Gary. He's just SO into it! :cheesy:

By the way, Jo, have you seen the infamous "The Proposal"-video from one of the shows in London? Absolutely priceless. :laugh3: