🌙 COLDPLAY ANNOUNCE MOON MUSIC OUT OCTOBER 4TH 🎵

The Snow Patrol Thread

fifi

• Replies 6.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bianca, seriously... This sounds like I'm violent or something. :P :lol: You know, I was only able to "show" those girls their "limits" because you helped me... I'm not much of a "fighter", really... :\ However, we will make it to the front row somehow, simply because the amazing CP & SP-Karma is with us. :D

Jo, yeah, he was really chatty that night! But he talked a whole lot the other night as well when I saw them. Actually, he's been really talkative on the whole reworked tour, I think. (-> Another striking argument for a reworked show :D)

Oh, Elena, everybody knows how I meant that. :hug: You're not violent or something, you just know how to go your way. :D And those girls were freaking stupid, you wouldn't have needed me to keep them away - I didn't even hear anything before you mentioned it. :lol:

I'll be working on my CP and SP altar all night when you're there to make sure you'll have one of the nights of your life! :dance: (And for everybody: I won't really build an altar ...)

I don't think it was about the reworked tour that Gary talked more, I think it was because they finally let him talk seeing that they had more than two hours to fill on their own. :rolleyes:

I'm hoping again that they won't do a reworked set because I'v never seen them so I would like to see the songs in their original form ;)

my end of year exams are on the previous week and probably not on that week (I'm praying that they're not on that week :sick:) so it'll be a nice blow out and then summer holiday starts that weeks saturday as well so it would be one awesome week! :P

i'd never seen them live before their Reworked gig in Bristol last year & i was on my own, but i still loved it! well, i think the fact that it turned out to be almost 3hrs of just Snow Patrol helped loads. especially given how much i had to pay for it. :D

Jo, yeah, he was really chatty that night! But he talked a whole lot the other night as well when I saw them. Actually, he's been really talkative on the whole reworked tour, I think. (-> Another striking argument for a reworked show :D)

agreed! he was pretty chatty in Bristol too... :)

tho i did read an interview somewhere where the guys admitted they felt they didn't do a good job winning the crowd at Brighton so they upped their game for Bristol, being the 2nd stop on the tour then.

Did they play Black and Blue during the reworked tour? I'd rather hear that one than 10 new songs, honestly! It's just sooooo awesome.. :wacky:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P9flU_pc6Gg]Snow Patrol - Black and Blue[/ame]:heart:

SHEEEEEEEHEEEEEE REEEEEHEEEESCUEEES MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Oh, Elena, everybody knows how I meant that. :hug: You're not violent or something, you just know how to go your way. :D And those girls were freaking stupid, you wouldn't have needed me to keep them away - I didn't even hear anything before you mentioned it. :lol:

I'll be working on my CP and SP altar all night when you're there to make sure you'll have one of the nights of your life! :dance: (And for everybody: I won't really build an altar ...)

Aww, that was very kindly said! :hug:

@fietssleutel: I love that song as well! :) But I don't think they played it during the reworked tour... :\ But they did play Batten down the hatch, Making Enemies, Starfighter Pilot (:cheesy:), Fifteen Minutes old and perhaps some others as well. :)

@mc_squared: I really hope that, too. But to be honest, I rather doubt it since they did quite a lot of gigs here last year... I think they did those 5 gigs in May/June, the other three gigs in July and also the shows with U2... :\

It might be old news, but:

"Details of Lightbody's injury have now been released. The Snow Patrol singer's jaw was actually dislocated rather than broken. It was "brought on by an old injury and will require immediate medical treatment". As for the Music Ireland Meteor Awards, tickets are now sold out."

http://www.ireland.com/goingout/Meteor_Performance_Pulled_After_Lightbody_Breaks_Jaw_Updated/maxi/fast/news/irnews/S41567

Is that true? Sounds painfull. Wonder how it happened

Not having a ticket, maybe, Jo? :lol:

If I could, I'd probably go anyway and I would bring you drinks and food while all of you are queuing and I would wait for the boys outside. Don't you hear the music from outside the venue, too? :thinking: (Not that I was allowed to even consider going ...)

She could also get a ticket right at the venue. Elena got a better ticket for her concert in London there as well.

Even though it's a proper building with a roof you can hear the music because they won't be that silent, will they?

Anyway, nothing I should be thinking about, really. :\

Umm...WTF? Re-releasing earlier singles isn't unheard of in the music world, but I'm surprised to see a new video for it as well. On that note, I think I like the original video better. :\

Maybe it'll give the Leona Lewis fans another chance to hear Run in its original form. :dozey:

Speaking of SP re-releases/remakes, I can't decide which version of Olive Grove I like better. Obviously the vocals are stronger for the Up To Now release, but I kinda like the chorus instrumental better in the original. Meh, I like both of 'em.

Errrm, sorry, but Run, now? :uhoh:

Slowly I start to not see the point anymore. Of course I love to see something new (or remade) of the Patrollers, but first the four gigs this year with the Take Back The Cities and Reworked Tour being finished and now the rerelease of Run with a new video?

No question, I like the first video better but the new one isn't bad. The director overdid some effects, but there are some good moments captured. It's weird to hear the Final Straw version and see Gary in his Reworked Tour outfit though. :D

And @ Michael: I bet with you the Leona Lewis fans will think now that Snow Patrol covered her song. :lol:

@fietssleutel: I love that song as well! :) But I don't think they played it during the reworked tour... :\ But they did play Batten down the hatch, Making Enemies, Starfighter Pilot (:cheesy:), Fifteen Minutes old and perhaps some others as well. :)
Ooh, I'd want to hear those as well! :awesome: I LOVE Batten Down The Hatch. I think I should listen to WIAOWSHTCU again soon. :nice:

Errrm, sorry, but Run, now? :uhoh:

Slowly I start to not see the point anymore.

Are you trying to say it's run it's course?:rolleyes:

And @ Michael: I bet with you the Leona Lewis fans will think now that Snow Patrol covered her song. :lol:

Only if they're brain-deads.:dozey:

:angry: that makes me really mad

and even more when they think leona's version is better!

come on she's one of those artists that just oversing something and show off

with those, sometimes exagerated, vocals that don't even have the feeling

the sincerity of the words uttered by the original writer.

:rolleyes: sorry I got pissed off.

:angry: that makes me really mad

and even more when they think leona's version is better!

come on she's one of those artists that just oversing something and show off

with those, sometimes exagerated, vocals that don't even have the feeling

the sincerity of the words uttered by the original writer.

:rolleyes: sorry I got pissed off.

That's OK, it's perfectly understandable in the circumstances.;)

Anybody who actually believes Leona's version is better is obviously detached from reality.

I don't think she ruined it, but that's not the point.:dozey: