🌙 COLDPLAY ANNOUNCE MOON MUSIC OUT OCTOBER 4TH 🎵

The Snow Patrol Thread

fifi

Aurélie, we must be sisters or something!!! :stunned: :hug:

The post on the last page scared me a bit actually!

Exactly my opinion as well!!!

Matthew Goode and Ryan Gosling... you're a fan of them as well.

I don't need to mention our current Biffy obsession, do I? :heart:

• Replies 6.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Love your answers ladies!!! I'm noding on every pic, quote.... :awesome:

01. First Snow Patrol song you heard Chasing Cars...(on grey's anatomy even if I discover a little later that 'run' sounded familiar...)

02. Favorite Snow Patrol song...at the moment: You could be happy

03. Favorite song/s from Snow Patrol’s first 3 albums: 15 minutes old

04. Favorite song from Final Straw: Same

05. Favorite song from Eyes Open: You could be happy

06. Favorite song from A Hundred Million Suns: The planets bend between us

07. Favorite song from Up to Now: Give me strength

08. Favorite Snow Patrol band member: the Lightbody..dah!

09. Favorite Snow Patrol former band member: Iain Archer

10. Favorite band picture

snowpatrolsnowpatrol.jpg

11. Favorite performance: Run @V festival 2009

12. Favorite music video

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=11KD3gN6Bus]YouTube - Snow Patrol - Signal Fire[/ame]

13. Favorite picture of Gary Lightbody

35887404242205171389634.jpg

(the Lightbody in all its glory....broad smile and looking stupid..ADORKABLE :heart: )

14. Favorite picture of Nathan Connolly

nathan_connolly.jpg

15. Favorite picture of Paul Wilson

vlcsnap-56680-1.jpg

16. Favorite picture of Jonny Quinn: same as everybody :heart:

17. Favorite picture of Tom Simpson

SPEO3.jpg

18. Favorite Snow Patrol lyric: 'We need to feel breathless with love and not collapsed under its weight'

19. Favorite quote by a Snow Patrol member: " May the penguin of happiness take up home in your fridge" - Gary Lightbody

ahaha AMEN SISTER *high5* :D

Little bit of info: From Rigsy's Twitter (twitter.com/rigsy):

gary lightbody will be DJing with me at the sketchy christmas party - 23rd december. gary's an awesome party DJ so should be fun!!

Apparently it'll be £5 at The Stiff Kitten. More about Sketchy: http://www.sketchyclub.com/index.php

Wow, the man will be very busy during the holidays...! No day off for Christmas AND NYE... :confused: You need to take some rest babe!! :whip:

[unspoilered]

actor Matthew Goode

Leap-Year-Matthew.jpg

[/unspoilered]

I'll stop here but you get my point :D

ooooh....Matthew Goode....Matthew Goode as the scruffy heartbroken Irishman with beautiful Irish but inaccurately located settings in Leap Year... *melts* :wacky:

i swear, the only reason i still rewatch that movie countless times is just for Matthew Goode + the Irish settings...pure eye candy motivated :P

& i'm all for beardy guys.........but not full beards. just the stubbly not-quite-full-grown kind that you've showcased in the spoilers + Gary picspam. there's just something about the scruffy "i didn't care to shave" look for me... :wacky:

Mon The Biffy!!! ;)

btw, i know this is still pretty OT, but you reminded me of the cartoon trailer i saw in the cinema today & last week...James McAvoy as a garden gnome called Gnomeo!?!?!?! :laugh3:

Snow Patrol Challenge

01. First Snow Patrol song you heard~ Chocolate

02. Favorite Snow Patrol song, at the moment~ An Olive Grove Facing to The Sea

03. Favorite song/s from Snow Patrol’s first 3 albums~ It's the beginning to get to me

04. Favorite song from Final Straw~ How to be Dead

05. Favorite song from Eyes Open~It's the beginning to get to me

06. Favorite song from A Hundred Million Suns~ The Lightning Strike

07. Favorite song from Up to Now~Dark Roman Wine

08. Favorite Snow Patrol band member~ Gary

09. Favorite Snow Patrol former band member~ Non

10. Favorite band picture~

37971_snow_patrol.jpg

11. Favorite performance~Run in Oxegen

12. Favorite music video~

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fk1Q9y6VVy0&feature=artist]YouTube - Snow Patrol - Open Your Eyes[/ame]

13. Favorite picture of Gary Lightbody~

Gary_Lightbody_in_2008.jpg

14. Favorite picture of Nathan Connolly~

article-1238254-079F57B1000005DC-266_306x423.jpg

15. Favorite picture of Paul Wilson~

pablo.jpg

16. Favorite picture of Jonny Quinn~

SnowPatrol_GaryJohnandGrace.jpg

17. Favorite picture of Tom Simpson~

Snow+Patrol+Arriving+Perth+Airport+SKE5mhNP7_Ol.jpg

18. Favorite Snow Patrol lyric~ We need to feel breathless with love and not collapsed under its weight

19. Favorite quote by a Snow Patrol member~ can't decide :thinking:

For your eyes only....Found two awesome tumblr account with beautiful pics, quote etc....

On the band

http://fuckyeah-snowpatrol.tumblr.com/

On our favorite frontman (I love the name of the account...sum up it well...: FUCK YEAH GARY LIGHTBODY :D )

http://fuckyeahgarylightbody.tumblr.com/

&

http://garylightbody.tumblr.com/

Banters: http://www.tumblr.com/tagged/Gary+banter and the first one is the robot pal from RAH....Need to be quoted :

“This little camera makes me laugh, it looks like a little robot. Can you turn around and face everybody? He’s my little robot pal, say hello! Here, robot pal, come back, to the left, to the left! Right. Go down, look at those two seats down there, those two empty ones. Go down. Look at the two seats down there, right? I want you to laser them when they get here. Do you have lasers? Yes, he does, look at that! These guys are dead! He doesn’t really have lasers. Just to be clear. You don’t have lasers, do you? *giggling* I promise you this was not rehearsed. I promise you! I didn’t even know he could do that. That’s awesome. I’m gonna have so much fun. WE’RE gonna have so much fun together, aren’t we, robot pal? I want a robot pal every day.”

:lol:

ooooh....Matthew Goode....Matthew Goode as the scruffy heartbroken Irishman with beautiful Irish but inaccurately located settings in Leap Year... *melts* :wacky:

i swear, the only reason i still rewatch that movie countless times is just for Matthew Goode + the Irish settings...pure eye candy motivated :P

Same here :lol:

& i'm all for beardy guys.........but not full beards. just the stubbly not-quite-full-grown kind that you've showcased in the spoilers + Gary picspam. there's just something about the scruffy "i didn't care to shave" look for me... :wacky:

EXACTLY!!!

Mon The Biffy!!! ;)

Oh yeah!! :smug:

@Ying: I hesitate to put the same picture group....love that one! (and all the serie of photos going with that photoshoot)

-edit---------------------

Look who's confirmed for Rock in Rio 2011 :awesome: http://garylightbody.wordpress.com/2010/11/17/snow-patrol-confirmed-for-rock-in-rio-2011/

And so is RHCP! SP and RHCP at the same festval. It would be a perfect day for me

Same here :bomb: (even if I still mourn the departure of John Frusciante :bigcry: )

Digging in the ooooold vid....Vintage gL from 2001! He looks like a baby :blush: (ITV with a pint in his hand....ahhhh the good old screw up Gary :lol: )

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dJF03CxHmK0]YouTube - Snow Patrol - 'No Disco' Interview[/ame]

Same here :bomb: (even if I still mourn the departure of John Frusciante :bigcry: )

yeah, me too :blank: RHCP will never be the same without John. But i have big expectations for Josh. I hope i'm not gonna be too disappointed

/wrong thread

Digging in the ooooold vid....Vintage gL from 2001! He looks like a baby :blush: (ITV with a pint in his hand....ahhhh the good old screw up Gary :lol: )

Is it just only me, but i find 2006-present Gary waaaay more atractive...he looks cute here...but...i dunno

yeah, me too :blank: RHCP will never be the same without John. But i have big expectations for Josh. I hope i'm not gonna be too disappointed

/wrong thread

I don't know Josh's style so I have no opinion...Just hope he'll work well with the others and bring a new dynamic/sound to the band...

Is it just only me, but i find 2006-present Gary waaaay more atractive...he looks cute here...but...i dunno

It's not just you :p gL is like wine, he's more handsome as years go by...

Oh my god, GL banter makes my day. :heart:

gL banters always does... :heart:

Somewhere a clock is ticking... :laugh2: Look what they sell on ebay... :facepalm:

5173585228_d752b6f65a.jpg

First, it would have been nice to have THE BAND but this pic...seriously?!! :laugh3:

I don't know Josh's style so I have no opinion...Just hope he'll work well with the others and bring a new dynamic/sound to the band...

john was kind of josh's teacher. he was josh's idol/inspiration, so i guess it's not gonna be too different. i mean he's already in the band, so i dont think that the other guys would do the same mistake as chosing dave navarro...:thinking:

It's not just you :p gL is like wine, he's more handsome as years go by...

haha good one :lol:

Somewhere a clock is ticking... :laugh2: Look what they sell on ebay... :facepalm:

5173585228_d752b6f65a.jpg

First, it would have been nice to have THE BAND but this pic...seriously?!! :laugh3:

I guess they chose this pic because of his hand position :lol: though it might be a bit confusing, if it's let's say it's 12 o'clock. you still would be looking at gary's hand (4 something) :lol:

I guess they chose this pic because of his hand position :lol: though it might be a bit confusing, if it's let's say it's 12 o'clock. you still would be looking at gary's hand (4 something) :lol:

I'm starting to imagine a clock where gL's arms would be moving to tell you the time... :laugh3:

*goes to update Facebook status* :escaping:

I love that quote! :D That was one of his signature for one of his blog on SP.com. I had it in my sig for while, but I changed it for the one I have now (I couldn't put 3 quotes, was too long :/)

I'm starting to imagine a clock where gL's arms would be moving to tell you the time... :laugh3:

That would definately be.....freakishly disturbing :stunned:

:lol:

I love that quote! That was one of his signature for one of his blog on SP.com. I had it in my sig for while, but I changed it for the one I have now (I couldn't put 3 quotes, was too long :/)

Can i put it in mine? :wacko:

Can i put it in mine? :wacko:

Sure! I don't own gL's wisdom :lol:

Look what I've found!!! :shocked2: A promo video of Hands Open! I've never seen this before!!

http://fuckyeah-snowpatrol.tumblr.com/post/1063105081/catastrophewaitress-cannot-believe-youtube

(dunno how to extract it....downloadhelper's not working... :/)

And another thing I had never seen before....

tumblr_l893iiR3Lh1qbz44ho1_500.jpg

I really like tumblr :D

O

M

G

!

I LOVE IT

Yeah right?! :bomb:

How we've never seen this before?!!! They should have release this as a proper music video!! It remind me of the Planets between us vid (you know, the way they tear up the screen). It's brilliant! When I see some of their music vids that are just :dozey: (Just say yes for example which is just a visual traumatism...the boys with white spacy suits and that awefull decorum... :facepalm: ) I can't believe they left some thing like that unreleased! :whip:

wich album would you guys recommend me to start listening to this band?

i know absolutely nothing about they :lol:

Maybe Up to now?! It's not really an 'album' but it's a collection of their most known songs, so I guess it's a good start :) Here's a really well made commercial about it:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FUAfZiTz6MM]YouTube - Snow Patrol Up To Now[/ame]

Then when you're familiar with that one, try maybe 'Eyes open' or 'Final straw' then 'A Hundred millions suns' and finish with the first two albums ('Songs for Polabears' and 'When it's all over we still have to clear up') cause they are quite different from their actual sound .

Hope that will help you! Don't be afraid to come in here to tell us about your discoveries ^^