✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

The Snow Patrol Thread

fifi

:D, I would've loved to've been there when Jonny realized there was a bat under his pillow. :P

+10000000000000 :lol:

i wonder how Jonny handled the situation. personally, i'd freak out...in my own not-showing-it way. :P

the idea of 5 grown men freaking out over an equally panicked bat has got to be a bloody hilarious sight! :laugh3:

• Replies 6.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i wonder how Jonny handled the situation. personally, i'd freak out...in my own not-showing-it way. :P

the idea of 5 grown men freaking out over an equally panicked bat has got to be a bloody hilarious sight! :laugh3:

I think that Jonny must have handle the thing with his usual self-control and coolness...Tom could have laugh hard, as well as Pablo and Nathan, well a mix between Jonny's self-control and Gary's freak out XD

Live from Copenhagen in 2009 @Vega theater in streaming.

Contains great show, funny banters, Richard & Troy <3, forgotten lyrics and a great blue t-shirt <3...

http://www.vegaplayer.dk/index.jsp?id=940538AA-8954-6D58-EBB9-89A792FC1C4E

Enjoy!

They should have put up the video :whip:

Review of Arthur's day in the latest edition of Hotpress Magazine. Snow Patrol is under the Storehouse section. I cracked up at the line "Having devoted a goodly part of his life drinking the black stuff, it seemed appropriate that Gary Lightbody should raise the pint of Guinness that officialy kicked off this year's Arthur's day party'. :laugh3: so true...and they should maybe give him a special medal or something cause he made them richer than ever... :dozey: :lol:

Hotpress1.jpg

Hotpress2.jpg

:lol:, I think he probably does hold the world record for most Guinness ever consumed. :P

Yeah, he said in Q that he was drinking about 30 pints of Guinness on a 3-day bender...!! And as you see on the pics, Paolo Nutini is sadly following his footsteps.. :/

On more happy side, here the AVO session from 2009 (thx to the lovely people from TTB, what we would be without them?!)

386094.png

link: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=M742H55I

and a little ITV of gL praising LCD soundstystem (I think this vid is from last year...judging from his haircut and his Kellog's t-shirt)

http://zikkir.com/et/46735

*cute*

:D, I'm loving the Kellog's shirt. It's Grrrrreat! :P

+100000000000

I've watched the gig, it's ACE!! No much banters but the few ones are priceless :D I think he broke the record of saying the F word in that session XD...At one moment, he even said that they will edit it for TV but they clearly didn't :lol:

The funnier stuff is when he's singing on the lap of that dude (see photo above) and the guy doesn't know the lyrics so Gary made fun of him...and 30 sec later, that's Gary who's forgottent them :facepalm: *boomerang effect* :laugh3:

My favorite quote of that show is when he said: Where is the joy in life without singing out loud ?!!

I certainly live by that rule :smug:

They should have put up the video :whip:

Review of Arthur's day in the latest edition of Hotpress Magazine. Snow Patrol is under the Storehouse section. I cracked up at the line "Having devoted a goodly part of his life drinking the black stuff, it seemed appropriate that Gary Lightbody should raise the pint of Guinness that officialy kicked off this year's Arthur's day party'. :laugh3: so true...and they should maybe give him a special medal or something cause he made them richer than ever... :dozey: :lol:

:facepalm: but *lol* that line is "pure comedy gold" (as Gary himself'd put it)!

hmmm...come to think of it, the book of world records is Guinness' idea/property anyway. wonder if his name's on it for most pints of Guinness drunk (w/o ending up in a hospital due to alcohol poisoning). :dozey:

btw, doesn't our guy look frigging overjoyed to be holding that pint of Guinness there? :P

& allow me to end with....Kellogg's t-shirt FTW!!! :laugh3:

(& i just realised that i've used at least 1 smiley per line on this post...go me! :D <--- cheesy grin)

& allow me to end with....Kellogg's t-shirt FTW!!! :laugh3:

Yeah! :D This t-shirt is my top3 of Gary's silly shirt list. My favorite being

garytitanictshir.jpg

:laugh3: dark humour FTW!

Here some vintage SP!! An accoustic session from 2004 (Run, SG and Wow +a cover), streaming here:

http://www.kexp.org/live/liveperformance.aspx?rID=14070

I love Wow in accoustic :smug:

D'aww, great, inappropriate shirt. :D

It's awesome! DON'T EVER CHANGE GARY!!!

Have been nice ladies?!...a friend of mine who got the gigantic Up to Now box set rip me the audio of ENTIRE little noise session from 2007 @Union Chapel (we only had CC and Run on the regular Up to now CD), AND WITH THE BANTERS :bomb: Gary is in top form, it's just COLLECTOR and the songs are gorgeous!

snowpatrol582316.jpg

Link to heaven: http://www.coldplaying.com/forum/showpost.php?p=4490828&postcount=662

ENJOY :cool:

^^ haha...yeah, it is! i know that family loves going on cruises, but i'd have thought that that'd be even more reason not to have a bell that says HMS Titanic on it. :dozey:

btw, Aurelie, is that the Union Chapel stuff from CD 3 of Up To Now? if it is, then it's kinda short of a couple of tracks, actually. tho the missing tracks are available from some of the AHMS singles or fan bootlegs. links should be in the SP MM thread, if they are still alive & kicking.

there's some great banter in those Union Chapel tracks... :D

Aurélie, I copied your post to the MM thread and edited your post here with a link to the SP MM thread. :nice:

:shame: thanks Anna :kiss:

btw, Aurelie, is that the Union Chapel stuff from CD 3 of Up To Now? if it is, then it's kinda short of a couple of tracks, actually. tho the missing tracks are available from some of the AHMS singles or fan bootlegs. links should be in the SP MM thread, if they are still alive & kicking.

Yeah, that's CD3 from the box set (10 tracks). A friend of mine bought it, so she ripped it for me (I've only bought the 'deluxe edition 2CD+DVD). Didn't know the session was longer...I'll try to find the missing ones! Thx Kimi ^^

This is no news since it's from 2006 but, here a little ITV of Nathan where he explains his deep love for...STAR WARS :D. This is pretty cute (and I agree with him Empire is the best of the serie!).

http://www.starwars.com/community/news/rocks/news20060224.html

I laugh at that quote: "I collect things like Star Wars lollipops, the original cards, and PEZ."... :laugh3: Now I know what to offer him after a show: a Star wars lollipop :lol:

I would have expect this kind of ITV from Gary since he's the one always wearing Star wars t-shirts...

snow-patrol-spiting-games.jpg

5132862.jpg

vlcsnap86274.jpg

:laugh3:

:shame: thanks Anna :kiss:

Yeah, that's CD3 from the box set (10 tracks). A friend of mine bought it, so she ripped it for me (I've only bought the 'deluxe edition 2CD+DVD). Didn't know the session was longer...I'll try to find the missing ones! Thx Kimi ^^

i have 1 or 2 of the missing ones, actually. just need to work out which one it is & i can upload it somewhere then.

I would have expect this kind of ITV from Gary since he's the one always wearing Star wars t-shirts...

snow-patrol-spiting-games.jpg

5132862.jpg

vlcsnap86274.jpg

:laugh3:

ah, the Star Wars Rocks section of starwars.com! love reading the interviews there! :D

from what i know (or can work out), Nathan & Paul & Gary are the Star Wars fans of the band. & Nathan's the bigger/biggest Star Wars fan of the 5. Paul collects Star Wars figurines too. &, well, evidently Gary likes Star Wars related graphic tees. tho he still can't beat my super cool Star Wars/M&Ms M-pire tee (it's the blue M&M as Boba Fett)... :smug: :P

eh, wait...there are STAR WARS LOLLIPOPS??? :shocked2:

Star wars t-shirts are the best!! As for the lollipops, there is a shop in London (near Coven garden) where they sell all kind of candy with Simpson/Star wars/Hello Kitty package XD

but I don't come here for that: GARY BLOGGED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The man is back, funny (and hammered XD) as ever!!

http://www.snowpatrol.com/forum/default.aspx?cid=28&tid=451575

The meat restaurant anecdote reminded of Alex Kapranos (Franz Ferdinand) one. Alex wrote a book about 'eating on tour' where he shared anecdotes related to food and restaurants on the road and there is a chapter about that kind of brazilian restaurant, it's very similar in its description... :D

Anyway, they seem to be in party mode, all of them....I wonder if Jonny had been indeed attacked by a (polar)bear... :laugh3:

But my favorite quote:

Hope I have more in the months to come as we make the album of our lives. (...)

Back to LA on Monday though for clean living by the sea, the reconnection with our marbles and the formation of what I hope to be our masterpiece.

:awesome: I have never seen him so enthousiastic about an album before...He's really confident about its 'awesomeness'...Ahhhh I don't want to get my hopes up too much (in case it's not that great) but I can't help it... :rolleyes: :dance:

I’ll post when I have something to say. Or I have nonsense to say. Or both. With me one does not rule out the other.

Oh yes, post even if you have nonsense to say PLEASE!

simply cos i'm a football (not necessarily a Brazil football team) fan: I LOVE HIS BLOG TITLE!!! hahaha

i've only had them Brazillian barbeque buffets twice, but not in Brazil. & he's got the experience spot on (& the same for when ordering tapas...good food = over order! *lol*)! they are death by meat, i tell you! :inquisitive: & it's easy to forget that the only way you can stop them carving up more of the selection of very delicious looking meats (cos i love my meats...not human meat tho...haha...don't think i didn't notice that, Gary! :sneaky: ) onto your plate is to make sure your beer mat's on the red ‘please stop bringing me meat for the love of god’ side. :dizzy:

obviously i didn't quite learn my lesson from the 1st time round, hence how i ended up having it again... :P

wonder what in the world they did whilst hammered to end up with cuts & bruises & Jonny bearing paw marks. must've been 1 helluva night out... :laugh3:

they must be partying it up big time in expectation of having to go into "clean living" mode when back in LA!

& i agree with you, he seems to be REALLY confident about the next LP. :inquisitive: personally, i think the less i know about an album or how awesome it's going to be, the more i'll love it cos my expectation isn't sky high. but i suppose they've got all the experience/mentoring from the past 2yrs or so touring with the biggest bands around (U2, Coldplay), the stuff they've been listening to lately, & what Gary learnt working with the ppl that make up Tired Pony, etc. to draw creative inspiration from to make it a masterpiece. so here's hoping it'll turn out great! :D

& yes, more nonsense...or just anything that's on your mind to blog about, Gary! :D

& i agree with you, he seems to be REALLY confident about the next LP. :inquisitive: personally, i think the less i know about an album or how awesome it's going to be, the more i'll love it cos my expectation isn't sky high. but i suppose they've got all the experience/mentoring from the past 2yrs or so touring with the biggest bands around (U2, Coldplay), the stuff they've been listening to lately, & what Gary learnt working with the ppl that make up Tired Pony, etc. to draw creative inspiration from to make it a masterpiece. so here's hoping it'll turn out great! :D

+1000000000000 Plus, if he keeps his promise, he won't write about himself so...big change indeed!

And I agree with you, the less you know, the better the surprise...! But I know myself, I'm just soooo curious, I can't help reading ITV and stuff... :shame:

I really hope he'll write from the studio more often that what he's been blogging lately....(he's our R#42 after all... :P) Now we have to wait patiently...*hum*...Hopefully we'll have some videos from Brazil soon!! :dance:

/BUMP!!

Nice ITV from Brazil with gL and Pablo <3 (and the return of the Elwood t-shirt...XD)

http://video.br.msn.com/watch/video/exclusivo-msn-entrevista-snow-patrol/66eyjfmg?from=sharepermalink

I like Gary's comment on people asking songs during show and him panicking because he don't remember how to play it... :lol: But it's nice how they keep playing songs that people asked for... :heart:

And Pablo lurks on websites.... :wink3:

There are vids and pics of the Brazilian show on TTB main page :)

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yvip2gz0Dus]YouTube - Snow Patrol - Open Your Eyes (Live, Natura Nós, São Paulo)[/ame]

Still got the vest on festivals...it's Brazil man, why the vest?!!