🌙 COLDPLAY ANNOUNCE MOON MUSIC OUT OCTOBER 4TH 🎵

The Snow Patrol Thread

fifi

• Replies 6.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

as i've said on Twitter to Aurelie & Virginie, can you imagine Gary's "inner dance monkey" moves on a VLV-style iTunes ad? :wink3:

if any of you are wondering, this thought was inspired by the amount of Apple products in that main image...i spotted 2 Macbook Pros, 2 iPhones, 1 iPad in there + i'm fairly sure that computer behind Jacknife Lee is running a Mac OSX :P

& while we're at it, can i have that pair of AKG headphones you're holding, Gary? i promise i'll take gooooooood care of it! :D

btw, any of you got an email from SP (or Universal Music, rather) to do a survey about your online habits?

well, admittedly i was looking at the photo on the actual magazine...it's harder to spot the Apple gadgets on the scan. on the mag's image, you can also see that Jonny's very likely Facebook-ing on his iPhone (not that many apps out there with a dark blue header & white body). ;)

@a-chan i decided to do the survey the email mentioned...i don't really need another Up To Now boxset if i do somehow end up winning it. ...but i was curious what it's about. & from the questions, it sounds like they're looking into coming up with another iPhone app (yay! :D) & maybe improving on what we get to see/do on SP.com for when the new album is released.

and what about those who doesn't have an iphone :bigcry: but I wonder what they'll do with the SP site with the new album *w* I don't find the actual one very 'attractive'...the only section I like are Bradley archive pic galery and the my.sp thing where gL explain the tracks of AHMS...

Hey, :curtain: I haven't been here for a while!

I've received my copy of Q today and read the article of course. hehe

They said it doesn't sound like the things they've done before... as long as they won't release an ETIAW or heavy metal hip hop album I'm very much looking forward to hear the new songs! :dance:

Hey, :curtain: I haven't been here for a while!

I've received my copy of Q today and read the article of course. hehe

They said it doesn't sound like the things they've done before... as long as they won't release an ETIAW or heavy metal hip hop album I'm very much looking forward to hear the new songs! :dance:

*lol* can't imagine Gary rapping!!! or being all screamy & angsty like Linkin Park's Chester!!! :lol:

i'm with the others...whatever "inner dance monkey" sound is, i'm guessing it'll sound something like Just Say Yes.

and what about those who doesn't have an iphone :bigcry: but I wonder what they'll do with the SP site with the new album *w* I don't find the actual one very 'attractive'...the only section I like are Bradley archive pic galery and the my.sp thing where gL explain the tracks of AHMS...

there was a section of the survey asking about what computer & mobile devices i own. & these days there's quite a number of Android owners, so maybe they'll expand beyond Apple mobile devices this time. it'd be a more sensible marketing move to include Android devices anyway, imo.

& yeah, my fave sections on the website are those too. there's not much other interactivity otherwise, aside from the forum. but that feels like quite a closed community the few times i've gone on it. ...then again, i don't think there's been much work done on SP.com for aaaaages already. :dozey:

ANNAAAAAAA :kiss:

there was a section of the survey asking about what computer & mobile devices i own. & these days there's quite a number of Android owners, so maybe they'll expand beyond Apple mobile devices this time. it'd be a more sensible marketing move to include Android devices anyway, imo.

I have an old nokia 3100

nokia3100-124a9789b94e15b.jpg

There isn't any app that will go on that :laugh3: :facepalm:

I liked "Just say yes"!

:thinking: Was that sth like ETIAW for die hard fans? :thinking:

Hey Aurélie!! :kiss:

My colleague at work has a similar phone. Today we forgot a list when we went to buy things on a band's rider and I asked him "don't you have the email with the list on your phone?" and then he held up his mobile and just shook his head. :lol:

I have an old nokia 3100

nokia3100-124a9789b94e15b.jpg

There isn't any app that will go on that :laugh3: :facepalm:

oops! forgot you've got an older gen phone! ...i was also still in "work" mode, evidently! :facepalm:

I liked "Just say yes"!

i quite liked Just Say Yes too. probably more than ETIAW, even after all this time. & i don't recall hating it when i first heard it anyway.

but then i think SP can pull off dancey/clubby tunes better than CP. & i think SP & electronic music is a less abnormal link than CP & electronic music anyway.

I liked "Just say yes"!

I'm an old die hard CP fan and I like ETIAW... :lol: I don't know, maybe because it's summer and I just wanna dance and be happy...It matches my mood right now so I like it. I took it as a "festival" song and I thought it worked well in Arras.

Hey Aurélie!! :kiss:

My colleague at work has a similar phone. Today we forgot a list when we went to buy things on a band's rider and I asked him "don't you have the email with the list on your phone?" and then he held up his mobile and just shook his head. :lol:

hahaha I'm glad I'm not the only 'dinosaur' technology :laugh3:

but then i think SP can pull off dancey/clubby tunes better than CP. & i think SP & electronic music is a less abnormal link than CP & electronic music anyway.

+1 maybe it's due to gL and Tom's clubbing experience?

I actually don't mind using 'dinosaur' technology, seeing the amount of people on the train to work staring at their smartphones/iPads surfing facebook playing games, watching videos is scary. All looking like zombies/clones that have come out from the same factory.

I'm an old die hard CP fan and I like ETIAW... :lol: I don't know, maybe because it's summer and I just wanna dance and be happy...It matches my mood right now so I like it. I took it as a "festival" song and I thought it worked well in Arras.

+1 maybe it's due to gL and Tom's clubbing experience?

yeah, i agree with you. it might be down to the fact that Gary & Tom occasionally do DJ sets when off SP duty. & it may also be that they listen to stuff by Phoenix & LCD Soundsystem who do clubby tunes.

& i like ETIAW too, tho i also did think that it's quite a summery tune. will have to wait until longer down the line like when it's autumn or winter & see if i still feel the same about it.

New SP single, "Called Out in the Dark", to make its first play on Zane Lowe's radio show this Thursday..! :D

Single/EP is going to be released at the start of September..! Excellent news seeing as I wasn't expecting something so soon.. :smug:

I can't wait for thursday now! and I love the look of that pie chart thing in the article, especially the festival anthems part of it. To be honest though I think they will never beat the 4th album Eyes Open but I am really excited to hear this new turn from them. As usual Gary has come up with some beautiful titles and i'm looking forward to discovering my inner dance monkey :D haha. One thing I do agree with in the article is what he said about Snow Patrol having the potential to over take Coldplay in stadium filling performances and to be honest they've earned it! :)