✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Everyday Life LA Shows

DJK

Just saw a "rumor" that the set list is 5 songs - only 1 from Everyday Life album (I won't post rumored set list unless asked).

I don't know if I can stomach the flight and hotel costs for 5 songs - 4 of which I've heard several times live. Trying to confirm this rumor.

I hope there is a sister show - that would be much better. Chris did say a couple of shows in LA.

I wonder if they have some sort of contract with iHeart Radio which obligated them to play this show.

As for festivals - usually they are wonderful!! But iHeart festivals are different and allow for ridiculously short sets.

• Like 2

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is why I'm holding off in case they announce a separate show. If it's a very short set... meh. I'm a college student who doesn't have a whole lot of money at the moment. I'd be able to afford the trip, but I'm not so sure it'd be worth it... I'm really happy for those of you here who are getting to go, though. :)

I feel the same about Blink-182's set... they're the other band performing at ALTer Ego that I really like but I just saw them in September and though the show was awesome (they played a classic album in full), I'm not really hungry for more if it's just gonna be a few songs.

I'd love to see the rumored setlist, @Pguild142 . You can put it in a spoiler if you like.

• Like 1

I JUST GOT TICKETS TO THE EL SHOW!!! I'M RIGHT IN THE CENTER, 12 SEATS AWAY FROM THE STAGE!!! I'M GOING TO HOLD UP AN APPARATJIK SIGN FOR GUY!!! I HOPE HE NOTICES ME!!! [ATTACH type=full" alt="9866]9866[/ATTACH] EVERYTHING'S GONE FUCKING CRAZY!!! MAYBE I'M CRAZY TOO!!!

That's so exciting!! Let us know if he sees it

• Like 1
  • Wow 1

So I got to the bottom of the rumored set list - It was the 5 songs chosen to be on the AlterEgo Playlist on the events official website (which includes tracks from all artists on the bill). I am not taking stock into this rumor as of now, as it is just a playlist which is common on festival websites and is not indicative of the actual setlist.

If anyone wants to see what that playlist is, you can go to the official website.

I'm still patiently waiting for an announcement on a possible other show - I have reserved hotel (which can be cancelled) but still waiting before I pull the trigger on the airfare...

TBD...

• Like 1

Hey, this is a little bit unrelated, but does anyone know anything about getting concert signs through the airport? How do you take them with you? What are the size restrictions? Do they have to be made out of a certain material?

I really want to make some signs but I'm afraid I won't be able to take them with me.

I would make it on stable but bendable paper and roll it up so it fits in your hand luggage.

Or make it at your final destination, like i did with my "Jonny can I have a plectrum" sign :)

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

I wish there was some way for me to get into the other concert as well. But my odds of winning are extremely slim, and I'd rather let someone else go instead. But how cool would it be to go to two concerts in the same week? wacko.gif.7ff3970ae550920078a24561deca36e5.gif I hope someone on this forum ends up going somehow. I'm sure there'll be more than one or two Coldplay fans in audience. Otherwise that would make a very boring performance. Good luck everyone!

• Like 1

Thank you! My flight lands in LA the day before haha, unfortunately, this one is probably going to be super exclusive

Yeah, I doubt one can get in but maybe if you wait by the studio exit you could get to meet C and J ! I know someone who met the band at the exit of Maida Vale studios after their radio session, so there might be a chance !

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

So I guess this confirms the "couple of things in LA" that Chris spoke about a month or so ago. I entered the contest, but alas, looks like the AlterEgo Fest will be the best I will be able to accomplish.

I also something today about a secret Chicago show? Any one know anything about that?

Here are the official rules: Coldplay Flyaway

The concert is happening sometime between January 17 and 21, if you dig deep in the rules you will see that: Grand Prize Trip must be taken January 17 - 21, 2020.

So, it MUST be in LA, since they're playing a show on the 18th. It's gotta be on the 19th or 20th!

You can enter here: Link to Entry Form

The rules say you must be from one of these markets, and I'm not sure how they verify. I mean, I could probably get a Harrisburg station to tune in if I drive a little further north from my house :)

Ann Arbor MI WQKL-FM Appleton WI WWWX-FM Atlanta GA WWWQ-H2 3 Buffalo NY WEDG-FM Chicago IL WKQX-FM Columbia/Jefferson City MO KBXR-FM Columbus/Starkville MS WNMQ-FM Eugene OR KNRQ-FM Fayetteville AR KRMW-FM Fort Walton Beach FL WNCV-FM Grand Rapids MI WKLQ-FM Harrisburg PA WNNK-FM Little Rock AR KLAL-FM Little Rock AR KURB-FM New Orleans LA WZRH-FM Saginaw MI WHNN-FM Savannah GA WIXV-FM Syracuse NY WAQX-FM