✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Everyday Life LA Shows

DJK

I think they will prolong this era a bit with a few more videos, then finish it with the shows in LA.

By April we should hear something about the new album. Chris has been most insistent that this is not their final album (he never said that before) and that they have a very set plan so I would assume they will do a new album in 2020 and probably tour it end of 2020/all 2021.

• Like 1

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think they will prolong this era a bit with a few more videos, then finish it with the shows in LA.

By April we should hear something about the new album. Chris has been most insistent that this is not their final album (he never said that before) and that they have a very set plan so I would assume they will do a new album in 2020 and probably tour it end of 2020/all 2021.

Chris said there'll be no more world tour. Their last world tour was AHFOD. They'll continue to make albums and few gigs but nothing more.

• Sad 1

Didn't he just say there would be no world tour until they figured out how to make it sustainable?

And it's impossible to have a tour sustainable with all trucks. If one day they decide to do another tour, everybody will tell that their tour isn't sustainable and they'll be no more credible. Now that Chris said that the best for them is to never do tour Alain.

Chris said there'll be no more world tour. Their last world tour was AHFOD. They'll continue to make albums and few gigs but nothing more.

There has been a lot of misquoting on that, so just to clarify: There will be a world tour for presumably the next album but they will try to make it sustainable. The reason why they aren't touring EL is not sustainability but rather that they don't feel this is the right album to tour and don't feel ready for another big tour yet.

• Like 12

There has been a lot of misquoting on that, so just to clarify: There will be a world tour for presumably the next album but they will try to make it sustainable. The reason why they aren't touring EL is not sustainability but rather that they don't feel this is the right album to tour and don't feel ready for another big tour yet.

Yes I know, Guy already said they'll don't go on tour with this album. But in the media they said Coldplay will not tour anymore if it wasn't sustainable. Yesterday in a french television news they said to Coldplay will never tour again for environment. So, if they tour again everybody will said they were liars and they use ecology for their album promotion, not for their belief.

Yes I know, Guy already said they'll don't go on tour with this album. But in the media they said Coldplay will not tour anymore if it wasn't sustainable. Yesterday in a french television news they said to Coldplay will never tour again for environment. So, if they tour again everybody will said they were liars and they use ecology for their album promotion, not for their belief.

Then the French television news was wrong, it seems. It's true they'll probably get flack no matter what they do (just because they're Coldplay and hating on Coldplay is #cool), but when it comes to reducing their ecological footprint while touring, there's a lot they can do. It's all not impossible. We've been discussing some possibilities here in this thread:

https://www.coldplaying.com/forum/index.php?threads/sustainable-touring.126155

• Like 3

I can almost guarantee they'll announce another smaller show in LA to accompany this one.

That's the show I'll try for.

This is nice, the other artists are alright, but I'm looking at sets from last year's edition of the festival and most only played around 7 or 8 songs. And I want to see Coldplay at something other than a festival now, haha.

Well, looks like their playing the iHeartRadio ALTego show on January 18th. I just bought two tickets - but I'm sure it will be a very short set.

What's a short set for you?

When I look to some of the performances of other artists at iHeartRadio ALTer EGO it could be possible that Coldplay will perform a set of 40 minutes!

Artists such as Muse and Twenty One Pilots had played a set of around 40 mins and perhaps some of the songs they played were removed from the videos that were uploaded to YouTube, so their sets might be even longer than 40 mins. Which is good news, right?

A 42-minute Coldplay set would be very interesting....

• Like 1