✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

VIVA LA VIDA LIVE DVD!

Here's a clip I uploaded to reddit of footage from the Barcelona show in 2009 that was recorded and was supposed to be released as the live DVD for the era in addition to the CD we got. I guess this video is what ever remained of the edit after they scrapped it. The video is sourced from the original production company that filmed the show.

3 hours ago, The Jordanator said:

Man I would love to see the live video of the God Put a Smile Upon Your Face / Talk techno remixes that they had recorded 

That version of God Put A Smile Upn Your Face is included on the MTV broadcast of their Tokyo show. Here's a link to that:

He

UPDATE: It just so happens I found the whole Viva La Vida performance! 

It starts from the same starting point in the reddit video but it continues until the end of the song making this version two minutes longer.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=14h2RKBWlVFOr3fTDvVkq-G5nEFz6dnb3

Perhaps i'll be able to find more out of this show!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, GamingForeverAUS said:

UPDATE: It just so happens I found the whole Viva La Vida performance! 

It starts from the same starting point in the reddit video but it continues until the end of the song making this version two minutes longer.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=14h2RKBWlVFOr3fTDvVkq-G5nEFz6dnb3

Perhaps i'll be able to find more out of this show!

That's awesome! Where did you find this?

The production company who worked with Coldplay to film Live 2003 and the also officially unreleased but widely available Canada 2006 film also filmed the Barcelona 2009 show. The company is "Done and Dusted Productions" and taking a look online you can find a listing for their work for Live 2003 and the Barcelona show which is where I found it.

3 hours ago, I ran away said:

I remember it too. It was scrapped due to sound problems in Barcelona, it was said.

Yeah there were massive problems throughout the night. Apparently some of the PA's were stuttering. Chris talked about it once and said they were amazed by how loud the crowd was not knowing they were yelling "we can't hear you!". 

• Like 1
  • Wow 1

ANOTHER UPDATE:

Found some more clips of the Barcelona show in this documentary after going through a forum thread from 2010. There are clips from Viva La Vida, Fix You and Lost and some other songs! There are also some funny interviews. A good watch if you haven't already. It's also really helpful if you wanna learn how to cook an apple pie (good job jonny)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JVjvmvKigmw (IF ONLY IT WAS IN BETTER QUALITY!!!)

Edited by GamingForeverAUS
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
On 5/11/2020 at 7:29 PM, GamingForeverAUS said:

Here's a clip I uploaded to reddit of footage from the Barcelona show in 2009 that was recorded and was supposed to be released as the live DVD for the era in addition to the CD we got. I guess this video is what ever remained of the edit after they scrapped it. The video is sourced from the original production company that filmed the show.

@GamingForeverAUS Did Colplay release a CD of this show?