Star Wars vs. LOTR

CityandColour

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 years later...

:o What a poll!

Must....resist...urge....to......totally........geek........out.

Oh what the hooey. :freak: :smart:

Why don't I explain it this way, I dearly love Star Wars (but not the prequils) but back around '99 or '00 when all of us Tolkien geeks were freaking out about the movies, not knowing if they were going to be brilliant or rancid mockerys, someone wrote the funniest Silmarillion (lotr prequil) spoof I've ever read, "The Filmarillion". I give you an excerpt. The rest is here: http://fan.theonering.net/writing/stories/files/0301_nemo_filmaril.html

And in these days came Lucas, who is called the Almost-Spielberg. And Lucas said unto himself, 'Truly hath Roddenberry gone where no man hath gone before; yet a greater thing shall I bring forth than that which was wrought by Roddenberry; and with it shall I make the Megabucks; and all shall tremble when the Megabucks are made.'

And Lucas brought forth the Force, and truly made the Megabucks; and Lucas brought the Megabucks unto the Film Executives, and they worshipped them and said, 'Truly art thou king, for the Megabucks art brought forth by thee.' And Lucas brought forth Happy Meals, and plastic action figures, and other wondrous treasures, and offered them unto the Children of the Force, and all were content, and the Megabucks grew greater.

Then did the Trekkies make war upon the Children of the Force; but after a time they said among themselves, 'Why war we thus? Truly, some are of the Federation, and others of the Force; yet are we not all Geeks?' And so they ceased to war, and the numbers of the Geeks were doubled, and they filled all the land.

And Lucas brought forth the Force again, and yet again, and yet again; and still the Megabucks came unto him. And Lucas said, "Forever shall the Megabucks be mine; and if the people like not Jar Jar Binks, then shall I weep all the way to the bank."

But some of the people said, 'Is there not a greater than the Force?' and in answer came Jackson, who is called the Townsend-Sacker.

Jackson said:

'A greater song have I than that of Roddenberry, or of Lucas. And if the Megabucks are brought unto me, then shall I bring forth that song from which the Force was partly sprung, and all shall marvel. And Lucas shall bow before me, and likewise Spielberg, who is called The One.'