✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

The 2024 leaks - Lyrics compilation

Jonan

23 minutes ago, SwirlingChaos said:

I would love to hear Viva La Vida by Cold Play

while we're on the topic of demos, here's this 16 second snippet of a vlv demo... what do you guys think of it?

Edited by fanofmusic05

I understand that the main threads got hidden and this is a good place to talk about the leaks, but please keep it within the rules 🙏

2 minutes ago, Famous Old Painter said:

BTW spamming up that site with "PLEASE LEAK (x) SONG" is only going to incentivise them not to do it. They're fully aware of what we want, which is why they think they can get something in return for it. 

I agree, it's a bit annoying to see that. I understand that people are excited, but we should take it easy.

The fact we got Spanish Rain and Wedding Bells at all surprises me. And the fact that Spanish Rain is exactly what I wanted it to be. And the added lyrics to FOB only make it more beautiful, even after all these years. 

Then there's some of the original EL songs (Everyday Life, Broken, even Arabesque to an extent) sounding nothing like how the album versions would turn out to be. 

Maybe the biggest surprise to me was Earthling. Way more beautiful than an Angel Moon song has any right to be. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, fanofmusic05 said:

Not sure if this question has been asked before, but of all the songs that have recently leaked, which one has surprised you guys the most?

Good question. I was very surprised by Tomorrow and Everyday Story (or EL alt). They definitely deserved a release. Those two are my highlights. Although I have to say I haven't heard to potential MM stuff other than the ones we knew (A Wave, Aeterna) and The Only One.

Just now, fanofmusic05 said:

Not sure if this question has been asked before, but of all the songs that have recently leaked, which one has surprised you guys the most?

Keeping in mind which eras they are respectively from, none of them are particularly surprising. I’m intrigued by Robots as Coldplay hasn’t done a heavier song like that like ever, and Royality (that one still sounds like its era too). 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Famous Old Painter said:

Maybe the biggest surprise to me was Earthling. Way more beautiful than an Angel Moon song has any right to be. 

You're not the first person to speak well of Earthling and I'm really, really curious. I think if I listen to any other of the songs that could potentially be on MM, it will be that one.

2 minutes ago, fanofmusic05 said:

• Weirdo, because they didn't release it and I really don't see why.
  • Everyday Life (the alternate version) makes me feel like they originally had a less consistent theme for the album that they decided to change. It was for the best, although I do like the alternate version in its own right.
  • Broken. I'm not sure why they picked the gospel version over this one, I really like it.
  • Tomorrow again makes me wonder why it wasn't released. Even as a b-side it would have made sense to release, because it's practically a finished song.
  • Conscious Pilot, assuming it is real, is something I'd never expect and for me sounds like a song Thom Yorke would make as part of his solo career. It's good, but I wonder what it would have been like if they went further with it...
  • Earthling is a very nice song, and its ending is really nice (especially the last few lines) but it suffers from the same problem as Until The Water Falls Over, which doesn't have much going on. Clearly unfinished but with plenty of potential.
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Famous Old Painter said:

The fact we got Spanish Rain and Wedding Bells at all surprises me. And the fact that Spanish Rain is exactly what I wanted it to be. And the added lyrics to FOB only make it more beautiful, even after all these years. 

Then there's some of the original EL songs (Everyday Life, Broken, even Arabesque to an extent) sounding nothing like how the album versions would turn out to be. 

I agree with this entirely! It’s also surprising to hear those songs fully now. They’re beautiful. 

UFO II is one of my favorites right now 

2 minutes ago, Doomotron said:
  • Weirdo, because they didn't release it and I really don't see why.
  • Everyday Life (the alternate version) makes me feel like they originally had a less consistent theme for the album that they decided to change. It was for the best, although I do like the alternate version in its own right.
  • Broken. I'm not sure why they picked the gospel version over this one, I really like it.
  • Tomorrow again makes me wonder why it wasn't released. Even as a b-side it would have made sense to release, because it's practically a finished song.
  • Conscious Pilot, assuming it is real, is something I'd never expect and for me sounds like a song Thom Yorke would make as part of his solo career. It's good, but I wonder what it would have been like if they went further with it...
  • Earthling is a very nice song, and its ending is really nice (especially the last few lines) but it suffers from the same problem as Until The Water Falls Over, which doesn't have much going on. Clearly unfinished but with plenty of potential.

I really like Earthling too. 

Theres just so much going on in these leaks, it’s hard to encapsulate all my thoughts about them. I like them for what they are. Beautiful pieces of music at varying stages of development. 

3 minutes ago, Jonan said:

You're not the first person to speak well of Earthling and I'm really, really curious. I think if I listen to any other of the songs that could potentially be on MM, it will be that one.

It's basically Daddy 2, so if you like Daddy you'll probably like Earthling

• Love 1

Maybe a tier list would help? 

Famous Old Painters (Viva) 

Weirdo

Wedding Bells

Aeterna

Arabesque/Olive Tree

UFO II

Spanish Rain

UATW (Silver Bird) 

A

Broken

Everyday Life/Everyday Story

Famous Old Painters (EL) 

Tomorrow

Earthling

A Wave 

The Only One 

Life In A Day

The Lightclub

Church (not much is changed here so I’m not sure I can place it in S but I love this song) 

B

Robots (rough but has potential) 
Royalty 
Good Feelings 

Let Somebody Go (Solo) 

C

Gold (this one might grow on me though) 

Wedding Song 

Until The Water Flows Over 

Everyday’s Like Christmas 

Conscious Pilot (if it’s real) 

D