✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

The 2024 leaks - Lyrics compilation

Jonan

1 hour ago, lennyrott1 said:

Earthling is still my fave leak and I hope it gets an official release. The lyrics are awesome, the piano is gorgeous. Could go down as one of my favorite Coldplay piano songs up there with Postcards, Trouble etc.

I really hope they would release a version with normal Chris's voice, not high-pitched. 

2 hours ago, Lunarida said:

Has anyone already transcribed the lyrics of the Everyday Life version of Famous Old Painters?

And When You Were Born You Were Given A Name
Down From Your Father And His Was The Same
Your History Marked And Your Future Arranged
Rounded I Don't Care What Your Promise Is

They Say The Worlds Gonna End, And The News Is All Bad
Baby That's Bullshit, Don't Listen To That
Didn't Stop Leonardos Or Lilian Brandts
--------

So I'm Up On The Rooftop, Painting You Roses
Screaming Your Name Out And Hoping You'll Notice
I'm Hoping You'll Notice, And Know What My Name Is
If I Could Be Just Like Those Famous Old Painters

Ooo, Ooo

And When We Were Born You Were Given A Name
Down From Your Father And His Was In Chains
And Marcus Mosiah Said They've Stolen Our Car
But We're Still Gonna Make It, I Know We Are

Screaming Your Name Out And Hoping The Pose Is
A Statue Of Venus, One For The Ages
There On The Page With Those Famous Old Painters

How Many Times Have You Written Your Name?
Hoping That Lie, Will Your Destiny Change?
Basquiat Told Michelangelo Aim
And Start Over And Over Again

And If Only Vincent Could Come Back And See It's A Starry Night
Slow Though The Day Is The Sun And I Work In The Sudden Light

So I'm Up On The Rooftop, Naked And Nameless
Starting From Nowhere And Aiming For Greatness
We Come With The Darkness, We Come With The Light
But You're Someone, You're Someone, And Hey, You're Alright

• Love 2

13 minutes ago, Hamster_Pants said:

So is the supposed 2010 Mix of Up With The Birds real or fake?

Obviously not, listen with headphones you can hear some big mistakes in it

4 hours ago, glebby said:

I really hope they would release a version with normal Chris's voice, not high-pitched. 

A supposed alt mix with normal voice and no bass was posted a few days ago but I’m not sure if it’s real

Anyways back to the topic

Edited by fanofmusic05

1 hour ago, Captain Crieff said:

some posts have been hidden, can we please stick to the thread subject (lyrics)? thanksss

Bruh, I’d agree with you if the threads to actually talk about other things weren’t hidden also. 

28 minutes ago, fanofmusic05 said:

A supposed alt mix with normal voice and no bass was posted a few days ago but I’m not sure if it’s real

Anyways back to the topic

It sounds like it's just slowed down to the speed where Chris' vocals are not higher pitched.

Back to the actual topic:

4 hours ago, MyloRedux said:

Didn't Stop Leonardos Or Lilian Brandts
--------

at ------ I'm hearing "money talks" followed by something i'm less confident about "sell me oranges"

1 hour ago, Captain Crieff said:

some posts have been hidden, can we please stick to the thread subject (lyrics)? thanksss

Can you clarify what is and is not allowed to be talked about these leaks? If another leak is posted, can we talk about it? Can we discuss the legitimacy of them (why transcribe lyrics for something that's fake)? I think we should be clear where the line is drawn so we don't lose the thread without warning. I know the leaking and arguing in the OP thread was a no-no, but I don't know why the other two were taken down. Why can we discuss lyrics of the leaks and no other aspects of them? 

Edited by PersonofthePride
  • Like 4

22 hours ago, Benjod25 said:

I mean LIB became Humankind 

I think it became infinity sign they kinda split it into two but Humankind has a very different melody 

Edited by Galal
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Galal said:

I think it becameinfinity sign they kinda split it into two but Humankind has a very different melody 

There's version of LIB that they played live later in the tour that shares a lot with Humankind 

32 minutes ago, BerheavedTripod8 said:

It sounds like it's just slowed down to the speed where Chris' vocals are not higher pitched.

Back to the actual topic:

at ------ I'm hearing "money talks" followed by something i'm less confident about "sell me oranges"

Definitely something about oranges, but I'm not sure what. I've tried to separate the voice from the instrumental, but I can't make it out - is it perhaps the surname of a painter?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Jonan said:

Definitely something about oranges, but I'm not sure what. I've tried to separate the voice from the instrumental, but I can't make it out - is it perhaps the surname of a painter?

could be, or referencing a famous painting with oranges. Can't think of either, but will do some searching.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, SwirlingChaos said:

My dumbass always thought it was “mommy ate sons tiny oranges” 💀💀

Congratulations, I will only be able to hear that from now on 😭

I've just uploaded on that site my attempt to isolate Chris's voice, in case anyone with better English skills than me can help.

9 minutes ago, Jonan said:

I've just uploaded on that site my attempt to isolate Chris's voice, in case anyone with better English skills than me can help.

I've ran it through AI transcribe software, which gave me tommy oranges. Quick google says a tommy orange exists, who is a novelist

Posted (edited)
23 minutes ago, BerheavedTripod8 said:

I've ran it through AI transcribe software, which gave me tommy oranges. Quick google says a tommy orange exists, who is a novelist

Good catch. According to Wikipedia, he released a book in 2018 about Native American history, which had a great critical reception. It would match the theme of the song, as the author Lilian Brandt is named in the previous line, so it's not necessarily about painters.
Of course, I look forward to more interpretations.

Edited by Jonan
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Benjod25 said:

He's supposed to be a Alien though 

Exactly that's the whole point of the pitched voice, Chris is portraying himself as an alien speaking to an earthling. This alien fortunately is not as ridiculous as the pitching for Angel Moon. I notice a few of the MOTS demos and released songs feature different variations of pitched voices (A Wave, Biutyful, People of the Pride (background deepened voice), MOTS ii, Earthling, Royalty) so maybe one of the original intentions was that the album was going to have a lot of different 'aliens' singing throughout. That idea hasn't been executed so well in the final cut as its only Biutyful & MOTS ii which has that noticeable effect and the tracks stand out like baboon butts because of it.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, fanofmusic05 said:

New supposed early Everglow mix was just put out...is it real?

Not sure if the mix is legit, but I'd say I've never heard those final verses.

1 hour ago, The Jordanator said:

That idea hasn't been executed so well in the final cut as its only Biutyful & MOTS ii which has that noticeable effect and the tracks stand out like baboon butts because of it.

From what I know, Chris and whoever the fuck else in the studio were spending MONTHS trying to make the Angel Moon filter. Trust me y'all, she ain't leavin'.