✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

The 2024 leaks - Lyrics compilation

Jonan

53 minutes ago, fanofmusic05 said:

New supposed early Everglow mix was just put out...is it real?

I cant find it, but if it mentions something about smoke and or water, it is.

I've been following these leaks with lots of interest! Here are the things I've been wanting to share about some of the songs we've had the chance to discover throughout the past weeks. 

Tomorrow - as others have said, this should've been on Mylo Xyloto - or at least as a B-Side. Since they've used this guitar riff in Fun, it's too bad to know that we'll propably never get a proper release.

Life in a Day - the chord progression and the guitar sounds a lot like Atlas. It's quite an amazing song in my opinion, and I wouldn't be mad at all if it were to be included on Moon Music. 

Famous Old Painters - I never paid much attention to the instrumental leak from years ago. However, the version with lyrics quickly became one of my favorite Coldplay songs.  I really loved hearing the Everyday Life version, but after a few listens, I preffer the simplicity of the original. 

Spanish Rain - I've been dreaming of a studio version of this song for years. Couldn't believe my ears when I finally heard it, it really is a dream come true! 

Everyday Story - the sample we can hear in Bani Adam works surprisingly well here, even better in my opinion. At the end of both Bani Adam and Everyday Story, we can actually hear the same series of notes that start Wedding Bells

Wedding Bells - I kept thinking the beginning sounded like something I had heard before. In fact, the bell + ambient sounds at the beginning were used in Everyday Life, they were simply transposed. The song itself is even better than I remembered, and it's easily one of the best songs out of the ones that were leaked. 

Wedding Song - I feel like I've heard that melody elsewhere before, please somebody help.  It's a beautiful ballad nonetheless. 

Weirdo - I'm mad this got left out of Everyday Life, but I kinda get the feeling it was replaced by Champion of the World and I'm glad we got that one. I do hear some similarities melody-wise near the end of the song, and I love the little outro that kind of comments the sample from the documentary - feels a lot less random than at the end of When I Need A Friend

Earthling - When I first heard Angel Moon, I was kind of mad that they'd use her voice again.  But honestly, it works so well here, and not only thematically - It's also very subtle compared to her voice in Biutyful. This song really moves me and it's by far one of the highlights of the recent leaks.  he ending kind of sounds like Alien Choir, as if it could've transitionned into Humankind.

I consider my ears very lucky to have heard these songs! 

Edited by philidash
  • Like 5

Does anyone have Help Road lyrics? If You are one of the ding dongs that don't check Ransomware.7z Help Road is a Rescue Street demo from 1524 made during the V&W era -1000000 real No fake no scam no bad no wrong working in ohioan 1854. 

1 minute ago, ColdplayUT said:

Does anyone have Help Road lyrics? If You are one of the ding dongs that don't check Ransomware.7z Help Road is a Rescue Street demo from 1524 made during the V&W era -1000000 real No fake no scam no bad no wrong working in ohioan 1854. 

That is epic style

Very quick and dirty transcribe of the blessed lyrics (might contain spelling mistakes):

Spoiler

so blessed so blessed so blessed
and
yes

for every day that i'm given i'm grateful
every day that i'm struggling through
for every day that i'm given i'm faithul? faith filled? ...
you're like all up the stars in the ocean
and you're there when my head is a mess
to say look outside it's a beautiful day to say yes

yes
yes
yes
ten more times i shoulda said it that i think you're the best

for every day that i'm given i'm grateful
every night with a moon to lasso
for every day that i'm given an angel and every daykid? is looking at you
you're like all up the magic in motion
when i'm my own wicked witch of the west
you say look outside it's a beautiful day to floress?

yes
yes
yes

high as a mountain
deep as the sea
you came along and saved me
high as a mountain
deep as the sea
you came along and saved me
saved me
saaaaved me

yeah
yes

yeah alright

Edited by BerheavedTripod8
spelling mistakes
  • Like 1

Love is a Mighty River lyrics (may contain spelling mistakes):

Spoiler

* choir humming / chanting hmm *

love is a mighty river
down by that river pray?
love is a mighty river
go to the water and sail away

* choir humming / chanting hmm *

love is a mighty river
down by that river pray?
love is a mighty river

* choir humming / chanting ohh *

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Famous Old Painter said:

The Coldplay version of Love is a Mighty River is just as beautiful as I was hoping. Like I get they wanted to gift it to Merry Clayton, but man, why couldn't have this been on the album? 

On which album was it supposed to be? I presume everyday life / wedding album?

1 hour ago, Famous Old Painter said:

The Coldplay version of Love is a Mighty River is just as beautiful as I was hoping. Like I get they wanted to gift it to Merry Clayton, but man, why couldn't have this been on the album? 

EL could have been so much better with all these songs included and become one of the best Coldplay's albums. Unfortunately, it didn't. 

• Like 1

I love Everyday Life and think they did a really good job, but yes. Part of the issue Coldplay has is they always want it both ways. They want the deep esoteric indie sound but also the fun sounds of an Orphans and Cry Cry Cry. The result ends up making some critics point out the weird shifts in tone. 

I think having Wedding Song instead of Cry Cry Cry and Weirdo instead of Orphans and maybe a Flags instead of Eko would have made a big difference in overall album quality and consistency. You could make Orphans another single for MOTS and have Cry Cry Cry and Eko as alternative b-sides.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Famous Old Painter said:

Is it just me or did someone add their own humming to this song? It sounds like there's the choir humming, and a louder humming on top of it, maybe? I don't think it's Chris but it sounds masculine 

Posted (edited)

I have updated the first post with all of your lyrics - thank you so much for your contributions! 🙂

Also, I suggest that when we find new lines, or see words that need to be corrected, we edit the original posts, rather than create a new one. Thank you.

Edited by Jonan