Jump to content
✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

The NEW 2024 Leaks Thread


Doomotron

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)

The leak crapshow continues. I tend to agree with the general sentiment that leaks are bittersweet. You get to hear incredible potential for eras that ended up being weaker but then, we still get the special privilege of hearing those songs and adding them to our "head canon" of these eras. 

Some of my general takeaways with spoilers.

Spoiler

MOTS & Moon Music has promising demos but is a chaotic era: Earthling, 2 Aliens, The Astronaut, Aeterna and the spruced up versions of UFO II and Good Feelings all sound really good. There's some classy production and better lyrics than what we ended up with on MOTS. But at the same time, other demos are so cutesy pop that is sometimes a bit cringey, in my opinion. I'm optimistic for Moon Music but always have some skepticism that if they don't filter out some of the sugary songs, it'll sink the whole package. 

Everyday Life/Wedding Album/Viva Eras continue delivering that good stuff: I think these leaks are consistesntly really good. The acoustics, the lyrics, the melodies are top notch and clearly the band was getting back into alt rock mode going into Everyday Life. I've said it here before but i think Wedding Song, Love is a Might River, Water Flows Over and  Wedding Bells are massively underrated leaks. I hope there's some official release one day. 

Songs for the Musical? Some of the leaked songs sound very musical-ish to me, in a good way. Earthling is a really catchy and beautiful solo song. Robots is promising and I could see some "angry dude" character singing it. And finally, Weirdo is REALLY GOOD. We now have two versions of this song (everyday life, MOTS) and overall I do think when Chris said "it's one of the best songs we've written," I agree. It's really catchy and soulful. 

 

Edited by lennyrott1
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

There is a new leak a snip from feels like falling in love... That's sounds real... what you guys think? The snip ends with the lyric maybe for the... so the chance is high that it means maybe for the first time... like Coldplay tweeted on x. So it would be confirmed. Feels like falling in Love the first single on Friday. 

Edited by maeli
Link to comment
Share on other sites

39 minutes ago, maeli said:

There is a new leak a snip from feels like falling in love... That's sounds real... what you guys think? The snip ends with the lyric maybe for the... so the chance is high that it means maybe for the first time... like Coldplay tweeted on x. So it would be confirmed. Feels like falling in Love the first single on Friday. 

Yeah, it's been mentioned. Although it doesn't confirm anything yet, it seems like chances are very high this snippet represents a song that is going to be on the album and maybe released as single.

  • Wow 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, CP-EST said:

Yeah, it's been mentioned. Although it doesn't confirm anything yet, it seems like chances are very high this snippet represents a song that is going to be on the album and maybe released as single.

But the chances are very big.... I mean Coldplay tweeted the lyrics maybe for the first time... The snip sounds good.  I am excited for Friday...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, maeli said:

But the chances are very big.... I mean Coldplay tweeted the lyrics maybe for the first time... The snip sounds good.  I am excited for Friday...

Going a little further down this rabbit hole...the whole lyrics of the snippet sound like "la la la la la la la still I can't let go...fields of flowers grow...it feels like I'm falling in love...maybe for the first time...." 

And what was the tweet? "maybe for the first time?" with a flower emoji 🌷

  • Love 1
  • Wow 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Famous Old Painter said:

We Pray sounds pretty cool, I love what I'm hearing actually, but it'll certainly piss off a subsection of Coldplay's fanbase once it's released.

Angel Song sounds wonderful. 

I can't believe Weekday is real. 

 

It will certainly piss of the oldplayers haha, but as someone who's not into hiphop, it does sound cool

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

We pray sounds really cool. Especially vocal says at the end "until we feel..". Weekday sounds like another X Marks The Spot.

Even though i like the rock Coldplay i'm okay with every genre if it's done right. Sadly Mots sounds very cheap except Popt and Coloratura. When i heard Flifil snippet i thought MM will be cheap sounding too. But from these snippets i think a cool album is coming. This is the right way because back in the days Coldplay was a cool band to be fan.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Xyloband_99 said:

Even though i like the rock Coldplay i'm okay with every genre if it's done right. Sadly Mots sounds very cheap except Popt and Coloratura. When i heard Flifil snippet i thought MM will be cheap sounding too. But from these snippets i think a cool album is coming. This is the right way because back in the days Coldplay was a cool band to be fan.

We now have previews of every song from the album except the interludes. Obviously not enough to judge the record as a whole, but enough to judge what kind of album it's going to be. 

It's going to be a stylistically inconsistent album I think, certainly not the closest relative to Viva in their discography. That said, it feels like it will be better put together than MOTS at least, and probably AHFOD too. The stretch from from All My Love to Angel Song might please those hoping for a more low-key record, plus One World and possibly Man in the Moon as well. Even FLIFIL has an Oldplayish feel to it. 

But then there's Good Feelings and We Pray (and possibly Jupiter) that are Newplay through and through, and it will be interesting to hear how they flow with the record of the album (if at all). 

Edited by Famous Old Painter
  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Famous Old Painter said:

We now have previews of every song from the album except the interludes. Obviously not enough to judge the record as a whole, but enough to judge what kind of album it's going to be. 

It's going to be a stylistically inconsistent album I think, certainly not the closest relative to Viva in their discography. That said, it feels like it will be better put together than MOTS at least, and probably AHFOD too. The stretch from from All My Love to Angel Song might please those hoping for a more low-key record, plus One World and possibly Man in the Moon as well. Even FLIFIL has an Oldplayish feel to it. 

But then there's Good Feelings and We Pray (and possibly Jupiter) that are Newplay through and through, and it will be interesting to hear how they flow with the record of the album (if at all). 

Do we have a preview of Man on the moon ? Are we even sure it's the soundchecked song?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Well, it's either the soundcheck song or the soundcheck song is not on the album. And given the band posted a recording session of that song recently on Instagram, it's a fair assumption. 

Could be wrong of course. We'll see what happens when/if the snippet is leaked. 

Edited by Famous Old Painter
Link to comment
Share on other sites

44 minutes ago, johnnymax8652 said:

From what I heard so far, Neon Forest may be easily the best moment in the album. i'm looking forwards for this track.

We pray sound intersting, but I don't see how this album may be the closest relative to VLV. At least not closer than EL already is.

I think maybe Phil meant the song that they were recording not the album 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, Famous Old Painter said:

We now have previews of every song from the album except the interludes. Obviously not enough to judge the record as a whole, but enough to judge what kind of album it's going to be. 

It's going to be a stylistically inconsistent album I think, certainly not the closest relative to Viva in their discography. That said, it feels like it will be better put together than MOTS at least, and probably AHFOD too. The stretch from from All My Love to Angel Song might please those hoping for a more low-key record, plus One World and possibly Man in the Moon as well. Even FLIFIL has an Oldplayish feel to it. 

But then there's Good Feelings and We Pray (and possibly Jupiter) that are Newplay through and through, and it will be interesting to hear how they flow with the record of the album (if at all). 

I think we will be surprised. Jupiter is gonna be probably something like viva la vida give the strings, and the guitar of good feelings makes it sounded like a good blend of oldplay and newplay, the only song from the snippet that seems inconsistent is we pray, but we dont know how the song will be as a whole, I think this album can be a relative to viva not cos of the style of songs but they way the band explore them, like listening to all instruments working nicely, only the whole songs will tell, at least I think good feelings even tho its not viva sounding, the guitars make it like their best pop song Ive heard in a while..its very very nice when the guitar comes in, like..it makes all work together and make sense

Edited by gacbrandao
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I Ive gotta say. Even tho Im little afraid with We pray, if this song like..builds up..and have good guitar passages and nice basslines, and maybe..maybe some exploding drums at some point, this song could be very nice, even if its hip-hop rap centered, I think depending it can please old and new plays, like at least have some nice guitar passages. I kinda like the dark vibes from it

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...