June 20, 20242 yr 21 minutes ago, Doomotron said: Or perhaps two alternate tracklists that they're trying to decide between? or the tracklist for the Notebook CD of demos? who knows..
June 20, 20242 yr 6 hours ago, ToniMoreno said: Well, there are 10 songs but we don't know how long they are. Just as there may be a short interlude, there may also be one or several long songs or songs of intermediate length. I don't think we will have another Coloratura as such, but there may still be a song that reaches 6-7 minutes. Even if it is really the fusion of two independent songs as they have done many times in the past. as far as i know, the only interlude is Moon Music (title track), but it could also just be a short song similar to LiT. M.U.S.I.C. i heard was also an interlude, but i really can't say for sure. that's one of two songs from the album i haven't heard.
June 20, 20242 yr 1 hour ago, m4racide said: or the tracklist for the Notebook CD of demos? who knows.. My guess is that the list on the right are the songs that were still being considered for the album (excluding the ones they definitely wanted to include), and that "M.u.s.i.c" and "We Pray" were added to the tracklist on the left later. Note that the songs on the right are not numbered and that the order would not make much sense for an album, with the obvious closer "A Wave" as the third track.
June 20, 20242 yr Here is an updated version of both lists by the way after input from several of you (thanks!): 1. Moon Music 2. Feels Like I'm Falling in Love 3. Jupiter 4. Good Feelings 5. [...] 6. [...] 🌈 7. We Pray 8. Aeterna/M.u.s.i.c. 9. Feels Like I'm Falling in Love pt. 2 10. All My Love 11. One World 1🌎 *** Aeterna (?) Aiko (?) A Wave Man in the Moon (?) Love (?) I'm a [...] ♡ [...] M.u.s.i.c We Pray Luna
June 20, 20242 yr 18 hours ago, X AND Y said: Hot take: they still haven‘t fully decided on the final tracklist Cold Take: They got the final tracklist down. 😌
June 20, 20242 yr My only curiosity is if the 🌈 is more than one song, like it was on the whiteboard. At the time it was 3 songs, but now m u s i c is apart, so maybe 🌈 is for neon forest and Angel song only, but then if thats the case, what is track number 5? 🤔 Edited June 20, 20242 yr by gacbrandao
June 20, 20242 yr Can’t wait for the next whiteboard tracklist which is 14 songs long, Jupiter is crossed out and there’s a song which is three circles for some reason
June 20, 20242 yr Got back from the third Budapest show. They played Gravity which was a huge shock. Chris got lost in the lyrics a bit towards the end but it was awesome. Orphans was another surprise, it's such a banger live. Sparkswas also great and FLIFIL sounded much better live then the recordings of it. Definitely a better closer than Biutyful, I was so happy they ditched it. Everyone cringed when it sang Human Heart. They still do the same 'no phones' bit during ASFOS after two years lol. I only have one complaint for the setlist - the part where they wear the alien masks and just dance to The Lightclub/Infinity sign/Every Teardrop into SJLT is dragging for too long and could make room for two more songs or one longer song like Coloratura.
June 20, 20242 yr It's been confirmed that FLIFIL will launch globally at midnight GMT. So us Aussies hoping to stay up until midnight local time are out of luck.Â
June 20, 20242 yr 15 minutes ago, Famous Old Painter said: It's been confirmed that FLIFIL will launch globally at midnight GMT. So us Aussies hoping to stay up until midnight local time are out of luck. Not from Australia but was hoping this loophole would be in place. Coldplay are a global band in a big sense, surprised they're not doing this. Damn. 😕
June 20, 20242 yr 10 hours ago, Famous Old Painter said: It's been confirmed that FLIFIL will launch globally at midnight GMT. So us Aussies hoping to stay up until midnight local time are out of luck. Oh well if it is midnight GMT I think that is 6 pm for me. Do you know if the music video is coming out then or just the song on like apple music and spotify (and maybe youtube)?
June 20, 20242 yr 25 minutes ago, WaddleBurr said: Oh well if it is midnight GMT I think that is 6 pm for me. Do you know if the music video is coming out then or just the song on like apple music and spotify (and maybe youtube)? I guess the video will come out some days or even weeks after tomorrow, it usually goes that way.
June 20, 20242 yr 43 minutes ago, edupoint said: I guess the video will come out some days or even weeks after tomorrow, it usually goes that way. At first it might be the video of Chris singing that we got a snippet of 🙂
June 20, 20242 yr 11 minutes ago, m4racide said: Phenomenal song. One of their best. for me it was a 9.5/10. It was amazing!
June 20, 20242 yr On 6/17/2024 at 11:09 PM, WaddleBurr said: Here is the banner image on their youtube channel! I am so hyped! Very nice artwork! Looking forward to the album. Edited June 20, 20242 yr by andrewsky typo
June 20, 20242 yr I like it, although the electronic flourishes remind me a little too much of MotS, but I was hoping they'd put out an email about the new single and maybe we'd find out about the tracklist. This is the beginning of a new era, after all. It is good but at this point in their career I'm most curious about what songs aren't* singles and that will be on the album.Â
June 20, 20242 yr Flifil is a great song, especially Jonny's E-bow guitar in the pre-choruses are great. The riffs in the last chorus too.  From a critical perspective, I must say there is 1 thing that bothers me while listening to this song. The way Chris is singing those words in the choruses reminds me so much of the Higher Power choruses, they've got almost the same timing... I mean, everytime I sing FLiFiL (chorus) in my head, I end up singing Higher Power   Edited June 21, 20242 yr by Gideon_Mx
June 20, 20242 yr 12 minutes ago, Galal said: I wanted a b side with it like Aeterna or a wave kinda disappointing same but I am expecting an ep for those (akin to what viva la vida got with its b-sides
June 20, 20242 yr 14 minutes ago, Galal said: I wanted a b side with it like Aeterna or a wave kinda disappointing They haven't put out a b-side for a single in ages. I think a Japanese bonus track or an EP later on is more likelyÂ
June 20, 20242 yr I was expecting more of the other guys. That soundbeat around all FLIFIL song annoys me. Why they didn't put a battery sound instead? Will enters only at 3:06...Â
June 20, 20242 yr I can tell from a lot of the early reactions that in terms of song structure, people were expecting Charlie Brown and instead we got Magic. But I don't see that as a bad thing.Â
Create an account or sign in to comment