πŸŒ™ COLDPLAY ANNOUNCE MOON MUSIC OUT OCTOBER 4TH 🎡

πŸŒ™ Coldplay: Moon Music 🎡 | Out October 4th | Discussion

Doomotron

What do you guys recon will be the turnaround for LP11? It sounds like it's been written and probably mostly recorded, and I'm sure they don't want to drag out the MOTS era to 2030. I'm (really optimistically and somewhat delusional) hoping it could come out at the end of 2025. Given there'll be a movie attached I'm expecting a very different sort of rollout and release.

37 minutes ago, popopopokerface said:

I would be surprised if UFO was on LP11 bc it has Nile Rodgers on it

That's a very good point, that's got me hopeful that its still on MM then.

18 minutes ago, Famous Old Painter said:

What do you guys recon will be the turnaround for LP11? It sounds like it's been written and probably mostly recorded, and I'm sure they don't want to drag out the MOTS era to 2030. I'm (really optimistically and somewhat delusional) hoping it could come out at the end of 2025. Given there'll be a movie attached I'm expecting a very different sort of rollout and release.

I think we'll start getting better info once MM is said and done.

Yes a lot of it seems to be written but that's the same for MM, most if not all of these songs come from the 2019-2021 sessions.

I reckon it will be a very easy album to track its progress of, as its tied to a film so will have a lot more people involved so a lot more info will be out there, think about how much we know about MM, now imagine all the people who will be involved with making a film and the info they'll know.

Films also have their release dates announced a lot sooner, you can't really drop a film out of no where.Β 

I'm not expecting it until 2027. I think they'll tour MM through 2025 and 2026, film in 2027, Coldplay in 2028 or 2029 with a final album tour that will have a few songs from LP11, I don't see LP11 being toured under this tour, it would be too long.

Posted (edited)

I'm so worried about UFO ii not being on MM, it sounds like it will be incredible and the demo was already amazing! It will be so hard to wait however many years for LP 11 to be out to hear it.Β 

I'm keeping my fingers crossed but I genuinely don't know anymore.Β 

Does anyone have a quote where Nile said he's on two albums? That's pretty big news.

Edited by JPA24

The album is already stubbed at UMPG. All tracks are marked as unavailable except track 2. I believe Spotify and the rest streaming services should follow from Friday(?)

• Like 1
  • Wow 1

7 hours ago, popopopokerface said:

It was definitely on that whiteboard along with a song called Angels, idk about them but they definitely have to exist

We Pray 100% has 2024 mixes and has 2 other artists on it (male and female)

Afaik it is an interlude, idk much else

Billie Eilish and Finneas?

46 minutes ago, nowayme said:

The album is already stubbed at UMPG. All tracks are marked as unavailable except track 2. I believe Spotify and the rest streaming services should follow from Friday(?)

What is stubbing?

1 hour ago, nowayme said:

Even though I don’t know what this means, sounds kinds legit lol. Any more info on tracklisting/name that can be inferred from this?Β 

Posted (edited)

It's rather barebones, it might have been there over a week now. I'd wait 'till atleast Friday. Even the album is named {Album Title}. Thank god Coldplay uploaded the artwork, I would have passed it.

Edited by nowayme

Posted (edited)

It's 11 tracks but it skips track 2 and 7. Don't give much attention to it yet, could have been a copy-paste database thing.

Edit:
I actually recall EL was kinda like this too, 24 tracks skipping tracks 9-17.

Edited by nowayme

1 minute ago, Famous Old Painter said:

I wonder if anything will start to come up if you Shazam the NR Good Feelings clip

Shazam uses Apple's database. Unless it's submitted to them, you won't get anything.

6 hours ago, Famous Old Painter said:

I'm not convinced the self titled will have a big tour. GS and EL didn't, and S/T sounds like it's going to be in a similar vein stylistically. I also can't see them doing another big world tour so soon after MOTS ends.Β 

MOTSWT ends in December 2025 (assuming they're continuing with their plan from 2020...), so I think MM (& maybe MOTS3) will be integrated into this tour.

17 hours ago, JPA24 said:

I feel like with all the information we've gathered that we know a rough idea of what's on the tracklist:

Almost 100% certainly:

● Good Feelings

● Jupiter

● Moon Music

● Man in the Moon

● Neon Forest

● All My Love

● One World

Β 

Very very likely:

● The Only OneΒ 

● Angel Song

Β 

Not as sure:

● UFO iiΒ 

● 2 Aliens

Β 

Unknown:Β 

● FLIFIL

● A Moon Song (no idea if this is even real)

● A Wave

● We Pray

● MiserereΒ 

● whatever that soundchecked song was

● songs we made not have even heard rumours on

Miserere is just an interlude, don't get your hopes up.

2 Aliens is unlikely but very much possible.

UFO ii as far as I know was saved for the musical along with Weirdo.

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

• stephen changed the title to πŸŒ™ Coldplay: Moon Music 🎡 | Out October 4th | Discussion