✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

The Franz Ferdinand Thread

woohoo37

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dave doesn't have 'Swallow Smile' and i'm getting that right now so I win :P, I have all the Franz B-Sides now. oh and yeah definitely a brilliant band, one of my favourites overall and my favourite LIVE!

• 2 weeks later...

bump

Been listening to Franz a LOT lately:), especially the second album

oh and the dvd is great too, especially the tour diary, it's hilarious:D

btw, piccies of Alex would be very much appreciated;)

Franz Ferdinand Turn Down 60 Million

franzferdinand.jpg

UK indie rockers Franz Ferdinand have turned down 30 million pounds (That’s about $60 million Canadian) to take part in an American ad campaign.

Though the product’s identity was not revealed, it was estimated that sales of the band’s latest record You Could Have It So Much Better could have quadrupled in sales.

According to NME, lead singer Alex Kapranos told Scotland on Sunday that “they wanted to do this huge thing that was going to have $50m (US) spent on it. It would have meant we sold four times as many copies of the album, just from the extra exposure it would have got. But the advert meant we had to completely surrender all of our identity and integrity to this product that was being advertised.”

Other bands like Coldplay have also refused to use their music to sell any kind of product.

http://www.soulshine.ca/news/newsarticle.php?nid=3345

ya Franz...money isn't all that matters

Yeah when you have 50mil extra 50 doesn't mean all that much, kidding of course.

I'm glad to see they've got integrity, hopefully I'm gonna see them on their concert here in Zagreb in about 2 months.

• 2 weeks later...

BUMP!

Guess I'm talking to myself here.. where is all the Franz love:(

btw did anyone see them in Jools Holland show couple of weeks ago? I saw a video of them performing Outsiders, it was breathtaking :stunned: One of my favourite Franz songs and 7 drummers, amazing!:cool: