✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

The Franz Ferdinand Thread

woohoo37

yep I was thinking of uploading the same image I had on the .org-forums, when I noticed that some people were talking about avatars and that it should be an image of you, not any random pic.. don't have any decent pics of myself on my computer.. (well there are no decent pics of me anywhere:laugh3:) so I need to leave that out for a while at least..

my username is stargazer btw, it's the same I had youknowwhere.. (on that forum someone had already taken the name I use here, so I didn't even remember to try it on the .net forum:D) for some reason I never use my real name as a username anywhere, oh my I must have issues:lol:

what a long speech, sorry:D

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

guys..i just came back from zagreb where their concert was held yesterday..it was fucking amazing, i totally fell in love to Nick..i sweare he looked at me ...

amazing setlist too... (they played eleanor :heart:)

it's not totally in order but close:

this boy

do you want to

tell her tonight

the fallen

auf acshe

darts of pleasure

dark of the matinee

l.wells

eleanor

40"

take me out

michael

walk away

the outsiders

ENCORE:

jaqueline

this fire

• 1 month later...

I saw Franz on TV couple of days ago, some chart show from last spring I think. They played Fallen and Outsiders, amazing as always :cool:

If I had to choose my favourite Franz song, at the moment it would probably be Outsiders.. the album version is great but from all the clips I've seen, it must be absolutely brilliant live..

• 2 weeks later...

Franz put pop into book festival

_42003488_franzfestival203.jpg

One of the hottest tickets at the Edinburgh International Book Festival has been a masterclass from a pop band. Franz Ferdinand singer Alex Kapranos and guitarist Nick McCarthy talked about their songs and how they write their lyrics.

It is usually only those concerned with the written word who have taken to the book festival stage - this year 600 authors have taken part.

Kapranos said that it was new territory for the band. "Song writing is something we've never talked about before," he told the mainly-teenage audience. I've always felt like song writing is overlooked - in particular lyric writing has for a long time been seen as the poor cousin in the literary world. But the most famous Scottish writer wasn't an author or a poet, Rabbie Burns was a lyricist."

With the help of a guitar and piano, they talked the audience through how they wrote their first song, fans' favourite Auf Asche. As well as tips for aspiring pop stars, there were plenty of revelations for the fans of the double-Brit-winning group. Kapranos admitted that many of his lyrics were just "nonsense" but somehow sounded right.

An inability to understand a Queen song book led him to begin writing his own at the age of 14. McCarthy also brought out his father's cheap effects organ that was used to write one of their biggest hits. With the machine set to a "Blue Grass" setting it was Kapranos fooling around while accompanying on guitar which led to the song Take Me Out.

They also revealed that Auf Asche was inspired by a long-forgotten 1980s German TV show.

Influenced by friends and everyday experience, the Glasgow-based art school rockers have penned some of the biggest-selling Scottish albums of all time.

But they admitted there was no secret formula.

Kapranos added: "When it comes to song writing, there are not any distinct rules - there isn't any right of wrong way to go about it. Some of the best things you do are mistakes. I didn't have any music training - most of song writing is messing about 'til it sounds good."

More than 2,000 people applied for the 500 tickets available for the event.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/scotland/...st/5276540.stm

• 2 weeks later...

just checked the official site, it seems that the fan club is up and running finally :)

wonder if I should join or not..:thinking: I'd sure like to get that Swallow Smile single, but then I'd have to go and get a player for that..