• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 5 months later...

FRANZ FERDINAND DEBUT NEW MATERIAL

Franz perform new song at Edinburgh Film Festival

franzferdinand280707_W.jpg

Franz Ferdinand's Alex Kapranos and Nick McCarthy played a short set, including a new song called "Catherine Kiss Me", during the Opening Night party at the Edinburgh Film Festival yesterday.

The Opening Night film was Hallam Foe, whose soundtrack, released through Domino records, includes another new Franz song, "Hallam Foe Dandelion Blow".

The party was held at the Edinburgh School of Art, where Kapranos and McCarthy took to the stage in front of an invited audience who included actress Tilda Swinton and Hallam Foe star, Jamie Bell.

"We're the slightly less glamorous half of Franz," joked Kapranos, before they played "Hallam Foe Dandelion Blow", "Catherine Kiss Me", "Matinee" and "Jacqueline".

"We'll let you go back to your banging House music now," laughed Kapranos as they left the stage.

http://www.uncut.co.uk/news/franz_ferdinand/news/10124

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

I can't wait for this one, most bands peak with brilliance at album 3.

Franz have perfected the 3 minute pop song, if they dont change anything I would love it.

Apperently tho theres electronic influences now as well as much dirtier lyrics.

Date is still TBC 2008.

My fav songs are The Fallen, Matinee, Take me Out, Micheal, Walk Away and Outsiders.

• 6 months later...

Franz Ferdinand reveal 'wild' new album secrets

Franz Ferdinand have revealed that they have been using some rather unconventional recording methods for the forthcoming new album, which they are currently finishing off in Glasgow with producer Dan Carey.

Frontman Alex Kapranos told BBC Newsbeat that the band had been employing some "wild" recording techniques, which involved guitarist Nick McCarthy climbing into the woodwork of the studio.

Kapranos said: "We have been doing a lot of experimenting in the studio with Dan. He's made us record the album in a much wilder way than we're used to.

"We did this thing in the studio called the Doppler Effect which is like when you are on the high street and you hear an ambulance go past and the sound of the siren pitch changes when it passes you.

"We were doing something similar on a track called 'What She Came For'. We were recording the guitar in this big hall next to our studio and Nick climbed into the ceiling and fed a microphone cable down through the rafters above the guitar speaker.

"Then when we were recording Dan was swinging this microphone above the guitar amp and we got this incredible sound."

The follow-up to 2005's 'You Could Have It So Much Better' is due out in early 2009.

Yeah....we missed getting a paper that day. We tried looking everywhere to get one, coincidentally. Wow.....there was a reason for us to get it as well. :\

I did get to see them in Leeds though, just before Christmas.... and I got a photo with Alex :heart:

Wanna see a few photos I took that day?

I travelled all the way to Leeds to see The Cribs (I was a bit worried it had been a silly idea to go so far).....then got to the place...a little place similar to a 'working man's club' on one of the backstreets of Leeds. :uhoh: Went in the door, got a wristband, lol....got a 80p coke, then Alex Kapranos walked past me. :o I thought...hmmm what's he doing here? (he produced their album).

Then later on in the evening, Franz Ferdinand just came on stage!! In this place that was only the size of a tiny pub. I was so happy, as I'd never seen them live before. Then, throughout The Cribs, FF were standing next to me the whole time! I tried not to keep sneaking looks at them :lol:

2128069728_a6a068be2e_o.png

fffff.jpg

n273103671_1718449_6342.jpg

check out the dodgy ceiling tiles, ahahaha!