🌙 COLDPLAY ANNOUNCE MOON MUSIC OUT OCTOBER 4TH 🎵

The Franz Ferdinand Thread

woohoo37

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

YCHISMB has great songs in it; the problem is it doesn't hold so well as a unified album.
Yeah, I don't dislike any of the songs but at the same time, the album doesn't really work like the other two. I only listen to 5 or 6 songs off it regularly. (i.e. I skip two third of the album if you include the two bonus tracks :sweatdrop:)

I second that :) and the last record is much appreciate once you've seen what it becomes live..!
That is SO true! I liked half of Tonight before I saw them play the songs live, but the live performance made me love the album. Especially Lucid Dreams, the 15 minutes live version is :awesome:

I wish they came and I could see them.... I'm in love with Darts of Pleasure.... jajajaja

I don't know if they play it now... was it their firts single?

One question can anybody translete or explain what does that mean, You could have.... well you know their album. I don't know if I understand the meaning... XD

I wish they came and I could see them.... I'm in love with Darts of Pleasure.... jajajaja

I don't know if they play it now... was it their firts single?

I don't think they play it in november... :thinking: Don't remember... But at the gig I was, Alex picked a guy in the audience to replace Bob on 'Micheal'. And the guy played bass very well, the boys were astonished just as we were! They let him do all the song and the audience were on fire!!!! I was jalous (ok, I don't play bass but still :bomb:)

Starts @1min45 here:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ixLqI3oWqqw]YouTube- Michael - Franz Ferdinand Live at Rennes, France (Le Liberté), 2009 November 28th[/ame]

I don't think they play it in november... :thinking: Don't remember... But at the gig I was, Alex picked a guy in the audience to replace Bob on 'Micheal'. And the guy played bass very well, the boys were astonished just as we were! They let him do all the song and the audience were on fire!!!! I was jalous (ok, I don't play bass but still :bomb:)

Starts @1min45 here:

Haha, that's awesome! :D

They did play Darts in Amsterdam in November as one of the encore songs. I just checked, they played loads of songs from the début. :freak:

I haz bootleg from the Amsterdam show. It's pretty decent (for a bootleg anyway). :nice:

Starts @1min45 here:

WHAAAAT????!!!!!! OOOOH I had never seen such a thing!! That's more than awsome! INCREIBLE!!!! MY GOD!!!! jajajajajaja.... I'm just starting to play the bass so... I could be the next one to play with them jajajja:rolleyes: ( see my threat start to play the bass).

Has this happened any other time? Well I've only seen a thing like this in a U2 concert, but never ever inColdplay!

Do they usually pick people from the audence? franz I mean. :P

Now I love them more. Such a lucky boy and he played really welll.

I gonna try with no you girls, sound good the bass.

WHAAAAT????!!!!!! OOOOH I had never seen such a thing!! That's more than awsome! INCREIBLE!!!! MY GOD!!!! jajajajajaja.... I'm just starting to play the bass so... I could be the next one to play with them jajajja:rolleyes: ( see my threat start to play the bass).

Has this happened any other time? Well I've only seen a thing like this in a U2 concert, but never ever inColdplay!

Do they usually pick people from the audence? franz I mean. :P

Now I love them more. Such a lucky boy and he played really welll.

I gonna try with no you girls, sound good the bass.

I don't know if the Franz do it at every gig :confused: but when we saw that (I was with Chavi from this forum) we were :stunned: and so jalous :bomb:!!! The audience was already on fire but this put the crowd on the edge!! FRANZ FERDINAND FTW!

Here my pics from this show: http://www.monalbum.fr/Album=AC4O6AIC

I didn't film a lot cause I was too busy jumping and screaming like crazy :D

Here my vids:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kYcytn063dY]YouTube- Jam[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6SAqJkWkd7g]YouTube- No you girls[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M9jt6lpgRuA]YouTube- Walk away[/ame]

All of them are great, though I'd have to say that the self titled début is the best. :nice:

I personally really love Tonight as well (probably almost as much as s/t), but I'm not so keen on YCHISMB for some reason (although there are a couple fantastic songs on it :D). Go see them live if you can, they're amazing!

And Alex is hawt. :wacky:

YCHISMB has great songs in it; the problem is it doesn't hold so well as a unified album. Anyway, I love the band; the debut will probably be remembered as their classic.

I find it funny you guys say that. YCHISMB is actually my favorite. "Evil and a Heathen" is my tune. :dance:

Oh, and I second the "Alex is hawt" comment. :wacky:

Last time I saw Franz it was great until the last song

They played Lucid Dreams and the shitty attempt at "techno" at the end of the song bored me to death, not exactly the best way to end a gig.

I rather liked Lucid Dreams played live. They played it for over 15 minutes at the concert I was at (including an evil laugh at the end :lol:), but it felt like 5 minutes at most. But the song was a bit anticlimactic as the last song, I guess.

Last time Franz played at Paradiso in Amsterdam, this happened:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z4xIhy3lw5g&NR=1]http://www.youtube.com/watch#v=z4xIhy3lw5g[/ame]

[ame=

]
[/ame]

The stage flooded with people during Lucid Dreams and people were kind of reluctant to leave. Alex managed to lure them from the stage by jumping in the crowd. :awesome:

I wish I could've been there. :dozey:

Jajajaja That's great!!! I had never seen something like this, never a band as big as FF would do that!

I want to see them, well I mean, I need to see them!!! :wink3:

I love their style with that clothes that look a bit like 60s and specially their hair, except bass player (bob isn't it?) I think he looks a bit out of the others, don't know...

a-chan I love your photos, specially the second one, and the videos, those are one of my fav....

oh I've just heart for the first time Katherin kiss me...

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V77Sn4gAi3k]YouTube- Katherine Kiss Me[/ame]

sec. 0.30

I wish there was a song like this for my name!!! :bigcry:

Yeah Bob seems out of place. He reminds me of a big bear, kinda slow and he always seems to be dreaming XD He don't dress like a 60's old gentleman like the others. My favs FF boys are Nick who cracks me up by the way he holds his guitar and Alex is just priceless! On a french TV show they did last year, they ask him to sing a french song. Guess what? He sang a song we sing before a drinking game :lol: Scottish blood can't lie I guess XD

Does he speak French??? so I suppose he speaks english of course.... XD and german?

maybe one day he will sing in spanish! ajajajaja-

well i thinks it's more posible that chris (martin I mean) sings one day in spanish... he speaks quite well, with that tipicall english accent that, I must admit, make english people sound like they were a bit drunk when they speak in spanish!! jajaja. I don't wanna imagine how would an Scotish man like those boys sound in spanish....

One question is it true that Alex was studying atlogy? Does thet mean that he was going to be a priest or it's just that I'm not understanding correctly?

It doesn't make a lot of sense becaude of their lyrics.... so sexual and never refeared to God (U2 for example usually do that ex. Still haven't found) and specially with the gorgeous song Michael! I love the song and the lyrics! it's great that a man sings that, it's a big step to equality!

Does he speak French??? so I suppose he speaks english of course.... XD and german?

Yes, he speaks french a little :) The basics like Chris. Nick speaks a little french too. He has the typical cute british accent *w*

One question is it true that Alex was studying atlogy? Does thet mean that he was going to be a priest or it's just that I'm not understanding correctly?

It doesn't make a lot of sense becaude of their lyrics.... so sexual and never refeared to God (U2 for example usually do that ex. Still haven't found) and specially with the gorgeous song Michael! I love the song and the lyrics! it's great that a man sings that, it's a big step to equality!

I'm not aware of that :thinking:. I know (thx to his book) that before playing with FF, he worked severals years in restaurants as chef and wine waiter (hence his love for food).

Theology. It's possible, but not obligatory. I think you'd have to go to seminary after finishing a BA in theology to become a priest. But I never pegged Alex as a religious person, really. :thinking:

[ame=

]
[/ame]

THIS IS SO AWESOME :awesome:

"How does the riff for Take Me Out go again?" :laugh3:

LOL people are so stupid, asking if he was training to be a priest, funniest thing I've read all day.

Well it's not so stupid,,, :shocked2:i just read it and i wanned to know what do FF fans know.... just curious:embarrassed: