• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

FRANZ FERDINAND LATEST NEWS! :D:

Rex Features

Franz Ferdinand lead singer Alex Kapranos has revealed that the group's forthcoming album will be titled Tonight.

Speaking to NME, the frontman divulged that the record, their first since 2005's You Could Have It So Much Better, is "music for the dancefloor".

He said: "It's music of the night, so it seems like the most appropriate title. It suggests a performance too.

"I can picture a marquee outside a theatre saying 'Tonight: Franz Ferdinand', there's a sense of anticipation. It's music for the dancefloor, your bedroom as you psyche yourself up to go out."

'What She Came For' is rumoured to be the trailer single for the new album, which is scheduled for release in 2009.

Franz Ferdinand singer Alex Kapranos has revealed that the Scottish band's upcoming album will be dancefloor friendly.

The frontman told BBC News that the untitled record, their first since 2004's You Could Have It So Much Better, will not be a conventional rock album.

"The last record was fast, furious, frantic, 150 beats per minute. It was like a teenager having sex," he said. "This one's a bit more assured and a bit friendlier for the dancefloor. It's about 104/105bpm."

He added: "It does sound different and there are different instruments on the record, different tempos, a different attitude to making it. But it's always going to sound like a Franz Ferdinand record when it's the four of us making it. It's very much a dance record again this time."

Drummer Paul Thomson revealed earlier this year that the record was influenced by African music.

The untitled album is due out in early 2009.

Franz Ferdinand have used human bones as an instrument on their forthcoming album Tonight.

The band told MTV that they picked up the bones at an auction last year and did not know what to do with them until they needed a "percussive sound" for song 'Kiss Me'.

"We had this skeleton in a box that just ended up sitting in the corner of the studio and we all sort of looked at it and decided to experiment with it," said frontman Alex Kapranos.

"Nick [McCarthy] had the hands was clapping the bones together, Paul [Thompson] was working with the pelvis bone and a femur.

"We put the teeth in a glass jar and rattled that about. We smacked the ribs together and we got this really weird, f****d up kind of a sound that was wicked."

The band delayed the release of Tonight earlier this year, announcing that it will be in the shops in 2009.

Franz Ferdinand's third album will hit the shops in the UK on January 26, it has been announced.

Tonight: Franz Ferdinand will be released in the US the following day, reports NME.

Frontman Alex Kapranos explained the LP's title by saying: "I can picture a marquee outside a theatre saying 'Tonight: Franz Ferdinand'. There's a sense of anticipation."

He recently revealed that human bones are used as an instrument on the album, which features tracks including 'Bite Hard', 'Turn It On', 'Katherine, Kiss Me', 'Ulysses' and 'What She Came For'.

YAY!. January 26th is my birthday! :D

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...