✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

The Franz Ferdinand Thread

woohoo37

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hahaha! I love their smile..,

I think Nick must be a really good person, looks natrural and happy. I love his way of holding his guitar.

Me too!! The way he holds his guitar cracks me up XD So odd! On Nick, Alex wrote, on his book about eating on tour, the little habits of his bandmate in restaurant. Paul always put his napkin on his plate when he's finished as if he's covering a dead body (dixit Alex XD), Bob 'chew' his glass and Nick is apparently always daydreaming in front of his menu and always very surprised when the waiter 'wakes him up' when he asks him his order :laugh3:

Me too!! The way he holds his guitar cracks me up XD So odd! On Nick, Alex wrote, on his book about eating on tour, the little habits of his bandmate in restaurant. Paul always put his napkin on his plate when he's finished as if he's covering a dead body (dixit Alex XD), Bob 'chew' his glass and Nick is apparently always daydreaming in front of his menu and always very surprised when the waiter 'wakes him up' when he asks him his order :laugh3:

Alex has a book?? :shocked2:

but oh dear, they are weird. did alex say anything about his own habits in restaurants? i like Paul's habit-- giving respect to the food when it's all gone. :laugh3::laugh3:

Alex has a book?? :shocked2:

Yeah :) It's called 'sound bites'. It was at first a column he did for the journal The Guardian but with its success he made a book of it.

178.jpg

[ame=http://www.amazon.co.uk/Sound-Bites-Eating-Franz-Ferdinand/dp/1905490097]Sound Bites: Eating on Tour with "Franz Ferdinand": Amazon.co.uk: Alex Kapranos: Books[/ame]

did alex say anything about his own habits in restaurants? i like Paul's habit-- giving respect to the food when it's all gone. :laugh3::laugh3:

Yeah he did actually! He spoke also about his own experience as commis in kitchen's restaurants, a job he did for years before Franz and where he met Bob. He also spoke about his experience with food as a child (which is quite funny!). The book is overall quite funny (he ate things I couldn't XD), there are little drawings (not from Alex) and our frontman is a good writer. I enjoyed it very much :D

^^wow. have to see if it's available here in my country but well, i highly doubt it. :shame: and can't buy it online 'cause i don't have credit card :shame::shame:

I never find it in my country since it's in english so I bought in on amazon.

he must love food so much. :D

He does! :lol: He spoke about it sometimes on his twitter account (not a fake): http://twitter.com/alkapranos

Never found the other three on twitter :/

I don't know how to make twiter go...

I have never seen that book in here... I will have to wait for the future, when I leave to go to England or Scotland...:( OMG my father ALWAYS ALWAYS chews his glass too...

Does he say their favourite food??? What has he eaten you woildn't??

I don't know how to make twiter go...

You don't need to sign in, you can just booked Alex twitter page and check it out from time to time.

Does he say their favourite food??? What has he eaten you woildn't??

Bull testes for example... :confused: :lol: (Alex don't like it either XD) but Alex loves a lot of stuff, so I don't remember one in particular... :thinking:

ALEX ON TWITTER! *follows* :laugh3::laugh3::wacky:
Your avatar wins. :D

The story about the pancakes made me laugh so hard. :lol:

@Koala: if you can order from cdwow, you might be able to buy the book. You can pay with paypal or iDeal (I think).

You know you can't ever change that avatar, right? :P I wonder how it ended up on the web. :D

I haven't seen any of the videos yet, except for a part of No You Girls. But I don't watch music channels. Guess I'll need to do some youtubing soon. :nice:

Does anyone here have any of the dvds? (dunno if there's more than one tbh) I have the self titled one and it's pretty awesome. :cheesy:

You know you can't ever change that avatar, right? :P I wonder how it ended up on the web. :D

I haven't seen any of the videos yet, except for a part of No You Girls. But I don't watch music channels. Guess I'll need to do some youtubing soon. :nice:

i might change it if i can find a pic more scandalous than that. :laugh3::laugh3: but right now, it's staying. :wacky:

i don't really watch music videos as well. just saw it on my recommended videos on youtube. i've only seen no you girls, ulysses and cant'stop feeling. :disappointed:

Does anyone here have any of the dvds? (dunno if there's more than one tbh) I have the self titled one and it's pretty awesome. :cheesy:

I think there is only one :thinking: I've got this one:

franz-ferdinand-edition-2-dvd-7745427.jpeg

Love the documentary called 'Tour de Franz' (:laugh3: word game about 'tour de france', the french famous bicycle race... You see Bob came up with that on the documentary XD). As for the lives are great as usual :cool:

For the music video, I think my favorite will always be 'Take me out' cause this is the song that started it all for me back in 2004... :rolleyes: and it's just so 'franzish' (The one for 'this fire' is kinda like this one too)

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xZGcw9HHOkU]YouTube- Franz Ferdinand - Take me Out[/ame]

I love the one for 'Walk away' cause it's a mini retro movie!

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qJtrWONXUtk]YouTube- Franz Ferdinand - Walk Away[/ame]

Dark of the matinee is cool too. So retro-kitch :lol:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hQZzB0-yMeI]YouTube- The Dark of The Matinée - Franz Ferdinand - Music Videos[/ame]

I like 'do you want to' also where they crash into a contemporain (?) museum /party :lol: but for this one, I'll put the ending credit of a japanese anime (called 'Paradise kiss') which used this song on it! I was :shocked2: and :dance: when I watched it! It suited the anime well ^^

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MMyewX1aDRs]YouTube- Paradise Kiss - Ending (Franz Ferdinand - Do You Want To)[/ame]

HI!

I love their videos... I like michael too. This fire is good, but he (alex) reminds me of Muse singer, Matt... hahahaha. I think my fav is Do you want to.

I have read that they are going to make a DVD of a concert in Lima...

Btw, are there any news of new CD? or is it too soon to make a new one....? I want to see them in concert!!!!

Ohh do you know what???! I have played a new song of them on bass.. it's not difficult but I like it. Come on home...

Naaaa, Alex is better than Matt Bellamy in every way !! :smug: But that's true, they look alike? I guess it's the thin face and jaw line.

As for a new album, they've just finished the Latin America tour. But Alex said a few weeks ago that he started writing again with Nick. Here the quote from BBC music

"I've been round at Nick's and we've been writing some things, and trying to do things in a different way again," he explained. "You'll hear it before too long."

Kapranos added that he was a touch wary about revealing too much about the writing sessions this early on, however.

"Before the last record I talked far too much about it," he said, "as we had the ideas and I made a vow that I wasn't going to say anything about what we are actually doing until we've done it, and then wait about another three weeks."

Didn't I posted it here already?? :thinking: If not, sorry!