✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

The Franz Ferdinand Thread

woohoo37

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I love Franz Ferdinand......an his video of Darts of Pleasure...is funny...strange...crazy...:rolleyes:

Yeah, FF own personal commercial for Colgate :lol:

imagen030ib.jpg

and these are of december at the same year

http://img202.imageshack.us/g/franzferdinand104.jpg/

THANKS for the pics:!!! Niiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiick and I LOVE Alex with this shirt!! :bomb: I've already said this, but stripes suits him well.

I love Franz Ferdinand......an his video of Darts of Pleasure...is funny...strange...crazy...:rolleyes:

:laugh4:

I love the end of the song so much. 'Ich heiße superfantastisch, ich trinke Schampus mit Lachsfisch' :lol:

Everytime I listen to this song, the last two lines are stuck in my head for at least a whole day.

^^ hAHAHAHA Yeah I've read the same... I think it's realted to Do you want to?

hahaha I've gotta make somebody love me because I'm super fantastic and I drink Champagne and salmon XDXD

I love the shirt too! The best thing is that they look as they are having really fun on the stage and that's so good.... Look at Bob in that photo! XD

The Google translation is so weird. "My name is super fantastic. I drink champagne with salmon fish." Is this right?? because it doesn't make sense. :thinking::thinking:

It is right; is doesn't make sense nevertheless. :lol:

You don't say "Lachsfisch" in German. You wouldn't say 'salmon fish' as well, would you?

I guess it's a) a metaphor for a status that women like men to have (being rich = having much expensive champagne and salmon = someone to marry :rolleyes:) and b) just so pointless that it's funny.

The first time I heard it I thought 'What the hell? Why do they say Lachsfisch?!'. But as I got more into Franz' music, I noticed that it's not that big of a deal, is it? :laugh4:

I got recently very addicted to them as I got all their albums. I started with the most recent one, but got the other two (are there just three? :thinking:) about a month ago. Can't stop listening. :nice:

It is right; is doesn't make sense nevertheless. :lol:

You don't say "Lachsfisch" in German. You wouldn't say 'salmon fish' as well, would you?

I guess it's a) a metaphor for a status that women like men to have (being rich = having much expensive champagne and salmon = someone to marry :rolleyes:) and b) just so pointless that it's funny.

The first time I heard it I thought 'What the hell? Why do they say Lachsfisch?!'. But as I got more into Franz' music, I noticed that it's not that big of a deal, is it? :laugh4:

I'd go for B. It is just so pointless that it's funny. :laugh3::laugh3:

I got recently very addicted to them as I got all their albums. I started with the most recent one, but got the other two (are there just three? :thinking:) about a month ago. Can't stop listening. :nice:

Same here. :wacky: I did not even pay at No You Girls even after a few times of seeing it on TV, but thought that it's just so catchy. Then, got the album. Loved it. Then, got the other two. Now, I just can't start my day without listening to them. :laugh3::laugh3:

^^^ Same to me.. but I started with Ulysses... and I decided to look more songs because of their vid and because of Paul tatoo and the fact that I found Alex quite handsom and sexy... yeah not good reasons but now I can't stop listening to them...

You're late fans, it"s cute :) I remember back in 2004 being in university and can't stop listening to 'Take me out' on radio...seing the album everywhere in store. They were THE new band everyone was talking about! And they came at a festival where I was studying but I haven't been able to go cause I was working for the summer in my hometown, miles away.... :facepalm:

This band reminds me of my uni years, they are special to me.

Well, I really am a late fan, not just for FF, but all other bands i'm liking right now. My friend said I'm a late bloomer. :disappointed::disappointed:

but yeah, better late than never. :wacky:

saw this in tumblr. Crazy alex and his flowery shirt. :wacky::laugh3::laugh3:

tumblr_l14fapwVNq1qa658do1_500.jpg

Well, I really am a late fan, not just for FF, but all other bands i'm liking right now. My friend said I'm a late bloomer. :disappointed::disappointed:

Don't worry me too :laugh3:

saw this is tumblr. Crazy alex and his flowery shirt. :wacky::laugh3::laugh3:

tumblr_l14fapwVNq1qa658do1_500.jpg

:laugh3: priceless! The match flowery shirt and stripped pants are a little odd...where is the fashion police?! XD Alex, you choose better usually!

Nick a safer taste

franz_ferdinand_28.jpg

Nick-McCarthy-franz-ferdinand-3063787-579-990.jpg

i LOVE the way he's holding his guitar :D Nick, you're the best!

edit: I just watched an interview, first time. out of curiosity. and alex's accent is :awesome: :laugh3::laugh3:

+1000

You hadn't seen them in ITV before?

They always make me laugh in ITV, they are so cute and funny. Love the scottish accent! And Alex speaks well french :rolleyes: There is a french ITV that I LOVE where they ask him to sing a french song..and he sang an old traditionnal 'drinking song' (dunno if it's how you say it in english, but you sings that before a drinking games on familly reunions or events). It's 'knights of the round table'. So amazing he knows an old song like that but it didn't surprised me on the 'subject' XDD

Here it is (sorry, the sound is a little off synchro... :/ and there are others artists interviewed, but FF are here several times on both )

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ilJIz4o71IE]YouTube- Franz Ferdinand - Boite à Questions 2009[/ame]

and an other one that is older:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CfZxDNWCGhY&NR=1]YouTube- Franz Ferdinand & Jane Birkin - La Boite à Question[/ame]

Love the swear words XD Nick is so cute!!

+1000

You hadn't seen them in ITV before?

They always make me laugh in ITV, they are so cute and funny. Love the scottish accent! And Alex speaks well french :rolleyes: There is a french ITV that I LOVE where they ask him to sing a french song..and he sang an old traditionnal 'drinking song' (dunno if it's how you say it in english, but you sings that before a drinking games on familly reunions or events). It's 'knights of the round table'. So amazing he knows an old song like that but it didn't surprised me on the 'subject' XDD

:laugh3::laugh3::laugh3: his last tweets were about being busted for drinking tequila on the streets of Mexico. alex-> :drunk::drunk::drunkjoe:

Love the swear words XD Nick is so cute!!

what exactly was the bad word? it was in french, right? i just knew they were talking about it when they said that they are not allowed to say it on Tv. :thinking:

and alex and his inhaler.... :wacky:

what exactly was the bad word? it was in french, right? i just knew they were talking about it when they said that they are not allowed to say it on Tv. :thinking:

The bad words were:

From Alex: 'putain de merde' that you can translate as 'holly fucking shit' in meaning XD (litteraly it's "whore's shit")

From Nick, he said 'enculé' =motherfucker :lol:

In the second vid:

Alex said: 'salope' which means 'bitch' and he said again 'putain de merde' and Nick, again, said 'enculé' XDD

It's good to see they don't change years, after years :laugh3: But in France, you can swear on TV, it's not like in england where it's censored and they have to pay when you do it!

As for the song, it's always the same for Alex 'Chevaliers de la table Ronde' (translate of what he sang: knights of the Round Table, Go taste if the wine is good, Go taste yes, yes, yes, Go taste, no, no, no..if the wine is good) XD And Nick sang 'Le coq est mort, le coq est mort' which means 'the rooster is dead' (x2) :lol:

:)

Late fans, don't worry, is never to late to know a band like Franz Ferdinand

i started listening This Fire and when i listened Take Me Out, i realized that they where incredible. Since them i have been in all the concerts that wich i was able to go:escaping2:. They are very funny in the stage and they are so grateful with his fans:)

And i bring again some pics from the Festival of Benicassim in 2006

http://img13.imageshack.us/g/fib2006172.jpg/

and Rock In Rio Madrid 2008...i hope you like theme

dscf1226copia.jpg

dscf1236copia.jpg

dscf1263copia.jpg

dscf1248copia.jpg

dscf1240copia.jpg

dscf1284copia.jpg

and i like this video to much:rolleyes:

[ame=

]
[/ame]

Thanks for the pics!!! :kiss:

love auf achse :rolleyes:

Lovw their accent and clothes... specially stripe shirts... XD

+1

They have this unique retro style :cool:, so different from what we are used to for a rock band!

Yeah, accents are fun even if the scot one is hard to understand...

little ITV about song writting (Nick is so gorgeous here!)

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LrGv9Ner88k]YouTube- Franz Ferdinand Songwriting Tips[/ame]

And for fun....Nick being...Nick XDD

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mhfH1l_Iio8]YouTube- Franz Ferdinand Video Diary 2[/ame]

Glad he didn't use this 'toilet noise' in the album! But I guess they catch up with this in the last record with playing drums with bones... :lol: