✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

The Franz Ferdinand Thread

woohoo37

I think NME are late with this news

franz_ferd_tinpark09_paph_01.jpg

Franz Ferdinand to make live comeback with 'secret' Spanish gigs

Band to play trio of shows in November, but won't reveal the venues

Franz Ferdinand are set to play a trio of 'secret' gigs in Spain. The band will make their live comeback next month, and have confirmed the dates, cities and supports for their shows, but not the locations.

The venues will not be confirmed until the day of each gig.

So far the band have confirmed they will play Barcelona with Dinero on November 4, San Sebastian with Igloo on November 6 and Malaga with The Bleach on November 8.

There will be 600 pairs of tickets for each show. For information on how to claim them, head to http://www.Dominorecordco.com

http://www.nme.com/news/franz-ferdinand/53632

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest howyousawtheworld

Last album was a return to form after a slightly dodgy but still solid 2nd album. Have high expectations for the 4th one.

I bet they are recording now, I wouldn't mind some new Franz tunes.

this:dance:

i remeber back in 2005 they were going to play in Lebanon at a festival, it was sold out 2 months before the concert...but then they cancelled to play US shows but promised to come back in summer 2006 but war started:( when they relesed their third album i was sure they were going to come here but they never did:cry: i hope they do once the 4th album is out:\.

• 2 weeks later...

Some bits of news about a new record from Alex on twitter...

alkapranos

Well, it hasn't been recorded yet, but something good will be coming along soon..;=) RT @MarMurubeArt when is the new album coming out?

:o :dance:

alkapranos

No, something else. RT @Remyw As in; news regarding the new album?

:dozey:

alkapranos

How else CAN you record vocals? RT @hipsorcars something else than a new album? what are you gonna do? sing without clothes or something?

:laugh3:

Wonder what this 'sthg good' is... tour dates??? :awesome:

Alex just tweet this:

alkapranos

Do It Again. Ah, here we go: Paul, Will, Patrick, @EdwynCollins & @NickMcCarthyFF looking very cool - http://bit.ly/gIsYlj

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gum9fRtV1-g]YouTube - Do It Again (feat. Alex Kapranos and Nick McCarthy)[/ame]

OMG, the looks... :lol: Between Alex' moustache and Nick's long 70's hair, I don't know what is worst... :facepalm: :laugh3: but it's so good to see them doing some music!!! :dance:

And now, I've got the confirmation that @NickMcCarthyFF is indeed our beloved Nick...I was following for quite sometimes but wasn't sure it was him because of the long hair pic of his profil but now I know it's indeed him...lol

I guess :shrug: but I hope it's a fake mustache!! Nick's hair on the contrary are real... :/

Or if it's real, he should shave it ASAP! :laugh3::laugh3: the hair is bad but he looks okay with it. I think. I can picture him in tight bell bottom jeans and shirt. So... vintage. :laugh3:

I can picture him in tight bell bottom jeans and shirt.

Nick's trademark :awesome: As long as he keep his fine hass in good pants, I guess we could consider ourselves happy?! :lol:

But I want new music, even if it means endure bad looks on stage... :lol:

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Cryptic twitter msgs from Alex:

alkapranos

I have to apologise to everyone in Mexico for the cancelled DJ gigs. All I can say at the moment is it is because of recording commitments.

alkapranos

Nick and I only have a limited amount of time to work - for very positive reasons which will become clear.

alkapranos

I'll come back later in the year & make it up to you. The support from everyone in Mexico has always been phenomenal & we all appreciate it.

alkapranos

...Or make a new record! I'll come back only when we've done that.

:awesome: this smells writing sessions with Niiiiiiiiiiiiiiick :awesome: :dance:

Guest howyousawtheworld

Alex Kapranos shares the same alma mater as me!

Looking forward to LP4. 3rd album sounded really good and quite electronic.

I wonder when we can expect LP4?

They seems to be pretty in low key mode and doing a lot of other side projets so I think it will take quite some time sadly... :confused: Hope I'm wrong.

I need new Franz tunes. :bomb:

+1

(love your Sherlock avi btw :D )

Thanks! :awesome: I'm so obsessed with the show. Speaking of which, I need new Sherlock episodes too. :bomb:

ahaha :lol: same here! S2 will be aired at the end of this year :D Can't wait to see Sherlock & Holmes back in action! In the meantime, I'll rewatch the DVD :rolleyes:

• 11 months later...

at last... some news!

from billboard:

The idea of making a dirty pop record -- this is what has been on our minds," Franz Ferdinand frontman Alex Kapranos tells Billboard.com of the band's ongoing studio sessions in Glasgow. A new, as-yet-untitled album is expected from the group this summer via Epic.

"It's the opposite of punk/pop, which took something that was wonderful and removed all the dirt," Kapranos says. The approach is best-heard on "Ride Together," a "full-on upbeat, riding across the desert rock song. A lot of the other stuff is more rhythm- and dance-based," he says.

After demoing material in Glasgow, the group intended to record the album in a proper studio in London. But after trial sessions there, "we decided the ones we did in Glasgow sounded much better," according to Kapranos. "There was a real dirtiness, edge and attitude."

"We've decided we're going to do it up here, ourselves," he continues. "It's funny, because logically everything is wrong. We should go to a big studio and spend millions. But logic is never appropriate when you're making music. You've gotta trust your instincts. This stuff made us want to get up and dance."

Aiding the band's new sonic endeavors are some old Russian synthesizers. "We found this thing called a Polyvox, built by a Russian engineer in the late '70s," Kapranos says. "He'd heard what a Moog was and had heard the sounds, but had no idea how to make one. He worked out how it would be made and made his version of what he thought a synth would be."

He concludes, "For me, the imperfections are what makes it perfect, like the cheapest, shittiest guitars through practice amps."

• 5 weeks later...

Looks like the latest thing up above your post is it so far. I've not heard anything new.

If that bit that oldmuckers posted is any indication, though, I'm looking very forward to the new album. I'm quite intrigued about this "dirty pop".

And I will make a note to try and see them when they tour again, too. They're another band I've yet to see live.