✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

The official **KEANE** thread

LifeIs4Living

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^^You sound so amiable :nice: To say something Keane-related, I do like Hopes and Fears, more or less, Nothing in My Way and Crystall Ball from UTIS and that's pretty much all I can say I like. I remember trying to like Perfect Symmetry but it didn't work for me. And Night Train EP - awful.

Yeah, Night Train was kinda...blah. My Shadow was great, though. (although I do like a lot of it, it's not the same as teh awesome that is UTIS! :dazzled:)

The band themselves did say that it was kind of a "let's see what happens" experimental record, though. :shrug:

The videos that they've posted on their website hint that basically, old Keane is coming back.

With guitars. :awesome:

And yes, you will find that I'm generally amiable. Or hyper. Or pervy. :P

(Taameen knows this well)

Kenae? :laugh3:

Yeah, Night Train was pretty much an experiment/"let's do whatever we want and throw it on this EP." Perfect Symmetry isn't actually too bad after a few repeat listens, but I personally think UTIS is the best Keane album. Hopes and Fears is amazing too; it just doesn't have the same depth for me.

Well, they've been posting a lot of updates on their website recently, and Soveriegn Light Cafe and Disconnected are on it :dazzled: (they've played both live before). Both of those songs are piano/guitar (Keane with guitars! :o) songs, with hardly any strange electronic sounds. So this album is probably going to sound somewhat like H&F. Which is not a bad thing.

Oh, and Taameen, in the most recent update, Tom played the guitar. :P

Kenae? :laugh3:

Damn fingers. Always hitting the wrong keys.

UTIS is the best Keane album.

I wholeheartedly agree.

I haven't been keeping up with them since their laughably horrible Perfect Symmetry. I despise it. Better than Nickelback, but definitely worse than The Wiggles.

:thinking: Okay, I don't like Perfect Symmetry as much as UTIS or H&F, but I don't think it's worse than the Wiggles (and definitely better than Nickelback :lol:)

*off-topic I woke up at 5:00 without an alarm today*

Wait, when did I hit 3,000?

:thinking: Okay, I don't like Perfect Symmetry as much as UTIS or H&F, but I don't think it's worse than Nickelback.

*off-topic I woke up at 5:00 without an alarm today*

I said it's BETTER than Nickelback. But worse than The Wiggles. In between the two. Ya dig?

And awesome. I am still awake working on a paper, though I'm about to sleep for a couple hours. College suxxx

Stupid slow computer. :bomb: It should be edited now.

I have to go to the bus stop in 40 minutes, I think. Hooray for not being tired for once.

(crap, I have the entrance test for the school I'm trying to get in to [NERD SCHOOL :awesome:]

on Saturday)