✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

The official **KEANE** thread

LifeIs4Living

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

New album details are out! And here we go: Keane will return on May 7th with a brand new studio album called Strangeland. The band will chasing their fourth consecutive UK number one following 'Hopes and Fears' in 2004, 'Under the Iron Sea' in 2006 and 'Perfect Symmetry' in 2008.

In the past four years the East Sussex boys took a break from releasing a conventional studio album and released an extended EP called 'Night Train' back in 2010.

Tracklist:

1. You Are Young

2. Silenced By The Night

3. Disconnected

4. Watch How You Go

5. Sovereign Light Café

6. On The Road

7. The Starting Line

8. Black Rain

9. Neon River

10. Day Will Come

11. In Your Own Time

12. Sea Fog

Also expected: a deluxe edition with 4 bonus track and a box set version with the 4 bonus tracks and a coffee table book! I am so pumped for this album right now!

New album details are out! And here we go: Keane will return on May 7th with a brand new studio album called Strangeland. The band will chasing their fourth consecutive UK number one following 'Hopes and Fears' in 2004, 'Under the Iron Sea' in 2006 and 'Perfect Symmetry' in 2008.

In the past four years the East Sussex boys took a break from releasing a conventional studio album and released an extended EP called 'Night Train' back in 2010.

Tracklist:

1. You Are Young

2. Silenced By The Night

3. Disconnected

4. Watch How You Go

5. Sovereign Light Café

6. On The Road

7. The Starting Line

8. Black Rain

9. Neon River

10. Day Will Come

11. In Your Own Time

12. Sea Fog

Also expected: a deluxe edition with 4 bonus track and a box set version with the 4 bonus tracks and a coffee table book! I am so pumped for this album right now!

This box set version sounds pretty interesting... :inquisitive:

Tracklist:

1. You Are Young

2. Silenced By The Night

3. Disconnected

4. Watch How You Go

5. Sovereign Light Café

6. On The Road

7. The Starting Line

8. Black Rain

9. Neon River

10. Day Will Come

11. In Your Own Time

12. Sea Fog

I really hope this is true!!!!

I want the box set! :D

^ :o PS was the best album for me, it flowed better than the previous two. I thought it would be more like the Night Train EP but it sounds closer to UTIS. I was just about to create a thread for the new album when I saw this. It is a great name for an album, the boys seem pretty confident about it. I am gonna pre-order the special edition when I have the money. Apparently, they are gonna release two singles first. Disconnected in the UK and Silenced By The Night in the US, which sounds amazing by the way in the second half of the video.

I thought Perfect Symmetry - aside from the title track and maybe 2 other songs - was terrible. Its best song was a B-side (My Shadow) that later wound up on the even worse Night Train. I truly hope they can recover from those. UTIS is one of my favorite albums ever and so the last thing I want Keane to do is turn into "early 90's cheese pop meets The Fray" (which was basically how PS sounded).

New album will get a fair listen from me regardless since it's only been one major strike so far (gonna be nice and overlook Night Train since it was an experimental EP).

Yeah it flowed well, but so does a running river of diarrheal shit.

The songs were terrible. Lyrics were uninspired. I don't know. I much much much prefer UTIS.

I can see where you're coming from when you compare it to HAF but to me PS was like MX because of the enormous energy in the songs. Anyway, i believe them when they said that this is their best album. SBTN sounds like it could be a real Keane classic.