The official **KEANE** thread

LifeIs4Living

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 years later...
NEW STUFF!?!?

Yes! Their new album called 'Cause and Effect' will be released on 20 September this year. The band have also announced new concert dates.

[spoiler=A full article]

Keane Announce New Album, ‘Cause And Effect’, Share ‘The Way I Feel’ Video

The new album is set for release on 20 September and the band have also announced a series of US and UK dates.

Keane have announced the release of their new album, Cause And Effect, for 20 September, which sees the much-acclaimed outfit returning after a five-year hiatus.

Cause And Effect, the long-awaited follow-up to Strangeland, was previewed on Thursday with the premiere of a music video for ‘The Way I Feel,’ a catchy and powerful anthem, which you can check out below.

‘The Way I Feel’ video was directed by former 10cc mainstay Kevin Godley, who previously directed the video for the band’s hit single ‘Is It Any Wonder’ and Chaplin’s solo release ‘Still Waiting’, as well as making promos for U2, Hozier and Gavin Friday.

As an official statement suggests, neither Keane as a unit nor lead singer Tom Chaplin were really expecting this burst of creativity to strike when it did:

“The birth of this new album came as something of a surprise even to the band”, the statement reads. “Singer Tom Chaplin had released two successful solo albums but missed his old sparring partner Tim Rice-Oxley. “I found myself wondering how I had come to let this very enigmatic and important relationship in my life drift,” Tom says.

“Meanwhile Tim had written an album’s worth of incredibly personal songs fuelled by humour as well as pain. When Tom, bassist Jesse Quin and drummer Richard Hughes heard the songs, they were immediately drawn to them both sonically and lyrically.

“Hopes and Fears was a break-up album too, but it was about a break-up when I was 19,” Rice-Oxley explains. “It’s a bit different when you’re older and you’ve got kids – your whole little world shifts on its axis.”

In addition to announcing Cause And Effect and sharing ‘The Way I Feel, Keane have announced some new tour dates, including special shows in Los Angeles and New York in the autumn of 2019. Visit the band’s official website for tickets and further information on all these dates.

Keane play the following shows:

August 6: New York, Bowery Ballroom

August 12: Los Angeles, Roxy

September 24: Birmingham, Symphony Hall

September 25: Leicester, De Montfort Hall

September 26: Manchester, Apollo

September 28: London, Royal Albert Hall

September 29: London, Royal Albert Hall

October 1: Newcastle, City Hall

October 2: Edinburgh, Usher Hall

October 4: Nottingham, Royal Concert Hall

October 5: Brighton, Brighton Centre