✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

The official **KEANE** thread

LifeIs4Living

I think I will cry if the next album is like PS. I hated that album. I hated how electronic they became.

H&F and UTIS was brilliant in my opinion and I wish to the PTB will return to that sound/style. Chaplin was a much better song writer when he was on drugs.

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think I will cry if the next album is like PS. I hated that album. I hated how electronic they became.

H&F and UTIS was brilliant in my opinion and I wish to the PTB will return to that sound/style. Chaplin was a much better song writer when he was on drugs.

I don't think Stramgeland will be anything like PS or the NT EP... :P

What is PTB?? Also, Tim Rice-Oxley writes most of the songs. The only one that I know Tom Chaplin wrote was The Hamburg Song on UTIS :D:smug:

I don't think Stramgeland will be anything like PS or the NT EP... :P

What is PTB?? Also, Tim Rice-Oxley writes most of the songs. The only one that I know Tom Chaplin wrote was The Hamburg Song on UTIS :D:smug:

PTB = Powers That Be. ;)

I meant to say that I wish to the PTB that they will return to the sound and style of the old. :)

I used to love Keane but after their last album I lost interest, so I don't know how to feel about the new album, I am intreged to hear it though and I hope one day they would return to the old sound from 'hopes and fears'. (I don't like the fact they have made that jesse a full time member by the look of it)

I used to love Keane but after their last album I lost interest, so I don't know how to feel about the new album, I am intreged to hear it though and I hope one day they would return to the old sound from 'hopes and fears'. (I don't like the fact they have made that jesse a full time member by the look of it)

Why? I think they are better for it. Plus, there is no change he was an unofficial full time member anyway. It was sensible to recognise his work. He obviouslly earnt it.

am i the only person that loves ps? ):

No you're not. I LOVE it too!

I don't want them to sound like H&F again. Despite I love that album I'm not keen on the idea of another album made exclusively of piano driven songs. I'd rather like to see them experiment with keyboards, synths and stuff (like the moog effect they posted in a video).

am i the only person that loves ps? ):

You're not alone! In fact, I like it even better than Hopes and Fears (Under the Iron Sea is still my top favorite though! And Night Train is (obviously) on the last place:P)

I respect people who dislike Perfect Symmetry. I don't dislike it.

At first I was quite shocked by it because it was a big change for Keane. Not only sonically, but also it was weird to see them so happy, colourful, poppy... We were used to that dark/sad image of Keane. But I'm glad they did change, they almost split up in 2006 and I think that PS was their salvation.

My favourite album is UTIS, closely followed by H&F and then comes PS. The thing is that I can ALWAYS listen to H&F and UTIS cause they fit my mood, personality or whatever. But I have to be extremely happy and energetic to say "Hey, let's listen to Spiralling, Better than this or Pretend that you're alone!"

I think that it was a very important experience for them and that they've learned a lot from it. They're not stupid and they've obviously realised that PS didn't have the same effect on people than UTIS or H&F had. You just had to go to their gigs to see that people were much more excited when they played Everybody's changing or Crystal ball than any other PS track.

I'm liking the sound and the idea of Strangeland A LOT. I already love Sovereign Light Cafe and Disconnected. And, by the way, Silenced by the night will premiere as a first single in the US on March 12!

Nope, Hamburg Song was written by Tim FOR Tom. Tom has written: Closer now, Call me what you like, Maybe I can change and Playing along. Although, of course, both him and Richard have participated in all the songwritin process, even though is Tim who comes with the base.

Preview single Silenced by the night (30s)

Silenced by the night - Keane (Single Preview, 2012) - YouTube

:awesome:

Anyway, to contribute to the debate about PS, I actually think that it's pretty good. Granted, UTIS is my favorite album of theirs, but I like the energy that they had.

Additionally, there are quite a few songs that are great to run along to. :wink:

I respect people who dislike Perfect Symmetry. I don't dislike it.

At first I was quite shocked by it because it was a big change for Keane. Not only sonically, but also it was weird to see them so happy, colourful, poppy... We were used to that dark/sad image of Keane. But I'm glad they did change, they almost split up in 2006 and I think that PS was their salvation.

My favourite album is UTIS, closely followed by H&F and then comes PS. The thing is that I can ALWAYS listen to H&F and UTIS cause they fit my mood, personality or whatever. But I have to be extremely happy and energetic to say "Hey, let's listen to Spiralling, Better than this or Pretend that you're alone!"

I think that it was a very important experience for them and that they've learned a lot from it. They're not stupid and they've obviously realised that PS didn't have the same effect on people than UTIS or H&F had. You just had to go to their gigs to see that people were much more excited when they played Everybody's changing or Crystal ball than any other PS track.

I'm liking the sound and the idea of Strangeland A LOT. I already love Sovereign Light Cafe and Disconnected. And, by the way, Silenced by the night will premiere as a first single in the US on March 12!

Nope, Hamburg Song was written by Tim FOR Tom. Tom has written: Closer now, Call me what you like, Maybe I can change and Playing along. Although, of course, both him and Richard have participated in all the songwritin process, even though is Tim who comes with the base.

Oh, i stand corrected. I didnt realise he wrote PA. I love that song. One of my favourites on PS!

Yes, he did write Playing Along, I can't find a source right now... Although it's in Wikipedia and, during the PS tour, everytime he sang that song acoustic it was just him and his guitar and he always said that he had written that song, and why, and that that was just a moment for him and the audience (Tim, Richard and Jesse weren't on stage).

And yep, Silenced by the night will be the first single in the US. They say it's gonna be Disconnected in the UK.