✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

The Best Sequels Ever Made

This was inspired by the Men in Black thread which pointed out that the second one wasn't half as good as the first. Which most sequels aren't. So what are the ones that you think are not only as good as the first one, but maybe even better? Here are my choices:

- The Empire Strikes Back

- Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade

- The Godfather II

- Return of the King

- Ghostbusters II

- Terminator 2: Judgement Day (WAAAAYYYY better than the first one)

- The Empire Strikes Back

- Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade

- The Godfather II

- Return of the King

- Ghostbusters II

- Terminator 2: Judgement Day (WAAAAYYYY better than the first one)

I'd agree with The Empire Strikes Back, Terminator 2 and The Godfather II (I didn't think it was better than the first, but it wasn't far off). I'm not a fan of Ghostbusters, I haven't seen ROTK yet, and I thought Raiders Of The Lost Ark was the best Indiana Jones movie.

I also choose Back To The Future Part II. Back To The Future was brilliant enough, but part 2 was just sensational. The less said about part 3 the better.

I considered Back to the Future II and Aliens, because they were both good, but I guess I left them out because they had such tough acts to follow that they couldn't possibly live up. I do admire that those are both movies that differed from the first one, because way too many sequels just remake the first movie in a different setting.

I thought Aliens was much cooler than Alien.

Don't mean to nit-pick but LOTR is all one book, it was just split into three books for the ease of publishing and printing it in the 1950's and all the movies were filmed at the same time, so technically- THEY'RE NOT SEQUELS!!! JEEZ!

I also think 'The Spy Who Shagged Me' was way more biting and funny than the first Austin Powers.

I thought Aliens was much cooler than Alien.

Don't mean to nit-pick but LOTR is all one book, it was just split into three books for the ease of publishing and printing it in the 1950's and all the movies were filmed at the same time, so technically- THEY'RE NOT SEQUELS!!! JEEZ!

I also think 'The Spy Who Shagged Me' was way more biting and funny than the first Austin Powers.

I thought of that when I mentioned that, but LOTR would still be very easily divided into three distinct parts even if it wasn't already done for us by the publishers, and I sure as hell wouldn't pay for a 10 hour movie anyway. :P The bottom line is that they were all released separately, so I consider them sequels. If you went by that you wouldn't be able to use any Star Wars or Back to the Future movies either.