✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Sigur Rós

busybeeburns

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

my sister said that sigur ros genre is for depressive people, oh well.. the way of the music is really beautiful to me :wacko:

That's what everyone I know says, too. I don't think it's depressing... some of it is sad and beautiful, but a lot of it is also uplifting. And relaxing. And just pretty much... well, brilliant. :nice:

the second half of ( ) is very depressing, but that album stands far apart from the others. With the exception of a few other individual songs like ny batterei, most of their songs are either soothing, uplifting or relatively happy. Most songs deal with very strong emotions of some sort, but by no means are they a depressing band. Pretty much nothing off of their last two albums is particularly depressing. Sad or intense maybe, like saeglopur. But tracks like svefn-g-englar, vidrar vel ti loftarasa, olsen olsen, von, glosoli, hoppipolla etc. cancel out those accusations.

I'm hardly ever depressive.

In fact, I'm a cheerful person and I love the likes of Sigur Ros, Radiohead and Fleet Foxes.

People who claim this is depressing will end up getting depressive themselves in a couple of years, being fed up listening to Rihanna or Pussycat Dolls.

many people think that if the songs don't have a drumbeat or agressive chords then they are depressive... or that the lyrics are shit if they don't say things like oh you are so so so so so sext and i wanna fuck you fuck you fuck you yeah hot!

INstead Sigur Rós is uplifting, intense and brilliant

Yeah, especially at the end of a set, it must be absolutely exhausting. I am huge a fan of Orri's drumming. I love how he mostly plays with brushes (which not a lot of drummers do), so the beats have a soft, distinct sound like in Svefn-g-englar and agaetis byrjun, but then he'll use mallets on large bass drums like in von, njosnavelin, staralfur, or e-bow.

Especially in ( ) the drum beats are original and unlike anything I'd heard before (alafoss, daolaggio etc.), tough to follow some times. In ny batterei they use a cymbal that had been run over by a car, and I can't even describe what orri uses in glosoli.

My faves (drumming wise): Von, Svefn-g-englar, Ny Batterei, Fyrsta, Njosnavelin, Popplaggio, Glosoli and Meo suo i eyrum.

many people think that if the songs don't have a drumbeat or agressive chords then they are depressive... or that the lyrics are shit if they don't say things like oh you are so so so so so sext and i wanna fuck you fuck you fuck you yeah hot!

INstead Sigur Rós is uplifting, intense and brilliant

hahaha... sigur ros is not depressive music at all... the lyrics are really worth.. you see, Inní mér syngur vitleysingur has meaningful words in the song... i can repeat a hundred times in one day!!:cool:

Went to my universities film festival today and the very last film (that ended up winning) was by a guy who used to live on my hall about the life of a cyclist, and it featured a sigur ros soundtrack! The songs in the film were Hljómalind and Flugufrelsarinn, and the fact that they weren't typical Sigur Ros songs like Hoppipolla boosted by respect for him and the film loads. I even stayed around afterwards to congratulate him and compliment the music.

Went to my universities film festival today and the very last film (that ended up winning) was by a guy who used to live on my hall about the life of a cyclist, and it featured a sigur ros soundtrack! The songs in the film were Hljómalind and Flugufrelsarinn, and the fact that they weren't typical Sigur Ros songs like Hoppipolla boosted by respect for him and the film loads. I even stayed around afterwards to congratulate him and compliment the music.

That's awesome, it always makes me so happy when I see people my age listening to Sigur Ros, because it's such an excellent and refreshing change from the normal crap most teenagers I know listen to.