✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Sigur Rós

busybeeburns

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll find it.

I have so many albums, and yet no official place to put them. So they float around the house. Which is really annoying cos I don't trust my siblings with them - they always get scratched!!

My Parachutes, AROBTTH and X&Y are almost unplayable!!

I guard VLV with all my life.

^^ From the newsletter:

sr-album.jpg

title2.jpg

NEW SINGLE - 'Inní mér syngur vitleysingur' (UK-only)

Next Monday sees the release of the first single to be taken from their highly acclaimed album ‘Med sud í eyrum vid spilum endalaust’. ‘Inní mér syngur vitleysingur’ will be available as a 2-track download and CD (UK only) via SigurRos.com, with the exclusive b-side ‘Heima’ featuring on both formats. The download will be offered as both tracks for the price of one.

If you haven’t already, check out the video on MySpace TV, it was was filmed at the Náttúra concert in Reykjavík in June. If you like it that much, why not show your support and head over to MTV2 (UK only) and vote for the video as part of the MySpace chart.

GOBBLEDIGOOK COMPETITION ON YOUTUBE

Suppose Sigur Rós ask people from all around the world to do their own re-interpretations of a tune? And what better than 'Gobbledigook', the gibberish anthem itself?

So here we are: we're giving you all the backing track stripped of lead vocal and the lyrics in both (broken) English and Icelandic as an MP3 (download here).

All we ask is that you supply your own rendition of this free-spirited branch of Sigur Ros's development. No holds barred. The only thing to fear is fear itself, etc, etc

PRIZE: There will be a signed copy of the Special Edition of Með suð í eyrum við spilum endalaust to the most gratifying entry - that's not necessarily the best, just the one the band like the most. Ok, do your worst....

Go to the Group page on YouTube for complete details: http://www.youtube.com/group/Gobbledigook

US TOUR REMINDER

Don't miss your chance to see the band in the US. Some tickets are still left.

9-17 New York, United Palace SOLD OUT

9-18 New York, United Palace SOLD OUT

9-19 Boston, Bank Of America Pavilion BUY TICKETS

9-20 Montreal, Quai Jacques Cartier BUY TICKETS

9-22 Toronto, Massey Hall SOLD OUT

9-23 Detroit, Filmore SOLD OUT

9-24 Chicago, Chicago Theatre SOLD OUT

10-01 San Diego, Copley Hall SOLD OUT

10-02 LA, Greek Theatre BUY TICKETS

10-03 Berkeley, Greek Theatre BUY TICKETS

10-05 Seattle, Benaroya Hall SOLD OUT

10-06 Portland, Arlene Schnitzer Theatre SOLD OUT

10-07 Vancouver, The Chan Centre SOLD OUT

http://www.sigurros.com

http://www.sigur-ros.co.uk

http://www.myspace.com/sigurros

I'll upload them for you on Monday.

Can't say I've been to one but the resounding opinion seems to be that they're epic, I'd guess a half step below radiohead.

On another note though, what are your guys thoughts on their music videos?

All of their one's from takk era (glosoli, hoppipolla etc.) I think are just amazing but I can't stand the agaetis byrjun era ones...they're always nominated for for awards but I find them seriously overrated.

As for the latest album... I find the inni mer syngur vitleysyngur video pretty cool.

Can't say I've been to one but the resounding opinion seems to be that they're epic, I'd guess a half step below radiohead.

On another note though, what are your guys thoughts on their music videos?

All of their one's from takk era (glosoli, hoppipolla etc.) I think are just amazing but I can't stand the agaetis byrjun era ones...they're always nominated for for awards but I find them seriously overrated.

As for the latest album... I find the inni mer syngur vitleysyngur video pretty cool.

I haven't seen the inni mer syngur vitleysingur video yet, but saeglopur it's one of the best music videos I have seen